SilkRoad Technology

SilkRoad Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014

SilkRoad Technology President & CEO John Shackleton

John Shackleton

Pros
  • Flexible work schedule/work from home opportunity (in 14 reviews)

• Able to maintain a good work/life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • After onboarding, no training and no ongoing training opportunities (in 7 reviews)

• There is no training provided, very little onboarding, no career development, no raises, no bonuses, no 401k matching (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Top Notch Professionalism

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIf you want to be treated like a professional and an adult, this is the company to work for. Your schedule is yours to manage as long as you take care of your clients. You have unlimited PTO and flexibility. The administrative staff is very helpful and everyone treats one another with dignity and respect. The company is making a lot of changes that I believe are positive. Communication is improving especially in the area of Product Development. The contracts in Sales used to be horrible, but over the last 6-8 months they have vastly improved. They have a great product for small-medium organization and large not overly complex organizations.

ConsLike most companies trying to go Public there are a lot of unknowns, but no job is guaranteed today. Communication between departments can be a challenge when you are new, but once you learn who to go to things come together. I wish we had the old logo back, but things change. Employees who have been with the company for awhile may not like the increased reporting and accountability, but again that is normal in most companies. Products need to be enhanced to support larger and more complex clients.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the culture of the company change. The fact that the company is a little informal and treats one another like family is a BIG reason I came to the company. Continue to treat your employees like professionals and continue to share the direction the company is going in and why.

Great team members, great culture, wait-and-see with new leadership

ProsIt's a very friendly, open and respectful culture, probably the most employee-friendly culture I've worked in. The company is loaded with talented, passionate professionals who, throughout the organization, are great to work with. A very flexible approach to how, when, and where the work is accomplished for many of the company's jobs. Rewarding work as many individuals have direct impact on the products and/or customers. You can really feel that your efforts do make a difference here.

ConsThough I'm optimistic about the strategies being implemented, there are many new members in senior management, so there is a feeling of wait-and-see what they do with the company going forward.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let the friendly, close-knit environment get away. Continue to let employees use their creativity to do their jobs. Keep the Village Hall meetings going on a regular basis.

Great company, embarking on a great adventure; FINALLY

ProsNew CEO focused on building a strong, integrated company, with a strong foundation. Return to customer focus and keeping promises. Finally getting rid of dead weight (product strategy and people) that has been plaguing the company for years.

ConsA lot of changes, CEO can be too blunt for some. Too decentralized in location for development teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep driving us forward, but don't make the same mistakes as old leadership...Open Text history, should not be your roadmap to SilkRoad's future.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Opportunity

Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGreat team and work environment. Great opportunity to grow within the company and develop your career. No micro-management and flexible PTO policy. Fun yearly office events. Limited travel in a sales role.

ConsThere are no downsides to work at SilkRoad. It is a great company to work for and develop your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to share the direction of the company.

SilkRoad is the place to be

ProsStrong new leadership
    Excellent support structure in place for customer success
    Innovative enhancements to products

ConsNone at this time. I have worked at several software companies and have several contacts in the industry. SilkRoad has a support structure for the customers and employees that is second to none.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the recent path put in place. It is focused on customer success and this is what matters most.

Exciting, for Self-Starters

Regional Sales Director (Current Employee)

ProsInnovative, no micro-management, exciting technology space to be in.

ConsLow salary, no matching 401k.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore Town Hall Meetings / more inclusion as to what is happening at the management level.

Very Nice Experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat co-workers, work life balance.

ConsCan't think of anything right now.

"Very Good Company , Wish this company will achieve great things in future"

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFun environment, great perks, brilliant people, very friendly and helpful, awesome office locations.

ConsSomewhat Disorganized, "Not Aggressive Sales Team ", Lack of "Product Knowledge"

Advice to Senior ManagementSales team should be more aggressive in order to sell our product and get more clients.

Work Happy is the way of life at SilkRoad

Account Management (Current Employee)

ProsWork Life Balance!
    Being treated like a professional and I knowing what is expected of me.
    My ideas and opinion count.
    Having the opportunity to grow in my career and continue to enhance my potential.
    I find meaning in my work and like knowing that I am apart of SilkRoad's growth.

ConsWorked here 2 years and drawing a blank for a Con. I am sure there is something, what company doesn't have a con. Sorry.

SilkRoad Technology Response

May 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at SilkRoad. We will continue to strive to ensure that all employees have a positive experience and can "work happy"!

Three weeks into my employment with SilkRoad

ProsThe recruiting and onboarding process are very smooth with a quick turnaround time. The work environment is very flexible and allows me to balance my work and home life better than any other employer that I have worked for. My team is great and even though I work remotely, I always feel connected and very comfortable with asking any questions I have.

ConsTraining process could be a bit more defined.

Worked for SilkRoad Technology? Contribute to the Community!