SigmaTEK Systems

Not yet rated.

Ben TerreBlanche

Sigma

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat people to work with!

ConsA very fast paced environment

Strong company that is growing and thriving

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsSigmaTEK is a responsible employer who treats their employees fairly and consistently. With a high regard for education and experience, SigmaTEK's management understands what it takes to build a successful team for a technically challenging industry. SigmaTEK hires excellent people and is willing to invest in training them. Most positions are filled from within, so the company is great if you are interested in career advancement.
    SigmaTEK is also a very diverse workplace. There are people from many cultures, and anyone is made to feel welcome.

ConsThere have been some frustrating elements of office polititcs at SigmaTEK, but that is improving.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the management would be to continue their pursuit of making the strongest product in the market.

A miserable work experience that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsWorking at SigmaTEK has enabled me to appreciate my current job more than I could have ever imagined. Every company has its problems, but I will never again take a good job for granted because I know how bad it could be.

ConsSigmaTEK leadership does not appreciate the individual talents of their employees. People are only viewed as labor, but in a professional environment, employees expect to be valued for their knowledge and skills. Instead, employees at SigmaTEK are belittled if their ideas differ from leadership. If something goes well, it’s because the owner made a good decision. If something goes badly, it’s some employee’s fault.

SigmaTEK leadership also lacks integrity in their business practices. Intellectual property, employment, and other laws are viewed merely as obstacles to be worked around, not guidelines for conducting ethical business.

SigmaTEK has some great employees and has the potential to be a good company, but its leadership creates an unpleasant work environment, and the lack of willingness to trust employees to do their jobs and make their own decisions holds the company back from progressing technically and in business operations. I dreaded every day that I had to go to work at SigmaTEK, but because of the economy at the time, I felt like a hostage to my paycheck. I would not recommend working at SigmaTEK.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people with respect. Hire people to do a job, and let them do it. Conduct business honestly and fairly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is a foreign owned firm where nepotism runs rampant

International Manager (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsThe best thing I can say about this firm is that it looks really good until you get in. The actual facility is conducive and could facilitate a good and positive work environment.

ConsThe management treats its employes as possessions and not as valued assets. The entire management team is made up of South Africans, and there is no opportunity to truly advance and grow if you are not South African. The management does not listen to the employees and treats them as if they are there to serve. If you have any kind of variable compensation plan, you can count on one thing, you will never get what you are owed. They use all kinds of creative accounting tactics to avoid payments. They have no understanding of customer service or quality, and they continually look for ways to blame others for their short comings.

Someone has also grossly over-estimated their total revenues on this site, as this site reports a 50 million dollar company, however their gross sales are 12 million at best.

People are not possessions, and a poor economy should not be used as an excuse to abuse your staff and employees. In a poor economy there are fewer opportunities to find employment elsewhere. That should never be used as the basis to do what ever you want to do to your team.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the staff you have. There are some very skilled and intelligent people that work for you. Give your team the power and authority to do the job you have tasked them with. Lastly learn to operate with integrity, and respect others. You will never be successful running a company by just repeating the latest buzz words.

Good people, below par compensation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsSigmatek is a place where you get a lot of independence to do your work once you prove your competence. The company has a very open culture and people are generally respectful of each others ideas and opinions. Being a small company, you get to work on lot different areas and hence you have lot of learning opportunities.

ConsThe management does not believe in my paying the industry standard salaries to retain good talent. Also the company lags in some of the software design and engineering practices which affects the software quality significantly.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay industry standard salaries.

Great company to work for.

ProsGreat working environment
    Good People
    Fast moving and interesting industry
    Management trust employees to get the work done – no micro management

ConsLimited career options for senior staff

The work is very rewarding

ProsSigmaTEK is a medium size company where every individual counts and can make a difference. There products are matured and they are a leader in the industry. Management is willing to invest in the company and the people to make it a great working environment. The company is very customer focused.

ConsBecause Sigmatek is customer focused company it is some times difficult to plan ahead.

Worked for SigmaTEK Systems? Contribute to the Community!