Sierra Nevada Corporation

Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews in Denver, CO

3.8

Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Pros
  • I feel fortunate to have a great benefits package in the midst of a recession (in 13 reviews)

• The pay and benefits have been Amazing (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I would have to agree with the other reviewers about the growing pains (in 15 reviews)

• The only thing I can think of is that we are growing so fast, we all have a lot to do (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company and work environment

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

There is great support and resources to achieve required work

Cons

I have not found any...

Good opportunity for a learning experience in a company with a lot of future growth potential.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Decent Bonuses a few times a year. Good health insurance and 401K.

Cons

Growing pains with the company now being a large Defense contractor. Still a lot of small company policies and procedures that don't work any more that need to change (Expected, but still painful at times to employees).

It feels like the company is headed in the right direction, but can't lose focus on employee morale.

it was good where I was and the direct management was doing its best.

Former Employee - Structures  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Structures in Denver, CO

Pros

finding contracts that wasent out of reach

Cons

needing professional recruiters that can pick quality mechanics.

use the areas in the hanger for the best working space and don't poison the rest with composit dust.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Paid to write this review...again. Thanks for the Visa card!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

SNC has money so they will pay for anything to look good
    401K

Cons

Work Environment
    Arrogant, self-righteous, conservative, know nothing, wannabee nobility management.
    The difference between Google and SNC is Google wants change and "say it like it is" mentallity is meant, SNC "buys you". SNC (outside of Engineering) works you to the ground only to post-pone or never accomplishing their objectives. You really get the feeling of knowing how a hamster in a wheel feels.

SNC is the best employer I have ever had. Owners and employees step up to helping those in need over and over

Current Employee - Director of Business Development  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Director of Business Development in Denver, CO

Pros

Innovative-SNC Management and staff work long hard hours to exceed customer expectations.
    Customer Focused- We use the lastest available technology to provide our customers agile, responsive, capabilities
    Employee Focused-The best benefits package on the market. 401k match industry best

Cons

We are growing so fast sometimes we appear to outgrow our infrastructure support

Continue with our core values

SNC is a challenging and enjoyable company to work for.

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

SNC has a great culture, cool projects to work on and great people to work with. I am really happy that I decided to start my career here at SNC. I feel challenged every day which makes time just fly by.

Cons

SNC is a tough, quick paced environment. Not suitable for all types of people.

Make a point of advertising ways that employees can make comments to improve efficiency.

I am very impressed with the caliber of the engineering, technical writing, production, and management personnel.

Current Employee - Technical Writer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Writer in Denver, CO

Pros

The work culture at SNC is one of professionalism, rapid response, quality, and exceeding the customer’s expectations. There is terrific variety. I worked three different programs during my first year. While that presents challenges, it also provides great breadth of experience in a short time. The company provides great training and career development opportunities. This is the best I have ever been treated by top management.

Cons

The exponential growth of the company presents real challenges. If you want to work one program for the long term this probably isn’t the place for you. The communication between programs is problematic so there is a tendency to reinvent the wheel instead of using engineering that has already been done in another program. This is driven by the massive amount of work to be done and short suspenses.

No complaints. The single most important action by management at SNC is identifying those key individuals with the ability and expertise to communicate and lead within their groups and across programs. Exacerbated by exponential growth.

Fast moving, challenging work, great work environment for engineers

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Denver, CO

Pros

The people and the work is great here at SNC Centennial. This job encourages creativity and self motivation. I've been here for a only month and I've enjoyed every day so far. The company is growing quickly with people from all over the aircraft industry bringing a wide variety of experiences to the table. The office is biker friendly with lockerroom, showers, and bike racks inside.

Cons

Tight deadlines means some weekend work.

One Great Year So Far!

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Denver, CO

Pros

I work with a really great group of people who are all very dedicated to the task at hand and are also extremely realistic, fair, and caring. I've been here for one year and the training process has gone very smoothly. My supervisor has vocalized that he puts thought into my career path and future with the company. The pay is fair for my experience level and the benefits are extremely competitive. I feel appreciated by the owners and that my opinion matters at all levels. I hope to be here for quite some time.

Cons

Of course, I can only speak to my own personal experience. I can't really vouch for other departments/sites.

What its like to work for a Company that cares about and shares family values

Current Employee - Structural Technician Senior  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Structural Technician Senior in Denver, CO

Pros

SNC has grown much in the 5 years that I have worked for them but still retains a committed atmosphere to family. It also has an upper management team committed to bringing quality into every endeavor. Creativity is encouraged at every level and we all work together to bring out our best performance. People here are self-motivators energetic and positive. I absolutely love my job and look forward to contributing to this company’s successes every day.

Cons

None that come to mind.

Accept my sincere appreciation and thanks, for showing that you care about your employees. Thank you for providing a living for my family and all of the things that you do for us that you do not have to, but do anyway. Your generosity, concern for our welfare and health is something that is rare today and sets our organization apart in my opinion.

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!