Signal Point Systems Reviews

Dennis Parks

1. service

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Atlanta, GA

Pros

You work on your own in the field.

Cons

insurance is expensive, management is always looking at the o er time and does not understand how daily issues can effect this.

Advice to Management

Listen to the suggestions of employees

2. Drive all night and day tillyou die

Pros

It has okay benefits if you don't mind not having a life definitely don't work for these people if you have a family your children will not have a father and your wife will not have a husband

Cons

Don't work for these crazy people they had a crazy dude over me from Dothan Alabama and he would make me go out all during the night two places I didn't know to work on air-conditioners in the dark hundreds of miles away because everyone was crashing their vehicles sleeping at the wheel worked 80 hours per week and they will fuss if you can't go to one call on call 24-7 they don't care if you miss a relatives funerals these peeps are crazy as loons

Advice to Management

Hire more employees instead of working the ones you have to death

3. To many people want to be manager that do not know the job duty.

Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Tech in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Signal Point Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Flexible scheduling allowed me to attend children functions.

Cons

opportunities for advancement not there also to much political. NO real training.

5. Great experience, but too many politics

Former Employee - Regional Supervisor

I worked at Signal Point Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to work independently. Lots of great techs in the field. You will learn a ton about this industry (just not from company-provided training). Good benefits.

Cons

You are on call - always. Church, vacation, funeral - no matter, you will get called. Management doesn't trust anyone that is not within their direct line of sight. You will spend a good deal of your time digging up proof of where you have been, although there is concrete evidence already in their hands. Typically, their customers do not like upper mgt, which means a harder row for you to hoe. You will have a very minimal amount of training; you have to learn what you need to know by trial & error.

Advice to Management

Trust. Allow your people to do their jobs.

6. Stepping stone

I have been working at Signal Point Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will have a little freedom, no supervisor breathing down your neck

Cons

Not much room for advancement. To many chiefs, not enough indians.

Its decent but not great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

They have great health insurance rates and 401k. If you have a big family and you need to provide them with health insurance SPS is definitely a good place to be.

Cons

I personally didn’t care much about health insurance, and there wasn’t anything else at SPS to motivate me. They lowballed me big time when I started, and my salary increases didn’t even keep up with inflation. Corporate culture is not exactly what I would call healthy, due to the fact that they manage by intimidation. There are no carrots, only sticks. Unless you are related to one of the managers, then I assume there are carrots involved because a lot of manager’s family and friends work here.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to better motivate your employees. What works for married people with kids, and old people who need health care, doesn’t work for single guys in their 30s.

8. Good to work for but pay is an industry low.

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Kennesaw, GA
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Kennesaw, GA

Pros

Lots of hours. Good insurance

Cons

Low pay. no positive feedback only negative.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage and come up with performance based pay

Good Experience

I have been working at Signal Point Systems full-time

Pros

Employee minded company that shows heart when it comes to being able to lean on your employer during difficult times. Company is stable and growing. Room for growth within and company's drive to better an employee struggling is a positive alternative to just letting them go as do most companies.

Cons

Need to better the communication amongst all employees.

Advice to Management

Talk to employees, let them hear the good and the bad from the company and not competitors.

10. UNAPPRECIATED

Current Employee - HVAC Technician
    Current Employee - HVAC Technician

Pros

Pay was pretty good and a lot of overtime available. Nice company truck provided.

Cons

On call 24/7 without any relief, worked over 100 hours a week without a "thank you". For my hard work, I was laid off because of mistakes corporate made with Verizon and they blamed all employees in three states, as well as my regional supervisor, who was an excellent boss!

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for your mistakes instead of blaming employees in three states. You owe all of the guys in Kansas, Arkansas and Missouri an apology for leaving us without jobs. You did not even offer us a severence, extensions on our benefits or the chance to come back to work. Your worked us to death without any help and then our reward was to be let go. This was all your doing, TAKE RESPONSIBILITY!!

11. Great experience, but certainly not a career move

Former Employee - Regional Supervisor

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. Great opportunity to learn a new industry. Very good benefits and retirement package. Lots of great people working for the company.

Cons

Senior Mgt doesn't trust anybody that is not located at HQ. Necessary information required to do your job is very hard to get. There is no positive feedback during reviews, and extremely limited opportunities to advance. You will be required to work 24/7/365 with no opportunity for add'l compensation. Many field personnel have worked 3-4 years with no raises or bonuses.

Advice to Management

You have a great opportunity to capture huge market shares - if you will only trust the people you have hired to represent your company.

RSS Feed </> Embed