Siemens

www.siemens.com

Siemens Reviews in Mountain View, CA

Joe Kaeser

Pros
  • They seek to help you with your professional development and are flexible with your work/life balance (in 65 reviews)

• The work environment is also very nice and inviting (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tried to prompt younger guys for better control (in 20 reviews)

• difficult to get the work-life balance in the Indian environment (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights
3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Thankfully the culture is changing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsThe culture is improving. We are finally increasing our workforce to a more appropriate level. Senior management is now more concerned with winning the game as opposed to finishing with the fewest players. Siemens innovations are second to none and most of the new management team is personable and understands how to motivate.

ConsSiemens is an enormous corporation. The promotion path is often difficult to understand and negotiate. There is still a very "departmentalized" mindset among some management, which delays success. I see actions being taken to minimize or in some cases, eliminate this departmental mindset. It will never go away completely. Siemens is becomming a much better place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within and develop a clear, practical promotion path. I believe you are on the right track, so please continue. Please listen to your seasoned employees as much or more than just those at a Vice President level.

Disappointing in terms of opportunities for job growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsSaleries are fair, benefits are good, generous PTO (vacation) program (as long as you don't get sick), nice location close to Google campus.

ConsSoon to be five CEOs in five years. Market share is half what is was eight years ago. Management is delusional regarding what it would take to make it back to where we were.

Many of the VPs who got us into this mess remain. Needless to say, most employees can't understand why they are still here.

Company is quite understaffed after years of lay-offs (even after expanding a bit during the last year), so everyone is overworked and cooperation suffers.

People stay on because they love Ultrasound and the economy is bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementGer rid of the under-achieving VPs and middle managers.

Admit that additional investment will be needed to execute on current plans and grow faster than competition.

Promote from within. There are still a lot of good people left in the organization.

By trimming the fat, you lose a lot of precious meat.

Project Manager (Former Employee) Mountain View, CA

ProsIf you can weather the seasonal layoffs that have occurred since 2004, there is room for advancement and growth.

ConsManagement has unrealistic expectation of results given the amount of resources (lack thereof).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can't get something for nothing.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!