Siemens USA

Updated November 20, 2014
3.4

Siemens USA President and CEO Siemens Corporation Eric A. Spiegel
Eric A. Spiegel

Pros
  • They offer flexibility and a good work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Career opportunities, highly regarded company, smart individuals (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • It is a very large company - with that come the normal 'cons' of any large organization (in 3 reviews)

• Some businesses are driven out of Germany which makes some decision hard to understand (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens USA as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

A lot of interesting projects to work on, across functions therefore you get to work with a lot of interesting, intelligent, talented people.

Cons

At Corp H.Q level, Managers are a little out of touch, but I found ways to go around that by consulting with peers, and higher officers, across functions, and across various Divisional groups. I think the managers are just there to hand down new policies and directives, etc. But they are not "real leaders, or resources" You have to find your own way around by networking with the business units, the people on the front lines.

Address some of the issues your staff are having. Find out what they are. Your staff may even have some proposed solutions that you could pass onto your superiors, which would be a "feather" in YOUR cap. Listen to what your staff members have to say. Give them a voice and go to bat for them.

Good company, but highly dependent on supervisor

I have been working at Siemens USA

Pros

Standardized processes and good development opportunities if you are mobile and willing to move around. Good compensation for the industry.

Cons

Limited entrepreneurship and development highly dependent on your supervisor and overall state of business. Some businesses are driven out of Germany which makes some decision hard to understand.

Siemens Healthcare USA cheating employees out of $

I worked at Siemens USA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Have some good loyal employees

Cons

Inconsistent ways employees are being treated. Field Engineers recently joined the IBEW union. Just google IBEW and Siemens.

You need to look hard at the Senior Management running your Healthcare Service organization in the USA. There is a lack of Integrity and Morals and some folks are being managed by fear and intimidation and the language being used is very unprofessional.

Great company overall

I have been working at Siemens USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Being a large company you can have more protection against ecomony trouble. Like any large company you have a lot of hoops to jump through and politics but overall a good place to be

Cons

Annual raises aren't merit based - they say they are. but most people get the same.

Stable work environment, good career opportunities, but work overload and heavy process

I have been working at Siemens USA

Pros

As a world wide company, they seem to experience less in terms of layoffs, it's a stable company. There are good career opportunities if you are relocatable. Average benefits and good training is available.

Cons

Seems as if the workload keeps increasing, that management expects to do more with less, which leads to a lot of strife, stress, and missed deadlines. Definitely a process heavy company, as befitting a German company, which can slow development and progress down. Salaries are below industry standards.

Realistic goals are needed, too many are set and all become behind schedule. Salaries should be in line with our European counterparts.

Overall, Siemens is a great company to work for. Plenty of opportunities to move up and/or around within the company.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Novato, CA

I have been working at Siemens USA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling for salaried employees still attending graduate programs. Excellent health benefits. Excellent employee discount benefits. On-demand training is always available for employees.

Cons

Like any other job within Finance, month-end close is a rigorous process and often time extremely time consuming and demands more of your schedule.

Development of a clear long-term strategy, and communication of this strategy from top down should have more emphasis. Each business unit varies of course, but there are still business units with unclear strategies/goals.

Great Company

I have been working at Siemens USA as an intern

Pros

The employees at Siemens are great and create a healthy work environment

Cons

Large company the has a do more with less mentality, since the financial crisis

Great work environment locally, and globally the company has a solid direction.

Current Employee - R&D Engineer II in Johnson City, TN
    Current Employee - R&D Engineer II in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Siemens USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a surprisingly laid back workplace. The company pays well, and treats employees with respect and wants to help their employees in all aspects of their lives.

Cons

The office environment is very old school. Nothing wrong with that I suppose, but it certainly is like a Google office or something.

Keep doing what you're doing.

I know this is the company I want to work for until I retire

Current Employee - Senior Sales Coordinator in Norcross, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Coordinator in Norcross, GA

I have been working at Siemens USA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible Managers, great product, fast paced, lots of upward mobility!

Cons

Its not what you know but who you know and sometimes you can get caught in a rut unless you make an effort to network. Getting noticed is not easy sometimes in this line of work.

Keeps working on our career paths!

past experience

Former Employee - Electrical Assembler in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Electrical Assembler in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Siemens USA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It had a good working environment and It felt like there was room for growth in any field, enjoyed gong to work every day.

Cons

lower level manager would not let me move to a different department where I could better utilize my skill and or education