Sierra Lobo Reviews

3.9

George A.Satornino

Great.

I have been working at Sierra Lobo

Pros

Flexible hours, friendly environment, great pay, great opportunities, great benefits.

Cons

Takes a while to get work initially.

Feeling fortunate to have this rewarding job with this company and local management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at Sierra Lobo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is very good, promotions are possible, working conditions are fine, hours are flexible within a 2-week period. This is the first contractor that has given me site senority (on government facility) in consideration for vacation leave. Who even does that anymore? Full benefits (and pay) are probably the best in the industry. Very considerate for a federal contractor to focus on the employee. First time I've actually loved the local HR department. Even corporate HR in Ohio is available, knoweable and responsive.This female-friendly company is rare in the engineering world, but very much appreciated. Good corporate leader, good local management. Corporate got it right before they expanded, and it shows. A private company that still realizes that their most valuable asset is their employees. I am proud of the work we do here. Plus, I feel valued here.

Cons

Hours are over the normal working week, and not all compensated. Government budget keeps the work force too low for the scope of the work and the time schedules, so there is a lot of job related stress, and stressed co-workers...especially those who work for other contractors.

CEO has developed a world-class engineering and technical service company that keeps the talent. Going from privately-held to public will change the focus away to bottom line profit as it has all of those Reston, VA "beltway bandits." Don't give up what you have created and built up for a chairman seat. Pursue more government (international also) contracting business by finding the best govt contract directors & Procurement types.

I worked at Sierra Lobo for 6 months as a full time employee

Former Employee - Electrical Engineer  in  Milan, OH
    Former Employee - Electrical Engineer in Milan, OH

I worked at Sierra Lobo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company culture, flexible hours, nice compensation.

Cons

The company is very focused on outside certifications and ranks. This has lead this small company to have an overwhelming and unnecessary amount of paperwork and complicated procedures that are not taken seriously. There are two sides to their engineering department: Commercial and R&D. I had no experience working with the commercial side, but the leadership in the R&D department was unknowledgeable, unorganized, resistive to change, and displayed poor communication and poor judgment. I was often given unrealistic project expectations and both unrealistic and incomplete scheduling information. The feedback on my performance was virtually nonexistent and where it did exist was misleading and unhelpful.

Hold your R&D department to the same (if not more stringent) standards (both technical and interpersonal) as the commercial department.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Layoffs happen

Former Employee - Technician  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Former Employee - Technician in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I worked at Sierra Lobo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

great pay, great benefits, great job. I have been at Kennedy Space Center for 25 years and 5 years with Sierra Lobo.

Cons

Layoffs happen, when you are in a union seniority takes preference over knowledge and experience so by those standards Layoffs happen

Get more contracts

Great Company that Cares

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Sierra Lobo as a contractor

Pros

Pay, benefits, and coworkers. Local contract leadership cares about the employees.

Cons

No cons that I'd like to discuss. Sure there are some, but I was satisfied.

Keep doing what you are doing.

While it was not a bad work environment, it just wasn't great.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sandusky, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandusky, OH

I worked at Sierra Lobo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people and some flexibility in hours.

Cons

Environmental problem in the building.

After six months, I am satisfied to be working for Sierra Lobo; however I do not see opportunities for promotion.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer VI  in  Kennedy Space Center, FL
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer VI in Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at Sierra Lobo

Pros

Small, flexible Company
    Opportunities in many different aerospace and military endeavors

Cons

Kind of Light on Benefits
    Detached from main office and company directions

No advice to give after 6 months with SLI. Geberally satisfied.

Worked for Sierra Lobo? Contribute to the Community!