Signpost

Signpost Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Signpost Founder and CEO Stuart Wall

Stuart Wall

A fast paced, future focused environment with a "we win" attitude that feels as if you are a part of a team

ProsThe company not only values its clients and business relationships, but is founded on the idea of building long term success for all involved. Staff is friendly, fun loving, dedicated and hard working. Very easy office environment to feel motivated.

ConsMust travel from the kegerator to the fridge to find domestic beer.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the ACM's and knowledge forums, they are informative and continue to build the team atmosphere.

Such a great work enviornment

Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI have been working with Signpost for 2 months now and it gets better and better everyday! The office is lively and super energetic, everyone is so helpful, and the perks are amazing. I don't have a single problem about working for such a great company. You don't really find many companies that are so eager to help their coworkers. Even though sales is all performance based and EXTREMELY competitive - everyone is eager to help a friend in need. I have been in the recruiting department for only a few short weeks as an intern and I am so sad that I will have to leave at the end of summer. This company is one that is going to do BIG things and continue to grow!

ConsThe keg has Belgium Beer in it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Signpost is a great company that is heavily vested to the success and growth of their employees.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsWe work in a highly energetic and positive environment. Constant trainings and fun competitions within or office lead to great rewards in commission and prizes.

ConsI am in sales. In any sales role there is a lot of pressure and quotas to chase monthly. Since it is a startup, the communication between offices can be slower to come around.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication between departments and offices especially when considering role changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Funny how the claim is that Signpost "believes in small local business".

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Denver, CO

Pros-Uncapped commision
    -Downtown
    -Snacks
    -Young lively co-workers so you don't fall asleep making 100+ calls.

Cons-Narrow minded management. Belief is not in other businesses, it is merely in there own.
    -Throughout interview process I was told that all my past experiences were a waste of time due to the industry.
    -Be it that you feel more confident succeeding elsewhere, they will be sure to put you down on your way out.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not bag on other industries when your gig is to sell your service to companies in all of those other industries. If another career feels more suiting to an individual, as management you should merely wish them the best of luck. You may end up trying to sell my business your service. Good luck.

Great first job

Sales Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Friendly work enviornemnt
    - Uncapped commission
    - Free snack
    - Plenty of incentivized competitions
    - Free happy hours

The people you work with really make the job. Very supportive sales teams with a work hard/ play hard mentality.

Cons- Pay is not very competitive
    - No promotion structure for longevity
    - Repetitive work/ Mind numbing

It's a typical sales job. Cold calling 100+ times a day can really get redundant, but if you're good at it you can make a lot of money.

Signpost  Manager of Sales Talent responded to this review

Jul 7, 2014

Thank you for the feedback, as we grow we will continue to map out a more robust promotion structure and career path here at Signpost. It is our hope that Singpost can become a world class ... More

A Great Place to Build Your Career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsI have been at Signpost for less than a year and I have built my career more than I could have imagined. I started in sales, and found absolutely no success, but because of my hard work, the company offered my a position with the customer experience department as an account manager.

Working for a start up, there are challenges, especially working in the developing customer experience department, but it also opens opportunities that would otherwise never be available. Since starting in account management, I have moved to a different office to help start the customer experience team in the Austin office and been promoted to a team lead promotion.

The environment is exactly what you'd want from a start up and everyone is driven to succeed.

ConsIf you're looking for a mindless easy job, you've come to the wrong place. In every department, you need to drive your own success and your own career. Nothing is just given to you. Opportunities are there every day, but you need to make the most of them or you will struggle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the transparency and honesty. I've never heard of a company that is as open and honest as Signpost especially when it comes to big picture successes and issues.

Exactly what I was looking for

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsMy many unrealistic goals in finding a new startup, all of which were met:

Tech
    o A mature, experienced, gelled tech team with good communication skills.
    o Broad full-stack opportunities to learn new technologies, do big things and take ownership.
    o Top-of-the-line professional tools and processes (code reviews, continuous integration, deployment automation, etc)
    o Passes the (modernized) Spolsky Test and Jeff Atwood's Programer Bill of Rights.
    o Trustworthy and technologically adept leadership.
    o Tolerant of remote employees and flexible for working at home periodically

Biz
    o Get-it-done startup culture but with above average compensation and a highly professional environment.
    o A business model that doesn't need virality to succeed.
    o Already making money with a solid sales team.
    o Solid executive leadership with benign, helpful investors.
    o Transparent, inclusive decision-making and information dissemination.
    o Don't be evil.

ConsEverything on my "cons" list from a year ago has been fixed and then some. Same for 6 months ago and I expect that to continue. The main pain point right now is that there's so much we want to do and don't have enough tech resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing exactly what you're doing.

Awesome startup company!!

National Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsEveryone in the company including all executives are extremely accessible and open to ideas. New and young reps are able to jump right in and make a difference in a startup environment. Some of the more sr reps are frequently brought in on ideas and planning meetings to give their feedback and help shape the direction of the company.
    The culture is awesome. Team happy hours pretty frequently, president's club trips, contests for reps to work out of different offices (Denver, Austin, NYC), etc.

ConsSome people are not a fit for the startup environment. The people that are successful here are fast paced, fun loving people who believe in the company, very passionate and are here to make ridiculous amounts of money. Some of the people who were not a fit are more interested in just coasting by.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay passionate, continue to be accessible to everyone and keep doing a great job.

Best culture, Great opportunities, Free Beer

Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAwesome place to start my career. Started as a sales rep, promoted to Sales exec, moved across the company to help open up a new office, and have grown into the management team.

There is literally no other company where I could have the experience I've had at this point in my career. What I tell people about my job is "Although I never really enjoy getting up in the morning, I literally never dread coming to work."

I left college ready to work, and this company gave me the tools and the opportunity to have the success that I have today. Couldn't recommend this job any more highly to someone who is ready to work their tail off to get what they want.

ConsTypical startup growing pains - not as cushy an infrastructure as you might be used to, but that's part of the startup fun - never a dull moment. The base pay isn't what you'd want it to be, but that's because we reward overachievers with a strong bonus, not people who coast through the day.

Also lots of hard work - this is not an easy sales job. If you're competent and exceeding your job, expect to get extra responsibilities. If you're the right person, you're probably not reading that as a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within for those whom fit the bill both performance-wise and personality-wise. Keep the culture as a high priority.

Best Office with a Mountain View

Sales Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsSignpost is such a great place to work for anyone looking to start a career. I started my career at Signpost right out of college with no sales experience, and I owe a lot to the company and management team in molding me into a successful sales rep that was able to be promoted to the Management level in just a little over a year. It is a great company for anyone to work at if you are looking for career growth, but also have an impact on the future of the company. If you put in the hard work and hit your numbers, you will be rewarded.

One of my favorite things about Signpost are the people. You will never find a cooler much of co-workers at any other job. It isn't uncommon to see teams doing push-ups to amp themselves up after a sale, or another rep throwing a pie at a manager's face for losing in a team contest. Team v. Team or Office v. Office contests are a regular occurrence, as are office happy hours.

Overall this is a great place to work and I owe a lot to them. Signpost has all of the benefit that most startups have - culture, keg in the office, awesome view of the mountains, general fun, we may or may not eat our lunch in a former horse stable - but also has the benefits that you look for in a job when you want to be successful and have a career.

ConsIt is a sales job - there will inevitably be good days and bad days. It can be hard for some reps who come to Signpost straight out of college with no experience to deal with rejection at first, so it is something that some reps have a hard time adjusting to.

Worked for Signpost ? Contribute to the Community!