Sigma Group

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vladimir Chronis

Small company nice culture

ProsI really enjoy who I work with. There is many opportunities to learn new things. Great clients.

ConsEveryone wears many hats. The building is not the greatest. Looking forward to moving later in the year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure all departments are sharing and communicating with their employees .

would not recommend working for this agency..

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oradell, NJ

Pros- Friendly people
    - Flexible
    - Good commute for whoever lives in the area
    - Relaxed atmosphere

Cons- The majority of the people that work there are unhappy and unmotivated – mainly due to a toxic
    upper management. They work there for the convenience
    - They don't care how hard you work or how ambitious you are
    - There are so many levels of titles that it's ridiculous, and people are not promoted and given raises, as they should be.
    - Needs to venture into cutting edge technology and hire an experienced development team.
    -Constant re-orgs organized by the president who doesn’t know how to run a successful business
    - Will promote but with no pay raise
    - Management has obvious favorites and ignores everyone else
    - No room for advancement
    - Find a process and stick to it - also hire more experienced project managers

Advice to Senior Management- Find a real leader and make sure it’s someone who is capable of leading
    - Really look into the employees that you feel are “bringing something to the table” because the ones you think are, aren’t
    - Stop changing /structuring and fix the bottom line - -> upper management
    - Stop saying you’re only a digital driven agency because your not
    - Saying thank you and hello to ALL goes a very, very long way

depressing agency

Pros-great commute and location
    -talented peers
    -decent clients

Cons-president
    -upper management gossips rather than manages
    -not likely to grow in any position
    -those there for over 5 years are burnt out and miserable
    -no appreciation

Advice to Senior Management-take time to learn and understand what each employees' job function is
    -saying thank you to ALL involved goes a long way
    -stop saying your employees are weeds that can easily be plucked

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So much talent squandered by poor leadership.

ProsThe work/life balance is spectacular. They're very attentive to employee needs, and work hard to create a fun, engaging environment.

ConsMany employees abuse the work/life balance, which in turn makes it harder for their coworkers to get jobs done in a timely and professional manner. Leadership, though doing their best, needs to pick a company direction and run with it. Too much "jack-of-all" and not nearly enough mastery.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen. You have the talent, this incredible pool of people that absolutely love working for Sigma Group. Admit your limitations and trust the people around you to do what's best, and if they're doing poorly you can't be afraid to leverage consequences or hire replacements.

I've been with Sigma Group for past five years

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oradell, NJ

ProsPleasant people, short commute, plethora of opportunities to grow. Very bright, ergonomic offices with modern decor.

I've been at Sigma for past 5 years and can really call it a home. A lot of people have been here for 5 or more years and really care about growing the company and creating more opportunities.

Like in many companies it is what you make of it. The opportunities are there, but you have to be willing to work for them.

ConsShort deadlines for many projects sometimes leading to stressful situations.
    Needs to be more competitive with benefits and compensation.
    The opportunities are there, but you have to be willing to work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more carefully.

An agency in transition, Toxic environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Oradell, NJ

ProsSigma Group is in transition. They are working hard to become a true Digital Agency. They have on site parties, a stocked kitchen and for the most part, they are nice people to work with. If you live in North Jersey, the commute is great. Very talented people.

ConsAs mentioned in the title, this agency is in transition. The joke here is that seats are re-arranged every year and titles are ambiguous to keep you from leaving the Agency with a marketable title.
    The agency needs to realize they need to hire experts in Digital and fully commit to Digital both culturally and financially. Maintaining the cliques, the us vs them and very catty mentality between the Creative Directors and their teams divides the agency. To their credit, they try really hard to build a team based culture.

Cut rate benefits, below market salaries, no stability in process, infighting and ambiguous prioritization make this a place that can be very frustrating to seasoned digital pros.

Sadly,the people below middle management are very talented, very frustrated and constantly looking for other jobs with the huge benefit of a close commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementTruly embrace digital, transform the agency and utilize all of your talented people, not just your favorites. Prioritize and put real process in place. Pay people what they are worth, recognize risk takers and real innovators. Clients want fully integrated solutions, an integrated agency with a real vision is what Sigma Group needs to become.

Sigma Group has provided me with amazing opportunities to grow and evolve, without sacrificing my quality of life.

ProsShort Commute
    Summer Hours
    Flexibility
    Advanced Technology
    Gorgeous Office Space

ConsNot easily accessible by mass transit.

Solid

ProsLocation, integration, digital, great clients, nice people, good work, great culture
    A good company that has made an investment in digital, content and technology. Participates in national campaign work and pitches. High profile accounts lead to challenging but fun work. The people generally all respect each other and feel like they are part of the success here. They do a good job letting everyone know how things are going and where the company is headed.

ConsVolume of work, smaller than big, tight deadlines
    They move at a fast pace and ask you to wear a lot of different hats. Some of the work is not as creative as the rest. Some people have more authority than they should.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going.

Worked for Sigma Group? Contribute to the Community!