Silgan Plastics Corporation

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014

2.9

Alan H. Koblin

While at Silgan Plastics Co. I learn that hard work can be made easy once you apply yourself.

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker  in  Triadelphia, WV
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Triadelphia, WV

I worked at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is for the employees and stress safety above all.

Cons

If you don't like working long hours and making money.

Continue to have meetings it works.

Worked at Silgan plastics for 10 years. Good place if you want a sword stuck in your back. Triadelphia WV

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation

Pros

Good hourly pay but when you add it up you only work about half a year. You can make 17 something an hour and only make about 43k a year. Mostly easy work when things go well.

Cons

Lots of two faced people. Most machines are out dated and you constantly work on them and can't get maintenance to work on them. Managment will turn their back on you and stab you in the back in an instant. Management likes to hire buddies rather than someone suitable for the position. Supprised place is still open honestly. They lost a big chunk of their business and are struggling to stay afloat.

hire people who can run a business properly not because they are a good friend. Do something before you ruin lots of families by closing down. Other plants have recently closed down. Won't be long before yours does with the people who are running it.

Don't plan on making it a career

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation

Pros

Hard working employees that do more with less

Cons

No one retires really from corporate. Once they are done with you and your skills they shove you out the door. Management also is constantly changing directions and wanting more and more from you without adding resources.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Efficiently boring

Former Employee - Product Line Packer  in  Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Product Line Packer in Seymour, IN

I worked at Silgan Plastics Corporation part-time for less than a year

Pros

High levels of efficiency, thorough Quality Control.

Cons

Extremely formulaic, non-stop workflow, fast paced.

Take the human factor out of the equation. Find a more cost effective solution.

Very challenging company, progressive and enjoyable workplace.

Former Employee - Group Leader and Inspector  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Group Leader and Inspector in Louisville, KY

I worked at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, excellent work environment, one of the best places I have worked at, if my plant hadn't closed I would still be there.

Cons

When the price of plastics dropped my plant was closed, other than that I saw no cons.

Make sure your plants are able to function no matter the market. This was a great company to work for and a job I have continued to miss since the factory I worked at closed almost 10 years ago. Last employed in 1995, program doesn't go back that far.

worst experience of my life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seymour, IN

I worked at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can't think of any good to say about this company

Cons

The supervisors are in cahoots with the people on the floor, gossiping about managers and supervisors alike. They don't really train people, they just throw them out on the floor and leave them to figure it out. Like I said it was the worst experience of my life.

You need to learn how to treat people with respect, that's one thing you are really bad at!!

We need more support staff please.

Current Employee - IT Staff  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall friendly environment. Professional environment while at the same time keeping it as casual as possible.

Cons

Sometimes upper management doesn't really seem to understand the importance in spending money to save more money in the long run. IT dept. is a bit understaffed and sees no additions in staff any time soon.

Please help upper echelon management have a better understanding of spending money on increased support. Also, little perks here and there can go a long way.

Terrible

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Triadelphia, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Triadelphia, WV

I worked at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time

Pros

After 2 years or even longer it can be decent paying if you can handle the crap. Hard to wait for full time. You have to go through a temp service to get hired. Which is not very good pay. And no benefits untill your full time.

Cons

Full of back stabbing employees and horrible management. If your not in the inner circle, you get crapped on. Unless your a suck ass then your good to go. If you work overtime in the suck ass department then you should fit in great.

Get new management

Average company to work for

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time

Pros

It is fun to work on various products for different market categories. Compensation is average. The people are good to work with and cooporate in a team environment to help achieve successful new product launches.

Cons

We need to make some changes internally to secure organic growth. The company profits are flat and as a result we are not growing as a company and as individuals. There is no growth opportunity and the annual compensation or pay increases are minimal.

Start getting new business and stop loosing existing business. Invest in competitive equipment and new locations. listen to your people!

extremely boring and unfair place to work

Current Employee - Packer  in  Ligonier, IN
    Current Employee - Packer in Ligonier, IN

I have been working at Silgan Plastics Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

no mandatory overtime, only 8 hr days.

Cons

extremely boring, most boring job.

Worked for Silgan Plastics Corporation? Contribute to the Community!