Sierra Lobo

www.sierralobo.com

Sierra Lobo Reviews

Updated Apr 22, 2014
Sierra Lobo – Fremont – “Corporate Headquarters”

George A.Satornino

Feeling fortunate to have this rewarding job with this company and local management.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsPay is very good, promotions are possible, working conditions are fine, hours are flexible within a 2-week period. This is the first contractor that has given me site senority (on government facility) in consideration for vacation leave. Who even does that anymore? Full benefits (and pay) are probably the best in the industry. Very considerate for a federal contractor to focus on the employee. First time I've actually loved the local HR department. Even corporate HR in Ohio is available, knoweable and responsive.This female-friendly company is rare in the engineering world, but very much appreciated. Good corporate leader, good local management. Corporate got it right before they expanded, and it shows. A private company that still realizes that their most valuable asset is their employees. I am proud of the work we do here. Plus, I feel valued here.

ConsHours are over the normal working week, and not all compensated. Government budget keeps the work force too low for the scope of the work and the time schedules, so there is a lot of job related stress, and stressed co-workers...especially those who work for other contractors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO has developed a world-class engineering and technical service company that keeps the talent. Going from privately-held to public will change the focus away to bottom line profit as it has all of those Reston, VA "beltway bandits." Don't give up what you have created and built up for a chairman seat. Pursue more government (international also) contracting business by finding the best govt contract directors & Procurement types.

I worked at Sierra Lobo for 6 months as a full time employee

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) Milan, OH

ProsGood company culture, flexible hours, nice compensation.

ConsThe company is very focused on outside certifications and ranks. This has lead this small company to have an overwhelming and unnecessary amount of paperwork and complicated procedures that are not taken seriously. There are two sides to their engineering department: Commercial and R&D. I had no experience working with the commercial side, but the leadership in the R&D department was unknowledgeable, unorganized, resistive to change, and displayed poor communication and poor judgment. I was often given unrealistic project expectations and both unrealistic and incomplete scheduling information. The feedback on my performance was virtually nonexistent and where it did exist was misleading and unhelpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your R&D department to the same (if not more stringent) standards (both technical and interpersonal) as the commercial department.

Layoffs happen

Technician (Former Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

Prosgreat pay, great benefits, great job. I have been at Kennedy Space Center for 25 years and 5 years with Sierra Lobo.

ConsLayoffs happen, when you are in a union seniority takes preference over knowledge and experience so by those standards Layoffs happen

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more contracts

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company that Cares

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsPay, benefits, and coworkers. Local contract leadership cares about the employees.

ConsNo cons that I'd like to discuss. Sure there are some, but I was satisfied.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

While it was not a bad work environment, it just wasn't great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sandusky, OH

ProsNice people and some flexibility in hours.

ConsEnvironmental problem in the building.

After six months, I am satisfied to be working for Sierra Lobo; however I do not see opportunities for promotion.

Mechanical Engineer VI (Current Employee) Kennedy Space Center, FL

ProsSmall, flexible Company
    Opportunities in many different aerospace and military endeavors

ConsKind of Light on Benefits
    Detached from main office and company directions

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to give after 6 months with SLI. Geberally satisfied.

Worked for Sierra Lobo? Contribute to the Community!