www.it-solutions.usa.siemens.com

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Reviews in Redmond, WA

Updated June 5, 2014
Updated June 5, 2014
3.5

Siemens IT Solutions and Services President and CEO John E. Evers Jr.
John E. Evers Jr.

Pros
  • Employee Friendly, work life balance can be maintained (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits, low and mid-level managment concerned about employee satisfaction (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • no work/life balance due too 24hr working env (in 7 reviews)

• Poor management structure; upper management would rather have bonus than hire contractors full-time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

i wish i worked for the company and not contracted out to Microsoft

Current Employee - Network Engineer II in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

a lot of vacation and flex time and great benefits

Cons

being contracted out to another company makes it very hard to feel a part of either company, get attention from either, and therefore- tough to get praise or a raise from either. i feel i have absolutely no support from either of my managers at microsoft or siemens

there should be a way to handle position and hr related issues when a person is contracted out to another company. i feel i have absolutely no support from either of my managers at microsoft or siemens

Selling a service as a product.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent people, challenging projects, everyone is allowed to be part of the solution. Senior management is accessible and open to contact from all levels of staff.

Cons

Expectations for contract margins were unrealistic. Training was non-existent and morale was not considered a factor. Staff compensation model was untenable and benefits package was minimal at best.

Develop your staff and invest in their training and growth. If you can show them that you value them, you won't have to spend more money recruiting, hiring, training new staff only to lose them as well.

Just another contracting agency

Current Employee - Support Analyst II in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Support Analyst II in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

They have solid medical benefits, and they weren't big on micro-management. I got to go to work and put in my time without even seeing them much, other than their name on the checks.

Cons

What were supposed to have been monthly 1 on 1 check ins turned into once every six months, if that, and they would last for maybe five minutes. My responsibilities and duties increased, but without a change in title or increase in pay.

When someone's job responsibilities increase, even if the company isn't willing to increase they pay they receive, you need to take slightly less of your 40% profit from them. The same when a pay cut comes down, you should probably eat that since you're a vulture feasting on the corpse of actual workers anyway.

Heartless Employee Manager at Siemens IT Solutions & Svcs

Former Employee - Support Analyst II in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Support Analyst II in Redmond, WA

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

Good total compensation package including base pay and an optional benefits package. If the benefits package is chosen, the base pay is lowered but not by much. And the benefits offered are better than most of the "full time" jobs I've had in the past!

Cons

Unfortunately, like most employers, you are only seen as a number affecting the "bottom line" of the company. There is no room for human compassion or empathy from the company if things go wrong - and they sometimes do. It really stung when I discovered that I was only as valuable as the $$ I brought in, and had no personal value at all.

I really wish you would treat your agency employees with more dignity and respect. As it is, they are pretty much regarded as cattle. MOO!

Be careful working for Siemens IT Solutions and Services as contract worker!

Current Employee - Operation Engineer in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Operation Engineer in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

Benefit package is about all...

Cons

Poor management, no recommendation of performance, overlooked numerous times for promotions, ever changing policies and procedures, months to get earned raises...

Show a little care about what you are doing to your employees and how your actions are affecting their lives and families.

Overall a fantastic company to work for that recognizes excellence and motivated employees

Current Employee - Functional Manager I in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Functional Manager I in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

There is alot of structure and programs to recognize superior performance.
    They are very supportive toward your career goals and giving you resources to achieve it.
    You get more paid time off than anywhere I can think of, starting day one.

Cons

They aren't "touchy-feely"
    No company parties or picnics
    No "morale events"
    You don't know many people outside of your immediate working group
    Very little networking
    No connection to the community
    You can't solicit for personal charities.
    Terrible physical office environment in Issaquah, WA (old factory conversion)

1) More networking / morale / fun events (one a quarter... nothing crazy) with everyone in local area
    2) Please move us out of Issquah, WA to Bellevue, WA, we all hate the commute and the office looks like the set of Star Trek the Next Generation. Doesn't portray our top-tier talent and services to our customer.

Good company to work for, diverse assignments provide broad experience.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer III in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

As an IT Outsource provider, I enjoy the flexibility in job selection, and the range of skills that I gain working in various assignments for area companies.

Cons

Between assignments, you start over with benefits. Between assignments, you aren't earning an income, so financially, it's a strain. The lack of stability - would really be nice to have a place to work at, build a long term career, without having to jump from assignment to assignment. But then, this is the nature of the beast when doing contract work.

Provide better insurance benefits (prescription drug coverage is not so good). I chose UHC health coverage, yet, my monthly prescription costs are 3x that of what it would be if I went through my wifes UHC coverage with her company.

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Photos