Sikorsky

Sikorsky Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Sikorsky President Mick Maurer

Mick Maurer

Pros
  • Sikorsky (and UTC) creates a learning culture and puts their money behind it with a very generous Employee Scholar Program(in 20 reviews)

• I have been told that the Employee Scholar Program and stock award program has been limited lately(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance: is always on the horizon; there seems an innate inability to eliminate bureaucracy(in 10 reviews)

• Pay raises are very poor and no adjustment for cost of living(in 7 reviews)

Always watching your back

Engineering (Current Employee) Stratford, CT

ProsIt's close to home, good people, it's a pay check.

ConsIt's the only place I worked for that called people Engineers who didn't have a degree or had one in Psychology or some other non-related background.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real. Another GM starter switch scandal waiting to happen. Good people there but all treated poorly. Forget the HR department there can't be trusted.

Huntsville office has management issue

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood employee poor management no room to advance

Consno leadership management not experience in aircraft

Advice to Senior Managementchange ment

A great place to work... if you don't know any better.

Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer (Current Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsYou get to work on (somewhat) interesting projects...

ConsContractors are treated like second class citizens.
    No training program in place for new hires.
    Corporate policies and unwritten rules prevent any real work from getting done.
    Blatant ethics violations and waste of goverment resources everywhere you look.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your polcies so that employees feel valued and institute a training program for people to get familiar with their jobs and duties. Shadowing people for 6-12 months is wholly ineffective.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sikorsky Global Helicopter in Coatesville PA

Supervisor (Current Employee) Coatesville, PA

ProsThe pay there is decent

ConsSikorsky Global Helicopter has major turnover and very low company morale. Surveys have shown that most would not recommend a friend to work there. Upper management and HR treat contractors very poorly!

Advice to Senior ManagementBecome leaders

Worst place I have ever worked.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsOnly worked a 40 hour week.

ConsBenefits are terrible. Management is focused on micromanaging and throwing everything into the ACE (Six Sigma) Bucket. Management raises come out of the same raise pool as their employees. After 2 years, thanks to furlough, I was making less than I started. There is no clear path to advancement. The customer comes second. Lieing and cheating will get you ahead faster than hard honest work. Management will take credit for all your successes and throw you under the bus for any failures.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut back on the ACE activities. Have less metrics, less power point. Be more honest with employees.

It was one of the most frustrating, disappointing places I have ever worked.

Senior Aircraft Assembler (Former Employee) Stratford, CT

ProsExcellent pay. When I was allowed to do my job correctly it was interesting work.

ConsHuge, huge ripoff of the tax payers of America!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart worring about producing a quality product efficiently instead of climbing the corporate ladder and CYAing!

The west palm beach flight test center is ran very unprofessionally where only friends and family get directly hired.

Technician (Former Employee) West Palm Beach, FL

ProsPretty Good Pay, Flexible work schedule

ConsDirect employees think they are gods. They value hiring friends over qualified veterans. Treat contractors like they are low level humans. They underbid government contracts on purpose just to ask for more later. Lazy direct hire employees that's why the contractors are there. Overall a disgusting experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat management? Coming to work late regularly looking hung over is hardly management.

Fake, not all it claims to be.

Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) Stratford, CT

ProsQuite a number of great and dedicated co workers with few bad apples in key positions.

ConsThe only way to get ahead is if happen to be related to someone in higher management positions. Internal posting are usually written for someone in mind and within the inner circles. Stresses ethical behavior with lots of yearly required training but all is to masquerade the facts. If you are over 40 years olds start looking over your shoulder because you likely will be laid off by the time you become 50 years old.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead your own advertised claims and practice what you preach, treat people fairly.

When your dreams are not what you dreamed

Dynamic Systems Engineering Team Lead (Former Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsWith out question the premere vertical take off aircraft produced.

ConsHorrible management structure, horrible business plan or lack of, defrauding and lying to the customer is common place, as is the employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire everone in the H.R. department. All of them. Attempt to be honest and appreciative with your empoyees.

6 years of ERP and WAN support for MRO subsidiary of Sikorsky

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Shelton, CT

ProsSikorsky Support Services Inc (SSSI) morphed into SAM (Sikorsky Aircraft Maintenance) and was a fairly independent, quick moving smaller company, adroit at getting and running small and large govt contracts. It had an entrepreneurial attitude at first, but seemed to lose that in 2009 with a management change.

ConsBecame almost absurdedly bureaucratic after change in management in 2009. More emphasis on "criossing t's and dotting i's: than doing business. Move to SAP over internal ERP, Deltek did not go well.

Advice to Senior ManagementNurture good workers, reward them, don't burden them with onerous rules

Worked for Sikorsky? Contribute to the Community!