Sigma Systems (Massachusetts)

www.sigmainc.com

Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) Reviews

4.5

Mohan Nannapaneni

Flexible, understanding, and comfortable atmosphere, but with expectations of excellence

I worked at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sigma is a pretty casual place to work. Within reason, of course, no one is hassling you about what time you came in, what you wear, or how many hours you worked. Those aren't the metrics they care about. What they do care about is your success rate at whatever you do. They, reasonably, expect excellence. The president and VP are approachable and understanding employers, but also good people. Both are involved in a substantial amount of charity work. The workforce becomes second family. The owners oftentimes brought in home-made food, which was outstanding. There was a pool table that everyone hung out at lunch, with tournaments on the fly. The office is in a quiet area nestled in a shopping plaza, which is handy. There was a Planet Fitness within walking distance, which was nice.

Cons

It's a fairly small business, so pay was a little on the low side, which, coupled with moving out of the area, is why I moved on. That was due, at least in part, to the state of the economy at the time, though. I'm not sure if this is a merciful pro or a con, but, if you aren't working out, they don't play around and will send you packing. But, I think that's for the better of the business and is better than letting someone awkwardly twist in the wind for months before ultimately letting them go anyway. Other than that, work hard, play nice, keep your nose clean, and don't talk trash, and you should get by just fine.

A Great Place to Work & Grow

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional Staff who are a pleasure to work with.
    Comfortable office environment
    Organized and systematic processes and procedures
    Management is approachable
    Competitive Salary & Benefits
    Everybody chips in to help out
    Great location

Cons

things can get pretty busy and you sometimes wear a lot of hats

Continue allowing the balance of work/life and providing competitive benefits for employees. Keep the focus on growth and offering new services. Keep the focus on providing higher level services to stay ahead of the competitive curve.

Sigma Systems is an empowering company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Clear vision from management, team players, resources needed to perform job, and support from leaders. . They were understanding in my to move out of state due to famiy reasons. Was sad to leave such a great compay.

Cons

While I worked there we reorganized the office. While it was disruptive to work, it helped us organize our team to better support each other.

Keep sharing your vision and goals to move Sigma forward.

A wonderful place to work and a true team environment.

Current Employee - Sales, Manager in Marlboro, MA
    Current Employee - Sales, Manager in Marlboro, MA

I have been working at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Professional environment/office
    Management is friendly & approachable and comprised of highly capable, efficient,-out-of-the-box thinkers
    Interoffice Communication/company synergy is great/Management offers an open-door policy.
    Good work/life balance
    Fast-paced, dynamic environment-challenging
    Technical, approachable and efficient recruiters including Staff

Cons

Keeping up with the growth Sigma is currently experiencing.

Keep the open door policy. Continue to be flexible and follow the market trends.

Insightful and Very Intelligent!

I have been working at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time

Pros

Specialists in the art of job placement, Sigma Systems is a great resource for exploring new opportunities. Their staff is clear-eyed and sharply focused - highly recommended!

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Best place I've worked at

Current Employee - General Manager in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Been with the company for over 7 years, best company I've been at. Small family atmosphere with people who show a true interest in my growth.

Cons

Working as a recruiter is hard, but I can't complain

Continue the hard work.

Jobseekers, beware of them !

Former Employee - Confidential
    Former Employee - Confidential

I worked at Sigma Systems (Massachusetts) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Freedom to learn a lot, on your own though. There is no formal training as such.

Cons

No consideration for employee morale, motivation or growth. No vision or dynamism from the upper management. They still do not have a good grasp on how things work in the industry despite being in the industry for so long. The company has actually been shrinking when others in the sector have grown in same period. Their benefits also deteriorated drastically, one of the worst in the industry in terms of healthcare insurance contributions or 401k plan matching.

Start sharing the pie a little more, be more transparent and accept your own limitations and promote and pay better salaries to hard working employees to keep their motivation high rather then putting them down