Siena Heights University
www.sienahts.edu Adrian, MI 150 to 499 Employees

Siena Heights University Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

SHU is an excellent place to work!

I have been working at Siena Heights University full-time for less than a year

ProsThe staff, faculty, students, and benefits are all excellent at SHU. The university offers good vacation and personal time, flexible management when needed.

ConsThe University does offer a lower than average pay than other institutions. Everything else truly is a positive at this university, though.

It might be right for you?

I have been working at Siena Heights University

ProsPlenty of vacation time and paid holidays. Free undergrad tuition for full time employees. Flexible schedules available. The campus is friendly. It's easy to get a job, especially if you know someone.

ConsTraining for new staff is inconsistent. Managers lack experience and oversight and this results in inefficiency and poor communication. It seems like they have low hiring standards, possibly to accommodate for the low pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire quality management. Improve department communication. Health benefits could be more affordable.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Siena Heights University

ProsGreat people, great environment, a lot of laughs

ConsCommunication sometimes at a minimum

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Strengths and Weaknesses

I have been working at Siena Heights University

ProsIf you are into work-life balance, there aren't many better placed to work. Paid time off is generous and most management is flexible. Tuition remission is at 100% if you take undergraduate course at Siena.

ConsSometimes the management clearly has no strategy for where it is going. Lots of people don't communicate with each other as much as they need to and lots of manual processes get repeated over and over without question. On the job training is mostly poor. No performance pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a lot bolder in your choices and take them time to invest in your existing infrastructure more. Implement a merit pay policy.

Worked for Siena Heights University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siena Heights University reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Siena Heights University employees.