Siemens Reviews

Reset
5.0
Siemens President & CEO Joe Kaeser
Joe Kaeser

Pros
  • Good work-life balance with flexi time (in 77 reviews)

• Stable and relaxed work environment (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tried to prompt younger guys for better control (in 21 reviews)

• Hard to manage a good work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Orlando, FL

Pros

Siemens is a huge company and therefore provides almost unlimited opportunities for career development and for promotion / advancement.

Cons

While there are huge opportunities for advancement due to the sheer size of the company, obtaining some of the opportunities requires a LOT of effort and willingness to put in huge amounts of hours to get noticed by someone at or above a certain level. While the top and top- middle management, and especially HR, certainly espouse the merit based pay system, continuous feedback, performance process, and high performance culture, the reality is that the day to day line managers aren't getting the message, and often recognize seniority and experience over performance, talent, and potential.

Advice to Management

None

2. Great

Pros

Great company to work for. Health benefits, treatment, working environment. All of them are great! Also, great with managers and other employees

Cons

None that I can think of. But sometimes the work does get hectic but that is with any job. Other than that its a great company

Siemens Medical

Former Employee - Account Executive in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Malvern, PA

Pros

Benefits were good and compensation was fair. Training opportunities were ample and furthering education was looked upon favorably.

Cons

It definitly felt like you were working for a large company. A good deal of decisions were made by hq which was overseas and not a lot of thought was put into how it would trickle down in the states.

Advice to Management

Spend time in the field to get a sense of how decisions made would affect the sales force.

5. Exceptional place to start or continue your career. Diverse businesses and interesting challenges.

Current Employee - Manager in Iselin, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Iselin, NJ

Pros

Siemens is a global organization, with the appropriate challenges and opportunities. If you are adept and building and sustaining relationships, and like working with colleagues globally, you will probably love working here.

Cons

Being a global organization with over 400,000 employees means that communication can be challenging at times. It's hard, but not impossible, to stand out when surrounded by so much talent.

Advice to Management

Continue creating and sustaining opportunities for cross cluster communication and best practice sharing. Remain dedicated to hiring and keeping the best talent.

6. Servic Team Leader

Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Service Team Leader in Fresno, CA

Pros

Great place to work for someone who is highly motivated and willing to play "the game". The job is wonderful if you can work under pressure and lear to trump up your accomplishments. The benefits packages are great and so is compensation. You really have to learn your craft and their is very little winging it. But once you get your foot in the door, they are wonderful as far as training and helping you when they can.

Cons

The executives at the company want so much to portray the "corporate lifestyle." They love the business power lunches, the speakerphone meetings, and the big fancy banquet meetings. You need to learn who to trust and when to trust them. They all talk in the cliche business speak. So learn your lingo.

Advice to Management

They need to understand that a company does not go in the direction the captain points to. It goes in the direction the workers steer the boat.

7. Nice company - treats employees well

Former Employee - Software Architect V in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Software Architect V in Piscataway, NJ

Pros

Good pay great collagues pleasant work atmosphese

Cons

cafeteria sucks sales are stagnant, so there are not many growth opportunities layoffs are frequest since the 2008. Before the crisis there were no lay-offs long tim a lot of politics. If you are not "in" the politics, you are automatically out.

Advice to Management

not so much politics

Great place but on a downwards trend

Former Employee - Product Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

Pros

- great people - innovation driven (in the past) - good colaborations with customers

Cons

- management changes in 2009 and 2010 were disruptive - new executive team takes way too long to make decisions - way too many German Executives, hire from within!

Advice to Management

- don't kill what we all built up over the last 10 years

This is how it's supposed to be

Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL

Pros

I guess that the deciding factor that makes Siemens a great place to work probably depends largely on the person running the branch. I used to read these reviews, and would come across one like I am about to write and say to myself, "I hate that guy". But since I have been here ( seven months) I actually look foreward to coming to work again. Here at my branch we have Complete professional freedom when it comes to scheduling your work, and how you perform your work. I mean, who knows about the tasks to be done, and how to coordinate them with the customer better than the person that does it every day? I came from SimplexGrinnell, and after ten years of seing how they did things, I can assure you that running a branch office how this one is being ran is the reason that our customer ratings here are WORLD CLASS. Period. We have a very talented team, and our growth rate here is unbelievable. But here's the catch; you have to be the kind of person that can get things done, and not the type who is not motivated and just lets stuff fall through the cracks.

Cons

Very little feedback from management about job performance (good or bad).

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Keep letting us do what we do without micro-managing us. You get ALOT more productivity out of us this way because we stay happier. And when we are happier, we do a ton more than what is required of us. Common sense, huh? My last employer just could'nt grasp that concept, though. And it rotted the office from the inside out.

Great Company / Great People / Great Products / Mediocre Management

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Siemens full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Siemens MI is probably the best team in the entire industry that pioneered technologies in the past but also continues to push the envelope in the future - Long term partnerships to key opinion leaders - great benefits and good work / life balance

Cons

- current management team lacks vision and leadership experience and is destroying what was build up over the last 10 years - lack of decision making and micro management delays projects and drives the best people out the door - lost a lot of the customer focus we had back 5 years ago when we were celebrating some of our biggest achievements and successes

Advice to Management

Pack your stuff up and move back to Germany!

11. Helpful

Former Intern - Testing in Malvern, PA
    Former Intern - Testing in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment Opportunities to grow

Cons

Too many meetings Too many approvals needed

Advice to Management

Going in the right direction

Showing 231 of 1,373 reviews