Silver Star Brands

Be The First To
Add Photos

Vicki Updike

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent culture across the board

ConsNone really - great company and culture.

Gained experience in call center mgmt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWilling to give opportunity to learn and experience all phases of the call center organization.

ConsTurn over too high, low pay

A place to grow

Manager (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsWhen I started here, I had no intention of staying longer than a few weeks - I was only looking for an interum job. I stayed because the people I work with are dedicated hard working people and everyone is very supportive of each other. Since I started with the company, I have had the opportunity to move up into new positions and I have had a lot of great mentors along the way.

ConsI wish that some of the hiring managers were a bit more agressive in getting people out the door when they are not committed to the team and company. There are a number of departments that are very focused on having the right people with the right attitude, but there are also some that need some improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe dramatic, be courageous, give our company it's soul.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, culture and people

Team Member (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsI really like the culture of collaboration and accountability.

ConsVery fast paced, can be hard to stay focused at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, it's working

Silver Star Brands Reviews

Customer Retention Manager (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsTeam members are encouraged to voice their opinions and are heard. There is a lot of opportunity to learn new things and to grow.

ConsMust be able to work in a fast pace environment and be willing to be held accountable. Expectations are high on performance, but team member participation in projects is welcomed and looked positively upon.

A great opportunity

Manager (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsSilver Star Brands (Miles Kimball) is a rapidly evolving company. We need to change from Catalog-only to multi-channel. And if see the value in this shift, you will have a great time helping. Most people are very nice and committed to help you succeed in your job.

ConsTime pressure. There is a lot to accomplish on everyone's plate.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused. Communicate frequently. But I think they're doing great.

I like my job. I like my coworkers.

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsEveryone has multiple job responsibilities and has their hands in many different areas so the opportunity to be involved with different things keeps work exciting and busy.

ConsLean company structure so the opportunity for advancement isn't prevalent. Company isn't as technologically current as we should/could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between departments and within individual teams so we're kept aware of everything going on.

"Great Culture and Environment where you are encouraged to take Ownership"!

Manager (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsSilver Star Brands has a defined set of Cultural Beliefs where all employees are encouraged to have a voice and take ownership.
    As a Multi Channel Company, there are many opportunities to drive results.

ConsLike any company, there are some people who do not follow the culture and principles.
    The management of the company cannot be responsible for everyone's behavior, but they can recognize it when it exits, and remind people what makes our company strong.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue with the Cultural beliefs, for all to take ownership and encourage employees to follow the KIXS program. There needs to be more cross-functional meetings. They can be once a quater. This will help break down silos.
    Continue to add opportunities for training.

Clueless management

Merchandising (Former Employee)

ProsFair PTO and average health/dental benefits. They started immediately which was nice that you didn't have to wait. My co-workers in my immediate department were nice.

ConsUpper management is clueless to what is going on in the marketplace. They will throw all there energy into a project only to scrap it after wasting numerous peoples time. HR doesn't address issues when they are brought to their attention like verbally abusive co-worker.

Great culture and people, you really can make a difference here!

Team Leader (Current Employee) Oshkosh, WI

ProsI love the casual yet professional environment and team culture. I have the ability to interact with all departments, and I've learned so much about the total company. This open environment and cross-functional work culture enables me to learn and contribute at a higher level. If you want to put in the effort to make a difference, this is an exceptional company to be able to make a difference and build a career.

ConsMediocre performance is not ok, and coaching occurs to help a person improve, or move out.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep a strong and ongoing communication dialogue with everyone, it is much appreciated. Continue your support of training and ongoing development. I really appreciate the ongoing training support from the company.

Worked for Silver Star Brands? Contribute to the Community!