Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services

Updated September 23, 2014
3.4

Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services CEO John Glaser
John Glaser

Pros
  • Good work life balance, Good network of people to work with (in 15 reviews)

• Pay work environment, people, work (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The work life balance can be challenging at times but overall manageable (in 6 reviews)

• It's a large company headquartered in Germany (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary, Travel, Benefits, Workplace Environment, Networking, Education, Training, Customers, Experience, Relaxed environment

Cons

Work/Life balance. With the amount of travel required it is difficult for some. However, I am not married, nor do I have any children or other commitments, so the amount of travel is fine for my schedule.

Do not keep employees in upper level positions who have not used the system in 10+ years.

Good place to settle

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Cary, NC

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services as a contractor

Pros

Seems to be what people envision when they say "i'm headed to the office," Overall a positive environment, well appointed, team hierarchy and although situated in Cary, NC has distinct German sensibilities. I can say this site is fairly diverse and weekly we encounter many international employees and customers' of Siemens making the educational pilgrimage to this site. 1 hr lunch break. Siemens will "groom" you into the role in order to help you be successful--this is awesome. Ample internal promotion

Cons

Routine, routine, routine, yeah some people like this, 5-day work week. Cant really complain, its work, pay can always be better. How much money is enough "just a little more," replied John D Rockefeller--

Application Analyst

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services

Pros

Educational Opportunities, manager support, persona growth

Cons

Compensation, annual review process is cumbersome, instability due to acquisition by Cerner

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Programmer Analyst III

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III  in  Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III in Mason, OH

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company with great benefits and pay.

Cons

Company removed my position with no warning.
    Supervisor bias.

The company spent a fair amount to hire me and yet the supervisor would listen to one employee, that had a personal vengeance against me, to remove me from the company.

Was not given the opportunity to speak in my behalf before the company let me go.

A good German company with mixed feelings for Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good structure, good benefits, responsible finacial managing of the company.

Cons

Non-reactive management, we work too much in silos

Be more transparent in all business transactions. What are the companies strenghts, weaknesses. What is the plan to address the weaknesses. Too many gloss-over status meetings leave most workers with a lack of confidence.

Ups and downs

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer  in  Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Good pay, one of the better companies I have word fot

Cons

Field service is a thankless job

Not a bad place to earn a living

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services for more than 3 years

Pros

Management is willing to listen, work with you and assist in providing solutions to complex issues.
    Flexible hours
    Online continuing education classes available at no cost

Cons

There are not enough staff members to cover the amount of work needed to be done.
    As this is a Managed Services group you are onsite for a customer but often you are not educated in the software/hardware being used and you have to "figure it out as you go" and hope you are getting it right.

Allow more opportunity for vendor training.

Siemens Healthcare

Former Employee - Sr Director, Product Marketing  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Sr Director, Product Marketing in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very focused on research and development so products are innovative.

Cons

The company is does not place a value on marketing so they do not allocate sufficient headcount or monetary resources. While the structure of the global manufacturing and country sales organizations makes sense, it does not work because of the disparity in power between the organizations. The needs and goals of the global groups most often trump the country organizations sometimes resulting in poorly timed product introductions and/or products that are incomplete for some markets.

Also focus on marketing

Siemens is a good company with great benefits - but cannot execute on its plan

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent benefits, salary, and time-off policies. The company had a wonderful vision with Soarian and the deep pockets of Siemens AG to accomplish the organization's goals. The acquisition of this company by Cerner will likely begin to turn things around for the customer base.

Cons

Misaligned goals across departments that led to poor outcomes. Product development created solutions that did not work well when implemented - causing significant customer satisfaction issues. Cerner will probably not need most of the Siemens employees and there will likely be the usual right-sizing once the acquisition is complete. I would not apply for any positions until the dust settles and the two companies become one Cerner organization.

Siemens HS became a dysfunctional group with misaligned goals and priorities. This company was once a leader in the healthcare IT space, but poor leadership, finger pointing, and a lack of execution erased that history. Please don't be proud of the sale to Cerner. It isn't a victory.

OK company - fantastic people

Current Employee - Software Engineer, Senior Staff  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer, Senior Staff in Malvern, PA

Pros

Having been with Siemens for over 20 years I can say without a doubt that the people are what make it a great place to work. Many have been there longer than I have despite opportunities to go elsewhere and likely earn a larger salary. Scrum teams are very supportive of each other and the team room and Agile environment is terrific. Opportunities are good for moving around in the company and even into or out of management from development. It's a German company so benefits are above average. Work/life balance is excellent with the ability to work at home when necessary or flex hours. Management is generally good and tries to make decisions based on input from the bottom and with the best intentions.

Cons

The software has too many configurations making it impossible to test properly or install reasonably. The development software is not leading edge and there ends up being more time spent on support or processes that are far too big to be productive or efficient. Too many silos and people not communicating with each other.

Upper management has bent over backward for too many years to do one-offs for customers at the expense of keeping up with the market, resulting ultimately in the sale to Cerner. You snooze; you lose.

Worked for Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services? Contribute to the Community!