Sigue Corp Reviews

Updated March 7, 2015
13 reviews filtered by
1.8
Guillermo de la Vina

1. Sigue is like a roll-coaster ride; you must be ready for fun and challenges!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company offers great benefits including 401K Employer's Match. Sigue is also known for their great Employee Events. I'm truly appreciative of the opportunity of being involved in multiple projects that have enhanced my skill-set and overall experience.

Cons

Sometimes important initiatives that could improve overall productivity are pushed aside due to budget constraints.

Top Management needs to be more engaged. They need to take time out of their busy schedules; sit back and listen to what's important to their employees so they can retain their talent or help them get to the next level.

2. Chaos is the best way to descripbe this company

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

close to home. Long term friendships. Department is very close that I work at

Cons

CEO does not believe in raises or bonuses. Have gone 5 years without a raise yet only certain employees get raises. Guess its who sucks beter that gets what they want.

listen to your employees. Stop throwing parties noone cares about. You talk about competing with Western Union and Ria but get your act together before you can move on.

3. Terrible experience.

Former Contractor - IT Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The people in non-leadership positions were very kind. Strong sense of family with the employees, but I think this stems from the fact that in order to survive in this environment you need the support of your co-workers because you won't be getting it from anyone else.

Cons

There are SO many things wrong with this company. First, don't ever expect to get a raise. The company doesn't believe in them and from what I was told, the employees haven't been given raises in years. During your interview they lure you in with a promise of a "bonus", but those don't happen either. Leadership is poor, lack of planning, and a very disfunctional environment where lay off's are the norm; even people in HR can't (refuse) to be helpful. It's scary when you have to be afraid of your HR department since they are supposed to be there to help employees. At Sigue, HR is the worst out of all the departments. Also, if you don't speak Spanish, forget it. Most meetings are conducted in Spanish and you'll be lost.

Stop having so many meetings and actually accomplish the things you talk about behind closed doors (this is a constant - so much planning and no action).

Worked full-time

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Such a lack of direction that I had no work to do. I was often bored and got very lazy and unmotivated. So I guess if you're lazy it's a pro.

Cons

Everything from leadership, or lack of, to the total dishonesty and lies. My direct supervisor was the worst liar. He made promises that I never saw. In my time there, there were 2 massive layoffs. Apparently this company has HUGE layoffs of people every few months. Just as the quarter ends and a new begins. You're constantly on edge that it could be you. No one is safe. You never feel safe or valued there. It's the absolute worst place to work.

You can't advise these people. Just stay away.

6. Nepotism, uprofessionalism, disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since no one really knows what they are doing, the expectations are really low. Great place to work if you are lazy.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you are looking to make a difference, get promoted, or are used to working hard and getting the rewards and recognition that go with it.

Stop hiring and firing people good people. Sigue has a culture of laying people off every three months - the problem is not the people, it's the leadership. The only departmenst that had it together are sales and parts of compliance. Every other department lacks leadership and vision. Inspite of this the CEO is very animated and means well, he just doesn't surround himself with the right people. Just because they are family doesn't make them the best person for the job. It's ok to hire people that will say no and not agree with everything you say - it's what moves companies forward.

7. If they gave the ability to give them negative 1 star I would give it to them.

Former Contractor - Cashier in Durham, NC
    Former Contractor - Cashier in Durham, NC

I worked at Sigue Corp as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Brand recognition among the Hispanic community.

Cons

Terrible customer service, poor leadership, no accountability, no follow through regarding customer complaints.

Can I do my job please?

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for future growth. Good geographical expansion that can be capitalized.

Cons

Poor leadership and very slow decision making. This company hires people based on their expertise, but at the end their point of view is not considered. It seems that the base for growth is set, but the internal culture is not evolving at the sample speed.

Like whatever

I have been working at Sigue Corp

Pros

Independent Work no one really demands much from you, the job is really simple.

Cons

Low Pay. Not to much room for advancement.

Meh.

Stay Away

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time

Pros

There is nothing good about Sigue as a place to work. Only work here if you are unemployed and desperate for a job.

Cons

They have big goals, but do not have the management or staff to implement them. Management blames everyone else but themselves for their issues. Every two years everyone is replaced for failure to achieve managements unrealistic goals. They want to do everything on the cheap and then blame employees for it not completing on time. The only ones who get job growth are ones with inside ownership\family associations.

Bring in outside management and replace the President.

11. Avoid it if you can

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst V in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst V in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work from home allowed if possible. Casual dressing on Fridays. Spanish used as the main language so mexicans can benefit a lot from it.

Cons

1. Team avoid sharing information.
    2. Need good skills technical staff.
    3. Seems like IT Managers are there just for making project plans and when it comes to implementation then they have no idea and start hiring again.
    4. Less growth potential.
    5. Salary is atleast 10% lower than market.

IT Managers should be technical enough to implement new projects. As compared to Sigue, I have seen in other companies half the number of good technical managers maintaining twice the number of projects. That is the reason why they are still using VB6 with no direction or even plan to upgrade to .Net.