Sierra Nevada Corporation

Updated January 12, 2015
3.5

Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Pros
  • Great pay, great benefits, the people are very friendly and I would reccomend to a friend (in 17 reviews)

• Outstanding benefits: 401k match of 150%, very little out of pocket Medical Premium (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • I would have to agree with the other reviewers about the growing pains (in 15 reviews)

• Rapid growth has led to challenge of balancing agility with adequate processes and training (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Transparent Leadership/ Employee relationship, cool projects to work on

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best company I have ever worked for. Large enough to have resources, tools and structures but not too big to be bureaucratic. Dream Chaser is the coolest project in the world to work on.

Cons

I have not found anything bad for the time being

Perhaps should look into rasping up PR or getting sponsors instead of a sole customer in order to fund for the project

Big Company with Small company problems

Former Employee - Program Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to make decisions as a manager and move the company forward

Cons

Small company mindset on many of their internal operations - poor tool sets cost them millions in missing information. for a company that did $2.7B in revenue, they operate with the same management tool set they had when they were doing $500M

break down the barriers between business units and provide more incentive for cross functional groups to work as a unit.

Good opportunity for a learning experience in a company with a lot of future growth potential.

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Bonuses a few times a year. Good health insurance and 401K.

Cons

Growing pains with the company now being a large Defense contractor. Still a lot of small company policies and procedures that don't work any more that need to change (Expected, but still painful at times to employees).

It feels like the company is headed in the right direction, but can't lose focus on employee morale.

Great company and work environment

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is great support and resources to achieve required work

Cons

I have not found any...

it was good where I was and the direct management was doing its best.

Former Employee - Structures in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Structures in Denver, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

finding contracts that wasent out of reach

Cons

needing professional recruiters that can pick quality mechanics.

use the areas in the hanger for the best working space and don't poison the rest with composit dust.

Paid to write this review...again. Thanks for the Visa card!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SNC has money so they will pay for anything to look good
    401K

Cons

Work Environment
    Arrogant, self-righteous, conservative, know nothing, wannabee nobility management.
    The difference between Google and SNC is Google wants change and "say it like it is" mentallity is meant, SNC "buys you". SNC (outside of Engineering) works you to the ground only to post-pone or never accomplishing their objectives. You really get the feeling of knowing how a hamster in a wheel feels.

I am very impressed with the caliber of the engineering, technical writing, production, and management personnel.

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work culture at SNC is one of professionalism, rapid response, quality, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. There is terrific variety. I worked three different programs during my first year. While that presents challenges, it also provides great breadth of experience in a short time. The company provides great training and career development opportunities. This is the best I have ever been treated by top management.

Cons

The exponential growth of the company presents real challenges. If you want to work one program for the long term this probably isn’t the place for you. The communication between programs is problematic so there is a tendency to reinvent the wheel instead of using engineering that has already been done in another program. This is driven by the massive amount of work to be done and short suspenses.

No complaints. The single most important action by management at SNC is identifying those key individuals with the ability and expertise to communicate and lead within their groups and across programs. Exacerbated by exponential growth.

SNC is the best employer I have ever had. Owners and employees step up to helping those in need over and over

Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative-SNC Management and staff work long hard hours to exceed customer expectations.
    Customer Focused- We use the lastest available technology to provide our customers agile, responsive, capabilities
    Employee Focused-The best benefits package on the market. 401k match industry best

Cons

We are growing so fast sometimes we appear to outgrow our infrastructure support

Continue with our core values

SNC is a challenging and enjoyable company to work for.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SNC has a great culture, cool projects to work on and great people to work with. I am really happy that I decided to start my career here at SNC. I feel challenged every day which makes time just fly by.

Cons

SNC is a tough, quick paced environment. Not suitable for all types of people.

Make a point of advertising ways that employees can make comments to improve efficiency.

Fast moving, challenging work, great work environment for engineers

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people and the work is great here at SNC Centennial. This job encourages creativity and self motivation. I've been here for a only month and I've enjoyed every day so far. The company is growing quickly with people from all over the aircraft industry bringing a wide variety of experiences to the table. The office is biker friendly with lockerroom, showers, and bike racks inside.

Cons

Tight deadlines means some weekend work.

Sierra Nevada Corporation Photos