Signtronix Reviews

Updated August 12, 2014
Updated August 12, 2014
4.0

Kozell Boren

Best decision I have every made!

Current Employee - District Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - District Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Signtronix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Signtronix gives you the ability to truly design a life! Signtronix sales representatives are paid higher than anyone in the industry and are paid first! Kozell Boren struck gold with his business model and it has paid off for over 50 years! As a sales representative you will have the freedom to live your life on your terms!

Cons

I didn't find this when I was 18!

Keep on keeping on!

Great sales training, fantastic product with value, but clunky sales model.

Former Employee - Sign Dealer
    Former Employee - Sign Dealer

I worked at Signtronix as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

They make the best lighted box signs and sell them at about half the price of comparable signs per sq/ft. The training I got was by far the best in my long sales career. The company will make good on mistakes. The product really helps the customer, sometimes saving the business. They have invented the best things in signs for decades, since 1958. No start-up costs. You just need a suit, a car, a laptop, a portable printer and pens, paper, ink, etc. They provide the sample and the presentation materials, which are great. The pay is immediate, so no payroll games. It is hard, but it really is possible in some parts of the nation to make $100K. I know people who have done it, year-after-year. There are no territory restrictions. You will become the best salesperson you have every been. You control your hours.

Cons

You are a contract dealer, so no benefits and no salary. The sales model is odd: You cannot use a business card, nor leave your contact info, nor leave a proposal. You make the sale cold, then and there, and if they don't buy, you must walk. This is especially problematic when selling big-ticket LED digital signs, though they make the very, very best ones. People balk at dropping $15K-$80K for those LED signs on a cold-call sale done, "take-it-or-leave-it." The aggressive pricing makes this necessary, but it leads to burned bridges as the prospects don't understand nor appreciate this sales model they never see with anyone else. You will find yourself running into small biz' owners everyday that have seen two, three...five...eight Signtronix presentations over the years, which makes it very hard to pull a miracle and get them to change their mind. You will also run into bitter owners who cancelled their order and expected deposit refunds, which they won't and shouldn't get because it is a custom product, made to order. It is very hard to make more than $40K. I suspect the average dealers makes less than $25K working 55 hours-per-week. I was a top 5% salesperson most of my career and that's how it's been for me. There are very good managers and their are terrible managers who will exploit the salespeople. The sales model is geared toward protecting managers, who do use business cards, supposedly for recruiting only, but in the real world some (most?) use them to canvas territories, which pollutes things for the salesperson canvasing the same area, who would be fired for passing out cards.

Allow your salespeople to use business cards. I see new signs everyday in front of stores I had pitched. They wanted to buy a sign. They just didn't want to be faced with a take-it-or-leave-it proposal. Nobody else does that in their little world. Salespeople don't have to extend special offers, but at least it keeps the door open to future business and does not burn up the territories. Over and over, I was told by potential buyers who bought elsewhere that they had decided to buy the Signtronix sign, but they had no way of contacting the dealer with whom they spoke and bonded. Provide exact miniature, scaled-down samples of the full-color outdoor LEDs. Competitors with junky signs are kicking your butts in that segment just because those guys carry FULL-SIZE samples. You are missing out on hundreds of millions of dollars in sales and surrendering market share, and your dealers are missing out on the $100K+ they could make selling them each year in the super-hot market.

Cant Recommend it

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Signtronix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not one that comes to mind. Not. One.

Cons

It's a joke; You are an independent contractor. You'll make more money selling Mary Kay or Amway.

Give Up. Seriously. You have a massively inflated ego of yourselves.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at Signtronix as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

make your own hours - flexibility

Cons

1099 - travel/gas - no benefits no ,reimbursements - overpriced products

re-think pricing / selling system (transparent)

Signtronix is a solid company

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Signtronix full-time for less than a year

Pros

good training, marketing material, customer support, fabulous managers, immediate pay, all the materials you may need are supplied. Good working conditions and very good sales support

Cons

Finance company is suspect. Have to work in rural areas because of city sign restrictions no protected areas. You are a 1099 employee so all your expenses are yours. Gas and overnights may kill you

get a better leasing company!

Awesome

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - District Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Signtronix as a contractor for more than 10 years

Pros

Great training, Great Product, Awesome pay!!!!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Keep doing what your doing.

Not what I went to college to do

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Signtronix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, If you like to travel you do a lot of it.

Cons

100% Commission. No benefits. Trips are required and nothing is covered. You're going business to business trying to get business owners to spend money that they don't have, or don't feel comfortable spending.

Don't force new employee's into spending money on trips when they haven't even made any money at all yet. Also - I felt as if they were trying to manipulate me along with the business owners they wanted us to sell the signs too.

A wonderful Company that truly has the welfare of the small business owner at its core value

Current Employee - Salesperson  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Salesperson in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Signtronix full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a sales person,you are given all the tools and training to succeed . Training comes from your Regional or District managers along with others within the company that you align yourself with. They also have an excellent web based training program.

Cons

Like any other type of sales position,you have to be able to take the rejections and no's that will come your way.Working in the field can be lonely also, however,the busier you are at sales..the less lonely you will be.

Keep up the excellent support that you give to your salesforce.

The Best Direct Sales Company on the Planet

Current Employee - Regional Manager  in  Lake Charles, LA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at Signtronix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Signtronix is always bringing new products to the market place. Income potential is truly what you make of it. You can make a 6 figure income by following there sales program. In my 35 year selling career this is the only company that didn't change the program on me because I was making a great income.

Cons

For me this company is a perfect fit. I honestly can't find a thing wrong with it.

Keep promoting from within.

Best Decision I Ever Made

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Signtronix full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

True Family Atmosphere , Real Advancement Opportunity , Unlimited Income , Innovative Products , Sales and Management support

Cons

I didn't find it sooner

Don't change the system

Worked for Signtronix? Contribute to the Community!