Sig Sauer Reviews

Updated October 6, 2014
Updated October 6, 2014
2.1

Ron J. Cohen

Nice gig while it lasted

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newington, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I had a temporary office job at SIG's headquarters in Newington NH. I was impressed by the company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility and nice office accommodations, but what really mattered to me was how friendly and helpful the people I worked with were.

Cons

It took me a long time to get up to speed because I initially received minimal training and guidance from my manager. I was left to figure things out on my own and rely on others in my work group to help me make the right connections. Also, my manager never gave me any performance feedback. While I was there, upper management was reorganized a few times in an effort to better align the company's divisions with shifting market segments. Unfortunately, the company didn't recover from a sales slump and I lost my job in a mass layoff.

Make sure new hires receive adequate training and clear guidance. Set clear expectations and provide feedback. Make more realistic sales projections and staff accordingly.

A great ideal, a poor reality

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Exeter, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Great compensation and benefits
    - Mgmt good at recognizing the company as a whole
    - Discounts on firearms, training

Cons

- departments don't like to interact with one another
    - too many policies and red tape to get anything accomplished
    - employees with power care more about their positions than helping the company, making it difficult to achieve individual and company success
    - the ship has a good captain but let's his crew of inexperienced, detached crew steer the ship

Your brand is destroyed and your customers resent the company. You had a great thing going but you let the inmates run the asylum. You don't recognize the people who care vs. the people who work for themselves, and it shows. Consequently, morale is broken and you've taken a well oiled machine and said 'no more oil'.
    It's sad what you've done and hope the good people are able to regain their footing.

More layoffs

Former Employee - Anonymous in Newington, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Newington, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They had great benefits. Nice coworkers.

Cons

There have been two layoffs of 120 people each this year so far. Employees are expendable.

no clue hard work to get laid off

Current Employee - Machining in Portsmouth, NH
    Current Employee - Machining in Portsmouth, NH

I have been working at Sig Sauer full-time

Pros

discounted guns and the co workers benefits.

Cons

money the hours and you work hard to just get laid off. the raises if you bust your rear to advance and learn more you may get 48 cents for a raise.

get your act together and work as one not change department heads every few months then have someone else change the policy and so on treat employees with respect.

Blind desk drivers leading hard working average joes

I worked at Sig Sauer

Pros

The common grunt next to you who sees the office 6 figure salaries destroying this place

Cons

A company that employs about 1000 people destroying the name and area workforce

Slow down, a line of customers at your door demanding your product is better than no line at your door at all!

Frustrating

Former Employee - CNC Operator in Newington, NH
    Former Employee - CNC Operator in Newington, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discount on guns and free courses at the academy are a plus and decent benefits are the best things I can say about SigSauer.

Cons

Constantly increasing work demands to keep up with the back orders for the companies product have led to them speeding up the milling centers beyond the tooling and machines abilities leading to constant broken tooling and the demand to run several machines . Poor quality and attitudes being the result . Constantly changing bad management.

Bring quality and pride back to the shop floor and give the operators time to inspect the parts which is impossible when running up to three machines at once. In one location the supervisor told us to fake our numbers and not put down what we really had gotten . Also complete lack of inspection days on end by certain operators was allowed. Better is managment needed!

Worst place to work in the firearms industry. The only reason you got one star is because zero stars is not an option.

Former Employee - Assembly Repair in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Assembly Repair in Exeter, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The free coffee was nice.

Cons

Very poor communication between departments. There is no focus on training new hires mostly because the middle management has no experience or knowledge to teach. Sig Sauer management lacks basic knowledge on how firearms work. There is no feeling of unity there. It is everyone for themselves. You can work harder and better than the next guy and watch him get promoted because he is in "the boys club". Don't waste your time working there. The one good thing that came out of working there is that it helped me get a job at a much more respected manufacturer at double the pay. Thanks for that I guess.

Quit. Leave the company before your poor decisions completely destroy what was once an extremely well respected brand by serious people in the shooting community.

Place is a revolving door.

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company not afraid to spends money on latest equipment for manufacturing and overall facility.

Cons

No clear direction from management. No communication between departments. Everyone for themselves. People afraid of getting laid off. Constant finger pointing (the blame game) Place is a revolving door.

High turnover, unsanitary workplace, adversarial coworkers, low morale, and low pay.

Former Employee - Accountant in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Exeter, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free coffee and hot chocolate.

Cons

Mice/insect infestation at both locations
    Unsanitary bathrooms
    Undervalue education
    Management is extremely top heavy
    False titles given to improve morale
    Push employees to breaking point

Focus on training and developing a highly skilled workforce that suite the needs of the company.

Consider ESOP to keep employees connected to the company’s success.

Lastly, utilize cheap technology to improve work efficiency.

I had a great experience working for Sig

Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Exeter, NH
    Former Employee - Human Resources Administrator in Exeter, NH

I worked at Sig Sauer

Pros

Friendly work environment. Management makes an effort to recognize employee achievements.

Cons

My previous employment was at a corporate headquarter for an international company... It was hard to get used to working in a manufacturing environment that had an "office area" and a "manufacturing area".

Try to break down the figurative "walls" between the office employees and the manufacturing employees. Manufacturing employees feel that they are treated with less respect than the office personnel.