Silicon Valley Bank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Silicon Valley Bank President & CEO Greg Becker

Greg Becker

Pros:
  • "Good people, very focused on their employees and work life balance"
    in 9 reviews
  • "good benefits, interesting work"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "They've taken the "Client First" mantra to the extreme where there is no work-life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Management doesn't really listen to those who don't fully drink the Kool-Aid"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Recall the CIO!

Applications Support (Former Employee)

ProsSVB has great product, most innovative debt financing portfolios, and has a lot do focus on pay for performance.

ConsThe CIO is able to say all the Buzz words (culture, transformation, game changing) without any substances or depth. If you are looking for a broken recorder than repeats what's wrong but doesn't have strategy nor ability to rally the team to fix them, you got the right lady. IT spending is at all time high, so much money wasted with no result. Surprisingly I year after being part of IT, she can still talk about IT issues as if she is an outsider. Absolutely no demonstration of ownership nor accountability.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you don't want SVB drags down by her like California did during Arnols S' regime, it is not too late to recall.

Summer Intern

Summer Intern (Former Employee)
    Newton, MA

ProsThe company atmosphere was very fun and the people are interesting and easy to work with. Everyone was willing to help and answer my questions. I participated in a lot of out of office activities and community service. It was an overall great experience

ConsSometimes a little boring, but I think this was because they are slow in the summer.

SVB is like family

Tempe, AZ

ProsI started as a contractor and was able to land a full time job. Throughout the years I was able to work my way up and be asked to relocate to the Tempe office and be a part of mgmt. I feel so honored to be working for such a great company. I see myself retiring from SVB as they have been on an upswing and growing with so many opportunities.

ConsWe are still learning to grow as a company yet keep that small company feel. Its a good thing but sometimes I wonder if they are biting more than they can handle.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work as I trust and cherish their leadership.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Company Culture

Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsDedicated group of people who want to have a positive impact on clients. The senior leaders inspire teams to do great work. If you want to enjoy work and be involved, this is the place to work!

ConsNone. This company is constantly improving.

A great company to work at

ProsGreat benefit, compensation as well as 401k. Good ESPP since SIVB stock usually go up. Friendly work environment and have a lot of smart people.

ConsPolitic and favor. It happens in all of corporation. Some people don't know to play game and end up they don't get what they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementObviously you keep doing whatever you have been done, so far the business grows.

wonderful culture - great place to work

Proslove working with the diverse set of clients

Consfast paced environment - need to be able to handle the challenges

Great place for contractors as well

ProsBeautiful surroundings. Professional people. Everyone I work with is genuinely nice and cooperative.

ConsI am a temp so this does not really apply to me. I think people work very hard here and overtime as well so free time may be an issue for some.

Top company, great appreciation for employees.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing senior management. Fun, edgy company. Small enough for your accomplishments to be noticed and appreciated. Gives back to the community.

ConsHeadquarters has a stiff environment.

Great Place to work if you are in IT

Pros-Well compensated
    -Strong CIO
    -Mature governance models
    -Stong Engineering group
    -Not a place for entitled workers--yes, thats a good thing!

Cons-Can be management heavy in our compliance areas (but we are a bank..)
    -Growing pains in some areas in IT and company
    -Some groups do not seem to be working/caring as much as others

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good direction, make changes were they need to be made. Its a great company to work for!

Very exciting industry / great co-workers

ProsGreat people
    Brand
    Exciting Industry focus
    Great benefits

Consvery political
    people in management positions that aren't trained to be managers
    people are rewarded for "drinking the kool-aid"

Worked for Silicon Valley Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Silicon Valley Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Silicon Valley Bank CEO Greg Becker. All 99 reviews posted anonymously by Silicon Valley Bank employees.