Sierra Nevada Corporation

Sierra Nevada Corporation Reviews in Englewood, CO

3.6

Sierra Nevada Corporation Chief Executive Officer Fatih Ozmen
Fatih Ozmen

Pros
  • Great pay, great benefits, the people are very friendly and I would reccomend to a friend (in 15 reviews)

• Still has a small company feel, even though the company is growing incredibly quickly (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I would have to agree with the other reviewers about the growing pains (in 15 reviews)

• The only thing I can think of is that we are growing so fast, we all have a lot to do (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fantastic company!

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Administrative in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, if you apply your experience and knowledge, you WILL be recognized as an outstanding employee. Challenged every day with something new. Never a boring day....ever

Cons

SNC is a fast paced enviroment. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. If you are not agile and able to move, think and act fast, snc may not be the place for you

Keep up the fantastic employee recognition, it pays off in the end for snc and its never ending growth.

An incredible, fast-paced, challenging, and rewarding work environment

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Sierra Nevada Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I am very privileged to work at a company like SNC. The culture and environment allow me to work with some of the most dedicated professionals in the industry while encouraging technical, results-driven creativity. While the fast-paced environment motivates hard work, I know I directly contribute to project outcomes and product deliveries; a very rewarding feeling. The people, benefits, and overall experience excite me and challenge me every day. SNC is second to none.

Cons

When compared to many other companies, SNC has very few company-wide or job-specific cons. Despite some periods of extended hard work, the benefits, rewards, and overall Customer satisfaction make it worth it.

Currently none at this time.

A place where you won't say "I hate Mondays"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Pros

The work is diverse, challenging, and there's always something new and exciting over the horizon. Cohesiveness and team spirit run strong through the entire company, from the CEO right down to the crew on the front lines. If you want a career that will allow you to stretch and grow, one that will make you eager to come to work each morning and go home satisfied at the end of the day, and one that is rewarding in every aspect, a position at Sierra Nevada Corporation is for you.

Cons

Nota really a con, but the rapid growth of the company and the continuing acquisition of new contracts means that we keep our noses to the grindstone every day. If you're looking for a place to relax and coast, look elsewhere.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This company has outrun its headlights.

Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer II  in  Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Aerospace Engineer II in Englewood, CO

I worked at Sierra Nevada Corporation

Pros

125% 401(k) matching, Good hands-on experience. Fast pace. Important missions and products. Unique "bullpen" environment for engineers.

Cons

Zero communication from corporate, HR and other support staff. Little feedback on performance. Zero job-relevant training or career development offered. Everyone from middle management on up seems to be detached from day-to-day operations. "Warnings" to employees are not communicated, so anyone could have any number of warnings and not be aware. Arbitration agreement in employee handbook denies employees access to court system for resolution of disputes. Employees are expected to work well over 40 hours per week with no additional compensation, and at any cost to personal lives. Loyalty and personal sacrifice are not rewarded. The company has failed to provide sufficient infrastructure to support its rapid growth. The company seems to like to flex its "at-will" muscle to control employees through fear rather than encouraging loyalty.

Communication needs to be the number 1 priority. When every decree coming down from the top is a knee-jerk reaction, morale is significantly impacted. Employees should have a chance to see their documented warnings so that they can improve. Make a better effort to encourage work/life balance. Address the apparent total lack of planning regarding growth, employee accommodations and employee allocation. Provide training when it's requested. Invest in your current knowledgeable employees rather than starting from scratch with replacements.

Sierra Nevada Corporation Photos

Worked for Sierra Nevada Corporation? Contribute to the Community!