www.it-solutions.usa.siemens.com

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Reviews

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.6

Siemens IT Solutions and Services President and CEO John E. Evers Jr.
John E. Evers Jr.

Pros
  • Employee Friendly, work life balance can be maintained (in 19 reviews)

• Good benefits, low and mid-level managment concerned about employee satisfaction (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • no work/life balance due too 24hr working env (in 7 reviews)

• Poor management structure; upper management would rather have bonus than hire contractors full-time (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Very fulfilling

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1 - Extremely good opportunity to learn
    2 - Co-workers are very helpful
    3 - Great stability

Cons

1 - Cannot move between teams and locations
    2 - The bureaucracy to do the above is very complex
    3 - Time taken to consider opportunities within is very slow

There should be more open door policy to approach and discuss with managers.

Siemens SBT is a good company to work for.

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services

Pros

Siemens SBT is a good company to work for.

Cons

Siemens SBT is not good company to work for.

Good company

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time

Pros

Good benefit, flexible working time. Stable and nice working environment. Any way it is a very good company to work for.

Cons

Big company, complex process and very few opportunity to grow up.

A company unconcerned with their employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mason, OH

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Through my many years with this company, under various company names through buy-outs, I met a lot of wonderful people. This is a large, global company so there is a lot of opportunity for training and advancement.

Cons

Unfortunately, they are a company who is not considered with the welfare of their employees. They consider you lucky to have a job and don't care how unhappy you are in that job. There is no work life balance. Their concern is their bottom line, not you. I truly wish this company had cared more for their employees (the company name is ATOS now and I hear they aren't much different), because they could've been a force to be reckoned with.

Employees need to feel that they matter. Telling them they are lucky to have a job and to keep their complaints and suggestions to themselves is no way to run a company. There is a reason this company keeps being bought out by others.

Selling a service as a product.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent people, challenging projects, everyone is allowed to be part of the solution. Senior management is accessible and open to contact from all levels of staff.

Cons

Expectations for contract margins were unrealistic. Training was non-existent and morale was not considered a factor. Staff compensation model was untenable and benefits package was minimal at best.

Develop your staff and invest in their training and growth. If you can show them that you value them, you won't have to spend more money recruiting, hiring, training new staff only to lose them as well.

Good compensation but employees are cheated at times

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time

Pros

Higher than average industry compensation
    Relatively fast promotions and large raises if you perform well
    Excellent brand name

Cons

Before I begin, I want to clearly state that this review is ONLY intended for the Indian branch of this company. I have not worked at any of the other branches and cannot comment on the conditions there.

Employees are cheated often by the company, at least in India. A colleague I worked with submitted his resignation because he was offered a raise of 100% in another organization. He was promised an equal raise if he stayed on. As soon as his project ended a couple of weeks later, he was laid off. He never got the raise either.

Another colleague who wanted to leave for another job was offered a 25% raise to stay on, which he accepted. When he later complained that he did not receive the raise, HR informed him that the entire raise was listed as a "variable performance based component" of his salary, which, despite fantastic performance ratings, he did not qualify for. The reason? He was sent to a client site in another country for a part of the year and apparently, that location had a different cost center number, which disqualified him from any performance incentives, which were only applicable in his existing cost center. Of course, he was not informed about any of this earlier

Employees were also asked to incur travel expenses on behalf of the company for onsite travel and told they would be reimbursed for it later. Then, after the expenses had been incurred, the manager informed the employees that the rules had changed and that reimbursement for business expenses was no longer provided for that particular project. To make things worse, there were mass layoffs a month later. Not only did employees lose their jobs, but they had incurred expenses on behalf of the company.

Lastly, there was a retention bonus announced for anyone who spent over 5 years in the organization. The amount was equal to a whole year's pay and many employees declined better job offers in the hope of collecting this bonus. Three weeks before the bonus was due, the company laid of a large number of staff, many of which were entitled to this amount. Many approached HR and asked if they could work for free for another month just so they could be eligible for that bonus, but they were declined. So many people lost better opportunities and were cheated of a year's pay because of this.

The company used to be a great place to work but the 2008 recession resulted in the organization showing a completely different side of itself. Layoffs may be an unfortunately part of business, but intentionally cheating employees and making them incur financial losses is not. Focus on honestly and fairness with your employees and check malpractices before they become rampant.

Siemens a great place to work

Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of opportunities and great innovation

Cons

Too big .like the federal government. too many silos and too much security for the old timers so they are too relaxed

Decentralize the power structure - think local act global

Fulfilling but was a highly demanding experience with little concern to personal sacrifices to accomplish the goals

Current Employee - Consultant in Mason, OH
    Current Employee - Consultant in Mason, OH

I have been working at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leading edge technology and solutions

Cons

Always wanting more for less. Little concern of employees hours

Put your customers and employees first

Good team, weak leadership

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Client and Siemens IT team good to work with - professional.

Cons

Leadership weak to non-existent above the geographic and account leaders

Go back to HP or where ever you came from.

Great for long-term employment but other considerations should be made first.

Former Employee - Helpdesk Agent II in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Agent II in Mason, OH

I worked at Siemens IT Solutions and Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Benefits were very good and affordable.
    -We had a quiet room that helped ease a little of the stress.
    -Paid Time Off came in handy when I needed it.
    -Online learning courses were available.
    -Training was provided including customer service training.

Cons

I received abusive treatment from management, customers and coworkers on a regular basis. After four years of unending abuse, I had it. I left the company and vowed never to return.

I have no advice to offer. I refuse to have anything to do with them.

Siemens IT Solutions and Services Photos