Silicon Image

Silicon Image Chief Executive Officer Camillo Martino

Camillo Martino

Not bad at all I loved my years at SIMG

Senior Director (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat people and fun environment.

Constoo many promises and not enough delivery of promotion

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize the value of IT to help retain talent

Decent company, middle management could be better

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsDecent culture, reasonably well paying. HR seems to be improving these days.

ConsMid level management used to be better 5 years ago, and the management has been becoming more Asian over time, which changes the strategy to be short term, and work culture to be workaholic.

Losing Its Way

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery good cooperation among peer individual contributors.
    Pay and benefits are good for this size company.

ConsThe medium-term and long-term mission is very confused: in product plans and technology roadmaps, the company has lost its way. Senior management does not convince the working people that there is a cohesive plan. Resources are used in non-profitable areas, without a plan to make them profitable,

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to the company's roots, with great technology implementations, even if it's not in high-volume, commodity products. Stop betting on contradictory product plans. Reorganize senior management toward more decisive choices, and move the focus from "this quarter" to "the next 5 years".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place...........

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsLots of opportunity to make an impact on the products and the culture. There is some bureaucracy, especially in finance, but much more positive than negative aspects to this company. Recent improvements, like Unlimited PTO are great.

ConsToo many layers of approval for some relatively simple tasks (ie. Purchasing)

Advice to Senior ManagementPare down the need to have everyone approve everything - act more like a start up than a behemouth.

system engineering

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Prosgood people to work with

Conssome equipment are short to use

overall sucks

Manager (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Proscolleagues are great, paid not bad

Consupper management put the wrong people in charge, no long term vision, technology doesn't align with product

Advice to Senior Managementget some outsiders to change the middle management culture. Need some solid leadership and cut the politics

Good

ASIC Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsYou can learn a lot from professional engineers.

ConsCompany does not provide as much benefit as other big company.

good technology, poor management, good people

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Prosgood technology
    flexible working time
    nice and smart colleague.
    easy parking,
    convenient location, benefit is OK, pay is not bad, this company has niche products.

ConsManagers pay more attentions on playing political games than on products. don't respect engineers and their work. steal engineers' credits. the culture of this company is not healthy, some managers don't want follow not professional ethics.

Advice to Senior Managementthis company future relies on leading technology, respect engineers, really need changing company culture. get rid of some bad, arrogant managers.

A fabless Semiconductor company, which after Mr. Martino started work, many positive change took place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsThe direction, it has taken after Mr. Martino it has taken a positive direction. His management style is very good. As long as he is there, one can expect company will be doing good.

ConsEmployee training does not have high priority and employee herself/himself needs to do this on their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee's evaluation system improvement will increase employees' productivity.

Repetitive design work

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsSome very good and interesting new consumer electronics development opportunities. Good growth opportunities in high-end TV. HDMI, MHL are big wins. New management responsive to some problems.

ConsThe work can get repetitive and boring. Once you get a circuit to work you are the "Expert" and keep doing redesigns to port it to a new technology. Little chance for new innovation. Need to break into smartphones to be very successful.

Worked for Silicon Image? Contribute to the Community!