Siemens PLM Software Reviews

216 reviews filtered by
3.6
Siemens PLM Software President & CEO Chuck Grindstaff
Chuck Grindstaff

Pros
  • When it comes to work/life balance Siemens is extremely understanding (in 20 reviews)

• Work environment is good and supportive (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay, non-existent bonuses, very low raises, almost no career growth (in 9 reviews)

• No career path for technical field support personnel like myself who don't want to enter management (in 15 reviews)

1. Safe, but somewhat boring

Current Employee - Software Engineer Advanced in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Advanced in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Atmosphere is corporate/stale, but not terribly stressful. Work weeks are probably in the 40-45 hour range, and overtime is not something that happens terribly often. Pay is reasonable, benefits are solid. Opportunities to move to other locations, and I am able to work a day or two a week from home. Job security is not an issue - Short of massive economic downturn / Market and/or product collapse, I feel my job is pretty stable. First time I've ever worked somewhere where the rule was people retiring as true software developers.

Cons

Culture is somewhat stale, as is most of the technology. Bureaucracy is rather high, with a pretty heavy/long management chain. Because of the above, it seems somewhat difficult to really make change without having some pretty serious evangelization from upper management.

Much of the software itself is getting somewhat dated. Toolchains are home grown and out of date (though were likely true next-level stuff in their prime). Products are similar - learning curve can be fairly steep and overhead frustrating. Documentation/communication/management across such a broad org is tough and that permeates to day to day projects.

Biggest issue: Really tough sell for younger / motivated people for a long term gig. If you move fast and do good work, it will feel like everyone else moves at a turtles pace. Much more of a union feel, where the road to advancement hinges much more on time spent, than actual output/success. Becoming an expert or building new tech typically ends up as a burden as you won't be able to pass it off and can easily end up in a maintenance/go-to-guy hell.

I like this job, and most things about this company are solid. I just wish we could move past the 90's, and that there was a better way for people wanting to work hard and succeed, to do so. As it stands, this would be a great place to ease back and retire from. For someone in the prime of your career (or starting out), it's quite the letdown. There's just no motivation/compensation/support for individuals who want to do great things.

2. When it was SDRC it was a great place to work, but now it's become a Corporation that only cares for it's Executives.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Convenient location, nice atmosphere, for the most part great people but you still have your troublemakers like every place does.

Cons

Low yearly merit increases, women are the minority here, certain benefits offered but they won't approve you to use, no career development, no promotions, they will change your title, but won't increase your salary. No company outings i.e. company picnic, Christmas party. Little or no incentives, bonus's or recognitions.

Recognize all of your employees when they are doing a good job, not only when something is wrong. Know and understand their job position, what they do, what they are supposed to do and what they are not supposed to do.

3. Senior Sofware Engineer

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

Flexible, good work life balance.

Cons

Low salary, disconnected team, and disconnected management.

5. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE PLACE

I worked at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

They do pay well- they have to considering you will probably have a nervous breakdown working there.

Cons

Gossipy mean spirited people. Management totally clueless and workload balancing is a concept foreign to this company. This is a place where you better watch everything you do, and trust NOONE. Keep all your personal business to yourself because if you don't, trust me, those you think you can trust are just sharpening the sword waiting for the right time to stab you in the back.

Clean house and just start fresh. Sounds drastic but probably the best solution. This place needs a complete overhaul.

6. I like the companies culture but it needs to broaden out more.

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

The company has good benefits.

Cons

The company has low salary.

7. Pros and Cons

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

MutliCAD integration
    Unified Architecture
    Strong Manufacturing capability
    Very strong in complex parts
    Mechatronics

Cons

Commission structure
    Upper Management little direction
    UI/Usability
    Too complex
    Implementation services

If you need a totally integrated system (i.e. triangulation between the requirements, risk and the product you will need the power of Teamcenter.
    Stay as close as you can to OOTB capability.

8. No where to go

Current Employee - Software Product Consultant III in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Software Product Consultant III in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very understanding when it come to working around personal appointments. Great people to work with.

Cons

No room to move up or path

9. Friendly environment that potentially can become what you want it to be

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Over the span of more than a decade, I have got the opportunities to work with smart people globally, with most of them becoming my friends. Our customers are interesting, challenging, and their projects got me to keep educating myself and increasing the width of my field of knowledge. Life and career balance can be achieved most of the time. Improvements at all levels are starting to pick up pace.

Cons

There is a need to build own career path and create own opportunities. Help and / or guidance from managers in this effort is an extreme rare currency. There are months where working late and having late night conference calls becomes the norm. Improvements at all levels are still happening at a slow pace that could be frustrating at times.

10. Lots of opportunity, but inadequate training and technical support.

Former Employee - PLM Implementation Consultant in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - PLM Implementation Consultant in Plano, TX

I worked at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity. Some very talented people.

Cons

Culture seemed strained to me. Work/life balance seemed off. Very highly demanding. Little training. Technical documentation and support is weak. Lots of travel.

Leaving people alone for long periods of time in their home offices and then asking them to go out into the field and perform highly challenging work does not seem like a good business model to me.

11. Great if you are looking for stability and challenges, not so much if you want any upward mobility

Current Employee - Software Product Consultant, Project Manager
    Current Employee - Software Product Consultant, Project Manager

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very little turnover, plenty of work to do and sufficient opportunity to learn new things if you get on the right project. The people are generally very talented and great to work with. Salary and benefits are pretty good.

Cons

Very easy to get stuck in a rut and if you are a good performer management is only too happy to have you continue to do that for the rest of your career. Promotions are extremely rare. As with most large companies, don't expect more than a few percentage point raise every year regardless of how good you are or how hard you work.

Get a clue about career development. Promote and provide rotation and growth opportunities, especially for your best people or you will lose them. Learn what burnout means and what to do about it.

Siemens PLM Software Photos