Signature Retail Services

1.9
Dan Perry

Do not bother

I have been working at Signature Retail Services

Pros

I cannot think of any pros

Cons

Where do I begin. Attempted to use the last of my vacation hours and I was told that not only could I not use it but I "owed" them hours. Funny how this coincided with loss of contract that was not scheduled to end for another month. Their web-based system showed I had hours to use however the HR manager stated it was wrong. I know, such professionalism. Yes, I am going to the Better Business Bureau about this matter.

Advice to Management

There isn't an iota of structure in this organization.

Worthless company

Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Signature Retail Services

Pros

there are no pros about working for this company except having weekends off.

Cons

They change you from a full time associate to w2 employees, so that means no benefits, no raises, no drive time, no nothing.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly, don't jack with their livelyhoods

Look Elsewhere for Employment

Former Employee - Sales/Merchandising in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Sales/Merchandising in Savannah, GA

I worked at Signature Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy___, Being taken advantage of___ Being used___ Boredom___ Having your paycheck sucked into your gas tank___ Micro-management___ et al___ . Then SRS is the place for you! In actuality, having found this to be true at an early stage of my employment with SRS, I was able to establish some excellent contacts in the stores I was servicing which led me to finding a far better position with another company whereby the compensation and benefits are far superior.

Cons

Company values? Non-Existent. Promotions? Unlikely. Personal growth? none. As noted by other review(s) such as on Oct 7, 2014 for one, as an SRS rep you will come to find most of your 'net' paycheck being used as your car allowance. In other words, it is as if you are paying SRS for the privilege to drive an absurd amount of miles each week servicing stores for SRS's benefit, not yours.

Advice to Management

Develop a conscience, be less selfish, and treat your employees with respect. Continuing to do as you are will only and eventually bite you in the _ _ _ !

Worst experience all around!

Former Employee - Lead Merchandiser
    Former Employee - Lead Merchandiser

I worked at Signature Retail Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The variety you get working with many different people and products. That's it!

Cons

The communication is extremely poor across the board. It seems no one knows what anyone else is doing.

The company has no idea what their field workers have to deal with nor do they seem care or want to understand. It's no wonder about the major turn around problem that exists.

They will work you like a dog and pay you very little for it. If you get hurt on the job and tell someone about it, they will not offer for you to see a doctor. NOTHING! They will work you harder instead.

You will run your personal vehicle into the ground!!! They offer VERY LITTLE compensation for your gas while on the job (about 10% of your total cost). I worked an area of over 100 miles in diameter (at a total of 11 stores) and put over 7,000 miles on my personal vehicle over a period of 6 months while on the clock. They offer no reimbursement, not even a percentage no reimbursement for tires or basic maintenance. Now, if you're an area supervisor and higher, they will give you a gas card and a hotel card. Lower level employees be prepared to be pay of pocket for working for them!

Advice to Management

Care way, way more about your lower level employees!!! They are the ones out in the field making you money. All the while, you all sit in nice cushy offices behind your overpriced desks and you treat those you do all the "dirty work" like dirt. Be way more appreciative. The least you guys can to is actually pay your employees 100% of the gas cost, at least 50% of the mileage and offer some sort of program to cover the basic maintenance on your employees vehicles that they are required to use while on the clock to drive to many different locations in several different cities.

Merchandiser on construction crew

Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Signature Retail Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's a decent starting salary, per diem if you're traveling, they cover hotel expenses even though some of the hotels are pretty shoddy. They also reimburse you for mileage over 30 per trip.

Cons

Upper management is horrendous. They'll lie to you during the hiring process by telling you benefits that you'll never receive and pay raises that don't happen. No matter how good of a job you do they'll permanently lay you off the minute the project that they hired you for is over. They'll under-bid projects and blame you for not completing in the rediculous window of time that they allowed for the project to be completed. They also come extremely close to crossing legal boundaries reguarding labor laws and monetary reimbursement.

Advice to Management

Don't lie during the hiring process. Quit blaming the lower level employees for you insubordination.

Sales Consultant

Current Contractor - Sales Consultant in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Contractor - Sales Consultant in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at Signature Retail Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Set Schedules and Salary. Company can be a plus if they weren't a five people run corporation.

Cons

No Upward mobility, false promises, and withhold vital information

Great company, growing, generous incentive packages and advancement potential for those that perform and seek it.

Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Area Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Signature Retail Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, growing rapidly, many job types available, independent working environment, pay for performance, many tenured employees despite a volatile industry, retail is a tough business and it seems many coworkers don't understand that the company is often at the mercy of it's customers. As business comes and goes as do some jobs. However top performers always seem to find a home.

Cons

Wear different hats, have to be flexible, understand that retail is ever changing and a demanding industry.

Advice to Management

Explain the dynamics to the field as changes occur.

this is a joke, right?

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Signature Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing. Nothing, nothing and nothing. Did I say nothing?

Cons

Driving and driving..... THEY want more and more for very little compensation. There is no pay for drive time, and some of the stores are 100 miles apart. Excuse me, there is little pay. Mileage rate has been reduced just recently.... Drastically. Hopefully, a paycheck can buy a little bit of food now, and enough money for the gas tank plus a few next week. The managers and or supervisors and totally disengaged from the product as well as the merchandiser employees. Horrible communication at best. Trust me, go work at MC Donalds. they are always hiring. This place is too, and I just told you why.

Advice to Management

Hire managers that care, that know the product! Maybe some training courses in communication?

SRS blows a lot of smoke. The future doesn't look very bright.

Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandiser in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Signature Retail Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, and full time positions guaranteed. (To start) Work in different locations with no one standing over your shoulder. Very fast paced during busy season.

Cons

Communication is null. It is as if no one really knows what is going on. Upper management will be the only employees left in the end. Promises made are not kept and without notice they will drop you like a hot potato.

Advice to Management

Treat your people better or you will have none.

11. visited several Home Depot stores to maintain vendor product line ordered and stocked product.

Former Employee - Field Representative in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Field Representative in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Signature Retail Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Have a good job and working with good worker.

Cons

working hard and doing a good job.