Silicon Graphics International
www.sgi.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Silicon Graphics International Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA

Silicon Graphics International – “Silicon Graphics of yore (Photo thanks to Flickr…”

Silicon Graphics International President & CEO Jorge L. Titinger

Jorge L. Titinger

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great while it lasted

Member Technical Staff (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood work-life balance
    Fair to staff
    Frank about problems

ConsDownsizing and bankruptcies- not what it used to be

SGI used to be the company to work for.

Manager (Former Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI really enjoyed working for a company that was on the cutting edge of technology. I was proud to tell people where I worked and share with them some of the things our company accomplished and what our customers were using our systems for. SGI make some huge investments in tools and systems in order to enable us to become a very competitive Global player. These tools really allowed us to become very efficient and effective in our day to day routine. The other key factor was the support for training and mentoring to ensure that we were the best we could be.

ConsThe biggest down-side of working for SGI was the fact that for many years you were always looking over your shoulder and hoping not to be caught up the next round of a "Reduction in Force". SGI has been burning through cash at good clip for many years and it was dishearting when we all felt we had some solid products available. In my opinion we carried too many underproductive product sales reps for way too long, instead of cutting ties and bringing new talent. This also lead to SGI stock becoming worthless causing customers and employees to become upset with SGI management that allowed this to happen!

Advice to Senior ManagementSGI has always been top heavy, some tough decisions need to be made to address the perception of reality of too many chiefs watching over the Indians.

Worked for Silicon Graphics International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silicon Graphics International reviews and ratings in Sunnyvale, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silicon Graphics International CEO Jorge L. Titinger. All reviews posted anonymously by Silicon Graphics International employees.