Sigue Corp Reviews

1.9
Guillermo de la Vina

1. Professionals Beware

I have been working at Sigue Corp

Pros

Overall compensation is good for anyone above entry level

Cons

There will definitely be occasions where there are delays in compensation and org changes

Advice to Management

Ensure that everyone is paid on time. If there are organizational changes that affect compensation, iron out the details beforehand because peoples livelihood is at stake when there is delay in pay.

2. Nice working environment, supportive team

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (less than a year)

Pros

cooperation working environment, supportive supervisor and team members

Cons

limited of opportunity to grow

3. Sigue is like a roll-coaster ride; you must be ready for fun and challenges!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company offers great benefits including 401K Employer's Match. Sigue is also known for their great Employee Events. I'm truly appreciative of the opportunity of being involved in multiple projects that have enhanced my skill-set and overall experience.

Cons

Sometimes important initiatives that could improve overall productivity are pushed aside due to budget constraints.

Advice to Management

Top Management needs to be more engaged. They need to take time out of their busy schedules; sit back and listen to what's important to their employees so they can retain their talent or help them get to the next level.

5. Chaos is the best way to descripbe this company

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

close to home. Long term friendships. Department is very close that I work at

Cons

CEO does not believe in raises or bonuses. Have gone 5 years without a raise yet only certain employees get raises. Guess its who sucks beter that gets what they want.

Advice to Management

listen to your employees. Stop throwing parties noone cares about. You talk about competing with Western Union and Ria but get your act together before you can move on.

6. Terrible experience.

Former Contractor - IT Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Former Contractor - IT Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

The people in non-leadership positions were very kind. Strong sense of family with the employees, but I think this stems from the fact that in order to survive in this environment you need the support of your co-workers because you won't be getting it from anyone else.

Cons

There are SO many things wrong with this company. First, don't ever expect to get a raise. The company doesn't believe in them and from what I was told, the employees haven't been given raises in years. During your interview they lure you in with a promise of a "bonus", but those don't happen either. Leadership is poor, lack of planning, and a very disfunctional environment where lay off's are the norm; even people in HR can't (refuse) to be helpful. It's scary when you have to be afraid of your HR department since they are supposed to be there to help employees. At Sigue, HR is the worst out of all the departments. Also, if you don't speak Spanish, forget it. Most meetings are conducted in Spanish and you'll be lost.

Advice to Management

Stop having so many meetings and actually accomplish the things you talk about behind closed doors (this is a constant - so much planning and no action).

Worked full-time

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Such a lack of direction that I had no work to do. I was often bored and got very lazy and unmotivated. So I guess if you're lazy it's a pro.

Cons

Everything from leadership, or lack of, to the total dishonesty and lies. My direct supervisor was the worst liar. He made promises that I never saw. In my time there, there were 2 massive layoffs. Apparently this company has HUGE layoffs of people every few months. Just as the quarter ends and a new begins. You're constantly on edge that it could be you. No one is safe. You never feel safe or valued there. It's the absolute worst place to work.

Advice to Management

You can't advise these people. Just stay away.

8. Nepotism, uprofessionalism, disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sylmar, CA

I worked at Sigue Corp full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Since no one really knows what they are doing, the expectations are really low. Great place to work if you are lazy.

Cons

Not a good place to work if you are looking to make a difference, get promoted, or are used to working hard and getting the rewards and recognition that go with it.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring and firing people good people. Sigue has a culture of laying people off every three months - the problem is not the people, it's the leadership. The only departmenst that had it together are sales and parts of compliance. Every other department lacks leadership and vision. Inspite of this the CEO is very animated and means well, he just doesn't surround himself with the right people. Just because they are family doesn't make them the best person for the job. It's ok to hire people that will say no and not agree with everything you say - it's what moves companies forward.

9. If they gave the ability to give them negative 1 star I would give it to them.

Former Contractor - Cashier in Durham, NC
    Former Contractor - Cashier in Durham, NC

I worked at Sigue Corp as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Brand recognition among the Hispanic community.

Cons

Terrible customer service, poor leadership, no accountability, no follow through regarding customer complaints.

Can I do my job please?

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sylmar, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Director in Sylmar, CA

I have been working at Sigue Corp full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for future growth. Good geographical expansion that can be capitalized.

Cons

Poor leadership and very slow decision making. This company hires people based on their expertise, but at the end their point of view is not considered. It seems that the base for growth is set, but the internal culture is not evolving at the sample speed.

Like whatever

I have been working at Sigue Corp

Pros

Independent Work no one really demands much from you, the job is really simple.

Cons

Low Pay. Not to much room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Meh.