Siemens PLM Software Reviews

• Milford, OH
3.2
Siemens PLM Software President & CEO Chuck Grindstaff
Chuck Grindstaff

1. I was only a co-op but working at this job was okay.

Current Intern - Product Engineer in Milford, OH
    Current Intern - Product Engineer in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

You can have a very flexible schedule. The workers are nice and everyone seems to get along. The software seems to be good as well as long as you get comfortable with it.

Cons

The training was very tedious. It's located pretty much in the middle of nowhere and the commute can get boring if traveling from Cincinnati. The software is not for everyone, I'm not really a CAD guy but that's exactly what this job entails.

Keep doing what you are doing. I like the job

2. When it was SDRC it was a great place to work, but now it's become a Corporation that only cares for it's Executives.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Convenient location, nice atmosphere, for the most part great people but you still have your troublemakers like every place does.

Cons

Low yearly merit increases, women are the minority here, certain benefits offered but they won't approve you to use, no career development, no promotions, they will change your title, but won't increase your salary. No company outings i.e. company picnic, Christmas party. Little or no incentives, bonus's or recognitions.

Recognize all of your employees when they are doing a good job, not only when something is wrong. Know and understand their job position, what they do, what they are supposed to do and what they are not supposed to do.

3. stable company with OK payment. it is maintaining several long-existing software.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than a year)

Pros

stable environment. no many things to take care, besides your real work.

Cons

Management is not systematic, but depends on your manager. Low payment.

Pay more attention to the reviews of workers. Do not just read the data in the table.

5. Good people, friendly environment

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Great on resume. Good experience to use for future. Opportunity to work with diverse culture. Benefits of very high standard

Cons

It can be a little dull. Since it is a big company that is stable you wont see drastic changes in growth.

The ping pong table in one of the conference room is a great idea. It would be nice to invest in other similar activity sites. For example tennis courts, swimming pool

Be ready to travel ... a lot

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Exposure to multiple customers in multiple industries

quarterly bonus plan

Cons

No work life balance - you may be told during the interview the job comes with some travel, but then you are put on the road for 75% of the time with no comp time and no monetary adjustment.

For a "leading" software company, their internal systems are disconnected and outdated

No chance for promotion into other divisions of Siemens

Benefits can be greatly reduced in the US to make up for the fact they can't be reduce in Europe

Several years of poor salary increases (if any) due to poor conditions in Europe even though US doing very well

There should be compensation for traveling
    No career growth

7. Stable and open environment

Current Employee - Manager in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Employees are generally afforded the ability to work flexible schedules when needed. Raises are fair and commensurate with personal performance and current market conditions. Open and collaborative environment. As an employee, it is my responsibility to address my own development and progression goals, not management's. Employees need to take responsibility for their own development.

Cons

Some employees are grossly underpaid as a result of legacy issues and management's inability or unwillingness to address the situation. Overall, most employees are fairly compensated, though.

8. Siemens PLM Intern

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

I worked at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Great work environment
    Awesome, friendly employees/workplace

Cons

Due to the rough economy, it is hard to advance your career right now

Happy employees lead to success

9. Mechanical/computer engineers place to work.

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Siemens PLM Software is the industry leader in Product Life Cycle Management and Product Data Management software. It employs a talented group of diverse people in many offices across the USA and abroad. Siemens purchased the company year ago and the committment to the product and its people it very evident in the care taken over the last year of transition. If you are a computer engineer and/or a mechanical engineer and considered what a career in software development might look like for a person with your expertise - take a closer look. PLM Software works with many top customers and many of their design engineers use our computer aided design software to create, develop and manufacture great products. The level of talented people who are very smart and approach the work w/ technical expertise not seen many places. Good benefits; flexible schedules; good eye as a compan towards the future of our industry.

Cons

I cannot think of any long list of downsides to working for Siemens PLM Software. Possibly the raises could be more frequent and the benefits could be slightly less expensive, but as I understand the cost of benefits in general these days - it is relatively reasonable.

Benefits could be a little better as far as pricing but overall I understand they are very good compared to other companies.

Siemens PLM Software Photos