Signature Consultants

Add Photos

Signature Consultants President and CEO Jay Cohen

Jay Cohen

A Great Three Years

Resource Manager (Former Employee)

ProsCulture - friends first, Incentives - fair ladder bonus structure, opportunities to travel often for client visits and additional extracurricular trips, Leadership Opportunities - company looks to add responsibility to those who are successful as soon as possible. Immediate leaders are fair to all and even the under-achieving producers are rewarded and included. If you are a top producer, there are endless positives.

ConsCan be very he said/she said. Any issue that arises, large or small, is talked about behind closed doors and sometimes far too in-depth. It is possible to feel as though you are ganged up on, however that isn't really the case; the decision-making process is devised so that conclusions are drawn by a majority rather than one individual's opinion. Still a con...kind of.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllowing too many people to understand how decisions are made can be harmful...some may feel more entitled upon inclusion. Keep pushing through, you will get to where you need to go.

Not Reliable

ProsI do not have any.

ConsHad a signed contract with them, but they somehow managed to renege on out. A full 2 months spent between phone screen and the on boarding process for the client, yet somehow, there wasn't an available spot for the client at the time of the start date. Poor communication and no responsibility taken. I would not trust dealing with them again and would not advise anyone else to do so either.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together.

Great learning experience

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat perks and friendly atmosphere. Consistently getting placements at big financial institutions in region. Lunches with other consultants are great way to learn scope of different projects and pick skills I learn next. Project was great experience

ConsInconsistent communication with recruiters and account managers at times. Toward end felt out of loop on future with signature and/or finance institution. Project was really demanding but I didn't control any aspect of it. Sometimes you are treated like a commodity.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelopment of talent pool will be key for company to expand. More conferences or work groups should be available for all contractors. Gain presence with smaller more niche companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A very interesting place to work

Resource Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsI was able to meet some people that ended up being very good friends and they do have good relationships with the few clients that they have. They enjoy spending money on there internal employees as well as on there consultants.

ConsI'm not exactly sure where to start. The management here is made of individuals who were not successful when they were in sales or recruiter roles. They are apart of the original core that have continued to advance because they are friends.. The management in the local branches is even more comedic. I have never worked at a company that tried to limit success like Signature. They continue us to stress leadership when they cannot lead themselves and they continue to stress production and hitting the numbers, but when you look at there numbers you see nothing but metrics not being hit.

The management and leaders of the company demand more and continue to do less. I would recommend running from this company as fast as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves and hire qualifies people to run the companies and branches

Former Project Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good benefits, nice people who do work to try and fit people appropriately by skill set, experience, and personality with a compatible assignment, IF it is available.

ConsChanging from a "staffing"/"contracting" model to a "consulting" firm, where you are expected to help them bring in revenue (provide intelligence on clients, do other work outside your contract, etc.); even though, you are not a full-time employee. They do not pay or provide benefits when you are "on the bench". And, their people know very little about the industry and/or how to conduct IT projects. Yet, they want to tell you want to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to truly be a "consulting" firm, then each Account Manager should know more about the client's business and how to run projects, than the contractors under them. They don't.

Don't do it!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople to enjoy is your misery. Made some good friends.

ConsLong hours, no work life balance, like to recruit from Enterprise... my advice stay at ENTERPRISE. Lack of management and a lot of do as I say, not as I do. Worst job move I made except it jump started me into corporate recruiting. High turnover, 12 new people in a year and the office is only 10 people.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some management.

Great company to work for, if they can find work for you!

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

Pros* They really pamper their employees;
    * They make a point of staying in contact with their contractors on a weekly basis;
    * The owner pours profits back into the company and it shows.

Cons* No different than any other contracting company in that they may not be able to keep your busy once a contract is over;
    * If your contract is cut short, you won't hear from them again.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work; it really is a great company to work for when times are good.

Not a great Experience

Pros1. Got my first job with a great Institution.
    2. Very Friendly staff .

Cons1. With all due respect to them I do have the gratitude towards them in getting my first job.
    Unfortunately it doesn't end there. They DONOT support their candidates enough.
    2. Do not have many clients .

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do respect problems of your candidates and fight for them for genuine reasons. Do not just keep thinking of the client side. If the clients are very reasonable sometimes , you can definitely talk and fight for the convenience of your candidate. Its your duty to keep both of them happy. Really disappointed with the kind of support that you gave me after all the friendly talk only during recruitment process.

Production is overlooked

ProsSignature definitely has a lot of perks in the sense that they over spend on team building exercises/activities. You do have a chance to create your opportunity if you work hard.

ConsThey dont value their employees production as much as their 'cultural fit'. Management is allowed to use their discretion to play favorites and has a very 'hot one day, cold the next' model. They will keep low production employees because they are a good 'culture fit'. The alcohol consumption of this company is outrageous. I have never seen anything like it! Although they spend money on team building exercises, if you opt out you are looked at like you dont belong, so work days turn into 12+ hours. There is also no women in Senior Management and it seems as if they stunt any woman's growth as some of the top producers are women but are not included in "Leadership" meetings. Just a very strange enviornment.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't frown on women being in leadership because they have emotions. You could use the different outlook. If Cohen knew what was going on in some of these offices he would be disgusted.

Recruiter (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey really encourage you to spend money and team build.

ConsI left because of lack of career opportunity. There isn't really room for growth because they aren't growing fast enough to accommodate new opportunities for recruiters. Recruiters are VERY underpaid, and they NEVER give pay raises because they don't believe you'll work as hard if you're paid more.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people equally. It's not fair to set some up for success because you like them, and to hold others back that are achieving more just because they aren't playing the political games that management plays.

Worked for Signature Consultants? Contribute to the Community!