Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics

Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics CEO Michael Reitermann

Michael Reitermann

Pros
  • Depending on supervisor, good work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• They have many great benefits, training and development opportunities(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management don't always know what the people under them are doing(in 4 reviews)

• No Career Growth within the company - Frustrated employees(in 3 reviews)

Good stepping stone for career, but very limited room for growth.

Laboratory Technician IV (Current Employee)

Pros- Learn many desired laboratory techniques demanded by the industry

Cons- Very poor management
    - Often do work that is way beyond job description and title, but still not paid at least market price (very underpaid for the work expected)

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the cons above - this is the real reason why turnover is extremely high and the current employees are dissatisfied. Boosting morale is crucial or else you run the risk of losing very excellent and skilled employees. Listen to your employees without instilling fear or repercussions.

Employee personal information is misused

Finance Manager (Former Employee) Tarrytown, NY

Prosaverage company at best to work for

ConsCompany uses a consumer reporting agency called Verifications Inc out of MN to conduct pre employment back ground checks. Beware of this company, after going thru the process, I found out they send your SSN to nearly a dozen other companies for not reason under the pretext of performing background checks. These checks can be done with just full name and DOB. Siemens does not really care, they use employee SSN as an identifier for nearly every thing creating huge ID theft risk for their employees

Advice to Senior Managementtreat others as you would want to be treated

Good place to be

Analyst (Current Employee) Tarrytown, NY

Prosgreat pay, great benefits. career opportunities with international assignments. you will feel rewarded if you work hard, smart co-workers with different backgrounds. various cultures and great diversity...good environment to work and learn.

Conslocation a bit far from new york city...surrounded by many engineers for a finance person:)
    getting approvals can be sometimes challenging as you are working with people located in all over the world.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the german style, good management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Benefits

Lab Technician III (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood Benefits. Lots of resources to learn most techniques needed to work in BioScience. Great associates to work with. Easy to get along with others.

ConsOld equipment is constantly breaking down or out of compliance.
    Fear of layoffs, cGMP and GDP not taken seriously enough. Management is not so open to constructive critcism. Salaries are lower than other BioScience in the area.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employees.

Too much politics, too many old people waiting to retire...

ProsPay, flexibility (except in S/W), Job security?

ConsNo innovation, no reward for hard work

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk into unfamiliar areas of building to see what is actually going on in building...

No big thrills!

Project Manager (Current Employee) Hoffman Estates, IL

ProsNice benefits. They grounds outside are very nice.

ConsToo many project running in parallel and its difficult for employees to spend enough quality time or focus on each of them. In the past, the whole team would work on one project. Now, the whole team is jumping from project to project all running in parallel and management thinks we are going to be more productive? The work furniture is old. They do not spend much money on the quality of the work environment.

Great place to start out in Field Engineering but expect growth to be slow

Field Service Engineer II (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGood training, lots of work, fairly good co-workers. Great benefits. You will have a lot of time to do things at home but it is feast or famine, some weeks will be slammed and others will be quiet. Flexibility is key.

ConsToo much paperwork, declining quality of product, less focus on customer service. Customers are running for the hills with so many product recalls, reliability is suffering.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your engineers or they will go elsewhere

Where Talent and Enthusiasm Go to Die

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Flanders, NJ

ProsIn theory, Siemens should be a good place to work. It has global reach and appears to be successful. The pay and benefits are decent. Lots of intelligent, hard-working people.

ConsI've never worked in a more toxic, less efficient environment. Lots of blame-shifting. Out-of-control bureaucracy, lack of discipline and focus, extremely confused and confusing management roles and structure. Morale is awful, and there's no end in sight.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in the big guns from Germany and get rid of the terrible middle managers before it's too late.

Although at times there was too much stress to produce, I liked to work at Siemens.

Senior Staff Scientist (Former Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsThe projects I worked with were interesting and I liked the policy of flexible work environment. Innovative ideas were encouraged and appreciated.

ConsThere is lack of long term strategy in molecular diagnostics and there are no new projects or products in the pipe line.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to focus on long term strategy.

Major Morale Issues, Business Instability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood paid time off, safe work environment

ConsOrganization does not promote from within, morale at all time low, layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote lower level employees instead of hiring external people to fill senior level positions. It's not good for morale when so many are passed over for promotion and then made to spend lots of time training the external hires who got the job instead.

Worked for Siemens Medical Solutions Diagnostics? Contribute to the Community!