Sigue Corp Reviews

2.7
Guillermo de la Vina

1. Excellent Company!

Current Employee - Manager in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Sigue has been a rewarding experience. I have had opportunities for career advancement. If you are a dedicated and hard worker you will be recognized.

Cons

Employees are spread out between 3 buildings

2. A Good Employer

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A family company driven by values. Employees are treated fairly and management has an open door policy. Pay is good and they have started getting rid of some of the people that were just showing up and not working. Great benefits and employee events.

Cons

a lot of layoffs - no raises

Advice to Management

Communicate to your employees the reasons why you can't give raises, everyone knows times are tough and will understand. but when you don't communicate, we come up with our own reasons.

3. Sigue Evolution into a Great Company!

Current Employee - Manager in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Sigue has evolved into a great company over the past 10 years! The company offers professional growth opportunities and promotes excellence throughout the organization. Sigue is the one of the leading global remittance providers in the industry. As a privately held company we are flexible, agile and connected to our customers and business partners. Our CEO is highly engaged in the business and takes the time to visit our global offices, employees and business relationships. The company has a flat management organization to keep everyone connected to our customer. We strive to unite and connect families across the globe. The company's culture is passionate, high paced, solution oriented and driven to excel and innovate. We look for champions throughout our organization.

Cons

Sigue is not a status-quo, complacent nor mediocre organization.

Advice to Management

Sigue management needs to continue recruiting top talent where experience, passion, competitiveness is valued.

Desperate times ....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp

Pros

Easy commute
    Most of the staff are genuinely nice and hard working people

Cons

Normally I wouldn't bother to write a review but I decided to go ahead with one because what I had encountered really bothered me and I feel others should know the truth about this company.

I was recruited into Sigue via a recruiter. I should have seen the warning signs right from my interview process. Every single interview I had happened at a location that was not their office. Usually a restaurant, coffee shop etc. my first day reporting into my new job - I walked into the office which is an old warehouse building in the middle of nowhere. Clearly the company does not value its employees and this becomes obvious as soon as you walk in. There was a long row of cubicles that looked old and tired with trash littered all over them. The chairs were old and many broken - one would be missing an armrest, the other would have big tears in the seat cushion etc. Those fortunate enough to have offices were not too much better off. Old worn out and smelly carpeting. Old and broken furniture. Open holes in the ceilings and floors. Of course if you were an executive none of this applied. Executives had designer offices with hard wood floors, plush furniture and all the conveniences. This should have been my first clue that something was terribly wrong. But I came here for the opportunity to transform this company so I overlooked all of my initial impressions. But it only got worse from there.

I was with the company for three years - no raises no bonuses at all no matter how you performed. No appreciation for the many employees who come in and work hard every day. Clearly the company does not perform well financially either. They go through a constant cycle of cost cutting which usually results in a round of layoffs. The pattern has become so predictable that it is actually an input into whatever crazy planning / budgeting process they have. In three years it went like clockwork .... Slow start to the year in Jan/February so cut spending. Spend a little to get thru second quarter and peak season (Mother's Day). By June there will be a round of layoffs. The next couple of months will continue to go bad. By September full on panic will set in and everything will come to a halt. All projects will be put in hold or tabled completely because they have no money and by Nov/Dec there will be another round of layoffs. Oh and by the way Merry Christmas.... You are so lucky to have this job and should be kissing the CEO's feet with gratitude! Next year will be more of the same but worse because they will have projected some miraculous growth that they will never achieve. As Einstein said... The definition of insanity is to continue to do the same thing and expect different results. If the shoe fits....

To me this was not even the worst part about being employed at this god forsaken company. The worst part of this entire experience was the unethical way in which this company conducts business. They don't have any regard for and therefore don't seem to bother about honoring any of their commitments. After purchasing something they will try their hardest to weasel out if paying for it. The usual response.... "only pay half of the invoice" or "hold off on this payment for another month". This was the rule, not the exception. One year they cut the salaries of the entire staff by 10% - supposedly a temporary measure. Employees were assured they would get back to their regular salary in a few months. Needless to say that never happened unless you were one of the favored few that did in fact get their salary back. In all of this - never did anyone bother to communicate to the employees. Also, you've just cut everyone's salaries and the owner shows up in a new fancy car! While not necessarily unethical, this makes me lose whatever little respect I might have had for the owner.

The owner / CEO claims to be an entrepreneur but is really clueless and is driving the company to bankruptcy. Most of the executive team save a couple of people are equally as inept at their job. Years of bad management and no vision are catching up to them and the place reeks of desperation.

Bottom line - avoid this company like the plague!

Advice to Management

Grow up and learn how to be leaders!!!! Walk the talk and don't treat your employees like crap because without them you truly are nothing.

6. Time for chage

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has very good benefits, salaries are competitive l

Cons

Very limited communication between departments, various changes without notification and/or appropriate training

Advice to Management

Train personnel accordingly

7. Smile no matter what!

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sigue found me and brought me aboard. Overall my experience working at Sigue has been wonderful. I love my job and they are flexible with my hours. I'm constantly busy which makes the day go by faster. My boss is very knowledgeable and it is an honor to work under. HR Department is also always very helpful to answer and assist with any situation that I've needed guidance with.

Cons

My pay is average and would like to make more but who wouldn't? I just need to prove my self to let upper management see I can be worth more.

Advice to Management

From what I see Management is always smiling and acknowledges everyone in their path. Keep up the good and hard work for it is a pleasure being a part of Sigue.

8. Never a dull moment at Sigue if you're up for constant changes at a very competitive industry.

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work with a very supportive team. My VP cares about my career growth and believes in my potential. No micromanagement! I'm thankful for my flexible schedule and affordable medical benefits. More so, you are eligible to enroll in 401k within 90 days after hire when most companies offer it after one year of employment?

Cons

Everyone should be held accountable for not delivering results. You have the hard working team that cares and want the best for the company and others that are just unproductive.

Advice to Management

Roll up your sleeves and get to know your hard working teams better. Come up with good incentive programs in order to retain talent. Happy employees are productive employees.

Enough is Enough

Current Employee - Another Unsatisfied Employee
    Current Employee - Another Unsatisfied Employee

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They have a good 401K Program

Cons

In life as in business there is nothing perfect - I know that. There is no perfect company out there that will make every employee happy, but when you and most of your coworkers complain about the same thing over and over:
    - "We feel unappreciated",
    - "How many more years without a raise?",
    - "Will we ever see an annual bonus again?",
    - "When are they going to stop adding us more and more work because they have been laying people off every six months",
    - "When are we going to feel safe working in an 'American Company' when next thing you know, they will send your position to their offices in Mexico because labor is cheaper",
    - "When are they going to be fair, and stop favoritism with certain employees?"

It makes you realize that this company is experiencing one of the most toxic moments ever.

I would have never posted a negative review about Sigue (nor a good one), but the fact that a Human Resources representative come to certain employees and ask them to 'post something "positive" about the company because the company reviews on glassdoor are really bad', really?? - it makes me sick. What are they pretending not to know? at this point I don't what is lower, this request from HR or the fact that all of the sudden I see 5 and 4 star reviews where in one of them even the cons are positive!... Anyways, in the end every employee has their own point of view.

Saying that, these are some of the cons:

- Toxic leaders that are all about themselves and just look for their own benefit
    - Lack of communication between departments specially from top levels, which makes it harder to work in internal projects
    - The disgruntlement that employees are experiencing show up in their work, loyal and dedicated employees don't care anymore, whether you do a good or bad job you can just expect the unexpected
    - Most of the times employees are set up to fail, they demand you to go the extra mile and don't give you the necessary tools to succeed or there is no clarity on what they want you to achieve
    - Salaries are below market average, and on top of that there hasn't been any raises in years even before the recession
    - Employees have lost their trust in top management, a few years ago there was a 10% salary cut with the false hopes that it would be only for three months and that the reason of that, was that they rather cut salaries and not people. Nobody got the 10% back and layoffs continued since a few months later and never have stopped since then

Advice to Management

Actions speak louder than words, employees want to follow authentic leaders who are less about politics and no hidden agendas, and that are more about supporting them accomplish their goals.
    Take action by identifying what's making your employees unhappy and do something about it instead of just worrying that your glassdoor reviews are so low.

Terrible place to work

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy commute and low expectations.

Cons

Low pay, bad HR, poor leadership. Avoid at all costs.

Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Five years ago Sigue used to be an incredible Company, with strong family culture. It used to provide a safe environment where employees could grow and feel respected and rewarded for their work

Cons

Employees have not received a raise in 5 years. The only strategy Senior Management have to increase revenue is massive layoffs. The only way to grow in the Company is if you worked in Western Union. It is very political.

Advice to Management

Update your knowledge with the current trends that are successful in the market. Stop being selfish and think as a team

RSS Feed </> Embed