Siemens PLM Software

Updated September 15, 2014
3.6

Siemens PLM Software President & CEO Chuck Grindstaff
Chuck Grindstaff

Pros
  • When it comes to work/life balance Siemens is extremely understanding (in 15 reviews)

• Good work culture and healthy work environment (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Most of the pros are found at most companies now a days, no career growth due to low turn over (in 8 reviews)

• No career path for technical field support personnel like myself who don't want to enter management (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Hired for Life

Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst  in  Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Analyst in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Very rare to be fired.

Cons

IT is the last to be rewarded for hard work

Value your staff as an asset

stable company with OK payment. it is maintaining several long-existing software.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

stable environment. no many things to take care, besides your real work.

Cons

Management is not systematic, but depends on your manager. Low payment.

Pay more attention to the reviews of workers. Do not just read the data in the table.

Overall good company to work for.

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Seem to have a good presence on the PLM space in every market vertical
    Say they are interested in advancing your career and give planning tools to assist in doing so.
    Many long time employees with lots of knowledge. and willing to help.
    Healthcare offerings are very good.
    Compensation has been decent but it's really a black-hole of what your job title should pay.

Cons

They acquire companies but don't have a plan of how to integrate them into product. Even after several years later.
    Plenty of training opportunities. however most of them are web based and getting the time to take the training is difficult.
    No defined career paths.
    Sometimes difficult to find technical information
    Many in upper management have iphones but everyone else has to get a blackberry. Though they are starting to roll out the galaxy s4 if you have business justification. This isn't a complaint or praise about iphones/android/blackberry. Its management saying one thing is needed or necessary for them to do their job efficiently but not for the rest of company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I was only a co-op but working at this job was okay.

Current Employee - Product Engineer  in  Milford, OH
    Current Employee - Product Engineer in Milford, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You can have a very flexible schedule. The workers are nice and everyone seems to get along. The software seems to be good as well as long as you get comfortable with it.

Cons

The training was very tedious. It's located pretty much in the middle of nowhere and the commute can get boring if traveling from Cincinnati. The software is not for everyone, I'm not really a CAD guy but that's exactly what this job entails.

Keep doing what you are doing. I like the job

Not a bad place

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No office politics, work oriented culture, Domain leaders, Decent remuneration

Cons

Slow Growth, due to domain limitations adoption of latest technologies is slow and so sometimes you don't get to work on cutting edge software technologies. Work life balance can take a hit at times

Best company to work for in PLM domain

Current Employee - Software Engineer Advanced  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Software Engineer Advanced in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time

Pros

1. Market leader in PLM related field
    2. Great oppurtunity to work with some of the best people in the CAD & PLM domain
    3. There are good oppurtunities for individual growth in the company
    4. Flexible work hours and work life balance
    5. Decent pay and benefits

Cons

1. There can be better coordination between various product teams
    2. Need better training programs for current employees in latest technolgies and product features

To attract better talent pay needs to be more attractive

Learned a lot at first, then it slowed down...a lot

Former Employee - SharePoint Intern  in  Cypress, CA
    Former Employee - SharePoint Intern in Cypress, CA

I worked at Siemens PLM Software as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I was able to learn many new software platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, HTML, and CSS very quickly even though I did not know anything about them ahead of time. Tons of autonomy in everyday tasks.

Cons

Team was located around the world, so no real interaction with people in the office besides my boss. After a while, my boss who was one level below the CIO became very busy and was not able to provide me input on my assignments as frequently as needed.

A Different Company Back Then

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Siemens have a wide range of software from product life cycle, manufacturing, engineering and analysis tools that you can learn on everyday real-world applications.

Cons

Too many software portfolio that makes it hard for even the best application engineer to stay up-to-date on, let alone how these software truly integrate with one another. If you pick a software product and dive deep, you become specialized in that area with no opportunity to expand across other portfolio. Career advancement is seldom rewarded or often denied.

Invest in your employees by providing real training (on-site, not web-based), place them on job assignments regardless if they have all the qualifications needed. A week attending an in-class training is far more effective than a month worth of self-paced web-based training. Have them shadow the team to learn first-hands on how the experts provide solutions to customers. Have some faith in employees by giving them opportunity to shine through. Holding back a seasoned employee because he/she doesn't have that one specific skill set you need for a specific assignment is no-win situation for both. Promote from within company to provide opportunity to those who have wealth of knowledge to share (i.e. Jack of all trade). Stop with the internal job interviews for employees who are being interviewed for a specific project assignment within the company. We are already employed by you, have our resume and skill set profile updated, and the resource managers should be able to say I have XYZ person available, and now go utilize this person for that project assignment. The competitiveness within our own organization is counter-productive for everyone.

Bad place to work

I have been working at Siemens PLM Software full-time

Pros

Flexible work hours. Nothing else

Cons

Hard to move up the ladder. Very lateral.
    Managers are very incompetent. Only interested in asking for status from subordinates. They appear to spend a lot of time working, but actually contribute very little. They are only interested in their advancement even at the expense of subordinates. All projects are very badly managed they have a process but don't follow it.

Nothing that they would care to consider.

Great people to work with

I worked at Siemens PLM Software

Pros

-Great teamwork
    -Always willing to help
    -You learn a lot
    -Nice, calm working environment

Cons

I have no complaints about this company.

Worked for Siemens PLM Software? Contribute to the Community!