Siemens IT Solutions and Services
www.it-solutions.usa.siemens.com Norwalk, CT 5000+ Employees

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Reviews in Redmond, WA

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Siemens IT Solutions and Services President and CEO John E. Evers Jr.

John E. Evers Jr.

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

i wish i worked for the company and not contracted out to Microsoft

Network Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

Prosa lot of vacation and flex time and great benefits

Consbeing contracted out to another company makes it very hard to feel a part of either company, get attention from either, and therefore- tough to get praise or a raise from either. i feel i have absolutely no support from either of my managers at microsoft or siemens

Advice to Senior Managementthere should be a way to handle position and hr related issues when a person is contracted out to another company. i feel i have absolutely no support from either of my managers at microsoft or siemens

Selling a service as a product.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsExcellent people, challenging projects, everyone is allowed to be part of the solution. Senior management is accessible and open to contact from all levels of staff.

ConsExpectations for contract margins were unrealistic. Training was non-existent and morale was not considered a factor. Staff compensation model was untenable and benefits package was minimal at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your staff and invest in their training and growth. If you can show them that you value them, you won't have to spend more money recruiting, hiring, training new staff only to lose them as well.

Just another contracting agency

Support Analyst II (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsThey have solid medical benefits, and they weren't big on micro-management. I got to go to work and put in my time without even seeing them much, other than their name on the checks.

ConsWhat were supposed to have been monthly 1 on 1 check ins turned into once every six months, if that, and they would last for maybe five minutes. My responsibilities and duties increased, but without a change in title or increase in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen someone's job responsibilities increase, even if the company isn't willing to increase they pay they receive, you need to take slightly less of your 40% profit from them. The same when a pay cut comes down, you should probably eat that since you're a vulture feasting on the corpse of actual workers anyway.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Heartless Employee Manager at Siemens IT Solutions & Svcs

Support Analyst II (Former Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGood total compensation package including base pay and an optional benefits package. If the benefits package is chosen, the base pay is lowered but not by much. And the benefits offered are better than most of the "full time" jobs I've had in the past!

ConsUnfortunately, like most employers, you are only seen as a number affecting the "bottom line" of the company. There is no room for human compassion or empathy from the company if things go wrong - and they sometimes do. It really stung when I discovered that I was only as valuable as the $$ I brought in, and had no personal value at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really wish you would treat your agency employees with more dignity and respect. As it is, they are pretty much regarded as cattle. MOO!

Be careful working for Siemens IT Solutions and Services as contract worker!

Operation Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsBenefit package is about all...

ConsPoor management, no recommendation of performance, overlooked numerous times for promotions, ever changing policies and procedures, months to get earned raises...

Advice to Senior ManagementShow a little care about what you are doing to your employees and how your actions are affecting their lives and families.

Overall a fantastic company to work for that recognizes excellence and motivated employees

Functional Manager I (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsThere is alot of structure and programs to recognize superior performance.
    They are very supportive toward your career goals and giving you resources to achieve it.
    You get more paid time off than anywhere I can think of, starting day one.

ConsThey aren't "touchy-feely"
    No company parties or picnics
    No "morale events"
    You don't know many people outside of your immediate working group
    Very little networking
    No connection to the community
    You can't solicit for personal charities.
    Terrible physical office environment in Issaquah, WA (old factory conversion)

Advice to Senior Management1) More networking / morale / fun events (one a quarter... nothing crazy) with everyone in local area
    2) Please move us out of Issquah, WA to Bellevue, WA, we all hate the commute and the office looks like the set of Star Trek the Next Generation. Doesn't portray our top-tier talent and services to our customer.

Good company to work for, diverse assignments provide broad experience.

Systems Engineer III (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsAs an IT Outsource provider, I enjoy the flexibility in job selection, and the range of skills that I gain working in various assignments for area companies.

ConsBetween assignments, you start over with benefits. Between assignments, you aren't earning an income, so financially, it's a strain. The lack of stability - would really be nice to have a place to work at, build a long term career, without having to jump from assignment to assignment. But then, this is the nature of the beast when doing contract work.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better insurance benefits (prescription drug coverage is not so good). I chose UHC health coverage, yet, my monthly prescription costs are 3x that of what it would be if I went through my wifes UHC coverage with her company.

Worked for Siemens IT Solutions and Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens IT Solutions and Services reviews and ratings in Redmond, WA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Siemens IT Solutions and Services CEO John E. Evers Jr. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Siemens IT Solutions and Services employees.