Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services

Updated October 16, 2014
3.4

Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services CEO John Glaser
John Glaser

Pros
  • Work/life balance is excellent with the ability to work at home when necessary or flex hours (in 19 reviews)

• can work from home occasioanlly (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Siemens talks a good game about work-life balance but has provided little of that over the last 5 or so years (in 8 reviews)

• The parent company is almost always at the helm via senior management and usually out of touch with the local offices (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Senior Management Sold Us Out

Current Employee - National Sales Director in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - National Sales Director in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Strong Products, Great Customers, o-workers, work-life balance, compensation

Cons

company was sold to Cerner, Sr. Management

Enjoyed working there in sales and sales support roles.

Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Management, Environment, Benefits,location, work from home.

Cons

Wish I was still there.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Consultant in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary, Travel, Benefits, Workplace Environment, Networking, Education, Training, Customers, Experience, Relaxed environment

Cons

Work/Life balance. With the amount of travel required it is difficult for some. However, I am not married, nor do I have any children or other commitments, so the amount of travel is fine for my schedule.

Do not keep employees in upper level positions who have not used the system in 10+ years.

No room for advancement

Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior Staff in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Senior Staff in Malvern, PA

Pros

Depending on the manager, flexible schedule

Cons

Forget about raises or promotions

Siemens IT helpdesk my interrim position

Current Employee - Customer Support Technical II in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Technical II in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

can work from home occasioanlly

Cons

Mangement communicates poorly, sparce technical training, they believe knowledge base notes are more important than actully hands on training. Sweatshop environment, management is only concerned about numbers and not the employees unless you are part of one of their cliches. Compensation is below industry standard and promotions depend on who you know and not your performance. They have a very high turn over rate and an extreme amount of stress. Also when there is a disagreement between the employees and the customer, management never backs their employees.

Communicate better, listen to suggestions offered by employees who are technically proficient. Allow for more flexibility to work with the customer to resolve problems. So some empathy and concern for the problems faced by your employees. Don't be so overtly insensitive to non-white employees, they tend to treat all nonwhite employees as though they are idiots who are not capable of learning.

Good place to settle

Current Employee - Coordinator in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Cary, NC

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services as a contractor

Pros

Seems to be what people envision when they say "i'm headed to the office," Overall a positive environment, well appointed, team hierarchy and although situated in Cary, NC has distinct German sensibilities. I can say this site is fairly diverse and weekly we encounter many international employees and customers' of Siemens making the educational pilgrimage to this site. 1 hr lunch break. Siemens will "groom" you into the role in order to help you be successful--this is awesome. Ample internal promotion

Cons

Routine, routine, routine, yeah some people like this, 5-day work week. Cant really complain, its work, pay can always be better. How much money is enough "just a little more," replied John D Rockefeller--

Application Analyst

I have been working at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services

Pros

Educational Opportunities, manager support, persona growth

Cons

Compensation, annual review process is cumbersome, instability due to acquisition by Cerner

Programmer Analyst III

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst III in Mason, OH

I worked at Siemens Medical Solutions Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company with great benefits and pay.

Cons

Company removed my position with no warning.
    Supervisor bias.

The company spent a fair amount to hire me and yet the supervisor would listen to one employee, that had a personal vengeance against me, to remove me from the company.

Was not given the opportunity to speak in my behalf before the company let me go.

A good German company with mixed feelings for Healthcare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Good structure, good benefits, responsible finacial managing of the company.

Cons

Non-reactive management, we work too much in silos

Be more transparent in all business transactions. What are the companies strenghts, weaknesses. What is the plan to address the weaknesses. Too many gloss-over status meetings leave most workers with a lack of confidence.

Ups and downs

Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

Good pay, one of the better companies I have word fot

Cons

Field service is a thankless job