Sierra Pacific Industries

Be The First To
Add Photos

Red Emmerson

Management cares

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUpper Mngt cares about employees and tries to get lower mngt to as well.

Consnothing comes to mind that is worth mentioning

Bi polar

Research (Current Employee) Redding, CA

ProsOn the good days it was great. Coworkers would treat me nice. Working outside was amazing.

ConsBoss was a nut. She would send an email out riddled with typos and harras you for not capitalizing the d in December. Cowers were horrible one day tollerable the next. If one expressed an idea of any sort one would be told that they are "changing everything" and that they need to know their place.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in the work that is going on. The word team needs to be taken more seriously.

Awesome to work for

Log Truck Driver (Current Employee) Lincoln, CA

ProsThe company finds work for you if they can even if the season is over. Excellent team. They contribute greatly to the community too

ConsLong hours but worth it

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, excellent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard place to work, but decent pay

Glass Cutter (Former Employee) Red Bluff, CA

ProsGreat location, if you love small towns. Close to National Parks, not too far from the coast (3 hrs or so) and close to skiing. Decent pay for what you're doing, management is fair and easy to approach.

ConsTough work, hot in the summer, cold in the winter. Hard to get a day off. People you work with are crude. About 60% mexican nationals work there, can be a downside if you're not mexican or enjoy being talked about it spanish. Don't be late either, a bell goes off when your shift starts and you'd better be there or you'll get written up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible with time off

Great while it lasted.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPlenty of work when the demand is high, there is demand out there however the competition is intense. The atmosphere can be upbeat at times, generally during the holidays.

ConsLack of work during economic downturn. This happens frequently in the wood products industry, yearly I would say. We see this every year, perhaps if we became pro active when tough times come around.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep people informed and do not sugar coat the bad news

Worked for Sierra Pacific Industries? Contribute to the Community!