SilverFern Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.9
James Brock

The Silverfern experience will teach you many valuable traits that can be applied to several different scenarios.

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

Pros

The office atmosphere is very enjoyable and friendly. It's also an informative training process; teaching you many skills that can and will be applied to everyday life. Whether or not you stay with Silverfern, you will get something out of the experience.

Cons

Not for the faint-hearted. If you're looking for a mindless job where you can punch in for 8 hours, do a meaningless task, and then punch out and go home; Silverfern is probably not for you. But, if you're looking for somewhere where your work ethic will determine your income and personal growth is important to you, then Silverfern may be right up your alley.

2. Never Got Paid

Former Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at SilverFern full-time

Pros

Strong sales practices but you can work anywhere in SALES and get paid REAL money.

Cons

I was never paid for my time at SilverFern. After reading these reviews I realize that this seems to be a common thing. I completed training, passed both my background check and drug test the FIRST time, and closed 11 contracts but was never paid FOR ANY OF IT! On top of that, I had to drive back and forth wasting gas and adding miles to my vehicle. The whole experience was awful. Do yourself a favor and get a REAL job with REAL benefits that pays REAL money. They claim they "mail" any checks that aren't physically picked up but I never received anything. In fact I was told by the CEO at the time that "check was voided because I never went to pick it up." Any REAL business mails checks. Unless you like to walk for hours, drive around (or take public transportation) for hours, and not get paid, then this is the job for you.

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES!

Account Rep - Decent entry level opportunity so far

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked anywhere where the employees were all decent, hardworking, genuine individuals. These people are relentless with their drive and work ethic, and really forced me to step up my game within the first few days of employment. Management staff has over 25 years of combined experience, so I'm pretty sure I can learn a lot if I stick around. Pay is uncapped, which I LOVE.

Cons

Work-life balance seems like it can be tricky if you have a family, but it seems people are able to do it successfully. Have seen some turnover do to former employees causing some drama and stirring the pot (mostly on here), but that happens in most companies, especially in sales or customer service based roles. I ignored some of the other posts I saw on here and am glad I did.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. My only advice would be to set aside more time when everyone is in the office to have 1 on 1 meetings.

The behavior that is tolerated at SilverFern is disappointing and unacceptable for any professional environment.

Former Employee - Sales Acquisition Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Acquisition Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Door to door sales ("marketing") from 12:00 to 8:00 pm 5-6 days a week is what this position entails. If you enjoy the extreme elements Chicago has to offer or asking strangers for personal information on their doorstep, this is the job for you.

Cons

Management is unworthy of authority. If you're a female, you will be subject to inappropriate comments, lingering looks and unwanted body language. Repeatedly. Upon vocalizing your concern, you will be shamed and treated cruely. If you're a male with any respect for women, you'll soon be made aware of this behavior aswell.

Advice to Management

Do not continue to mislead vulnerable applicants and employees into believing that you have something to offer them.

SilverFern Response

May 18, 2015 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your time with our organization. The sort of behavior you described experiencing sounds borderline to be in ... More

Learned a lot, Made good friends.

Former Employee - Lead Executicve in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Executicve in Chicago, IL

I worked at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a family atmosphere there that made it a very fun and energetic experience. I Loved that there was an emphasis on philanthropy and helping others. and the best perk of all is starting work in the afternoon, it gave me the whole morning to do anything I needed for the day!

Cons

Sometimes customers are rude and that can get frustrating.

Not for the weak hearted

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SilverFern full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training program is focused on developing management skills and career advancement. Work ethic required to advance, there is no room for anything but 100% effort -Advancement -Transferable Skills -Budgeting -Administration -Training -Interviewing -Mentor-ship -Competitive - Work environment - Charity

Cons

Work ethic is noticed, no room to slack off

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

VERY high turnover, CEO Derek is a gossip.

Former Employee - Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met some great people there and absolutely NONE of them were assistant managers or above. Management is a joke.

Cons

Well over 40hrs that you are NOT properly compensated for and a 6 day week. You are expected to work from 11:30am to about 9pm during the week and from 10 to 3-6 on Saturdays. They lie and tell you that it is 40hrs a week but you are expected to be there MUCH more than than. Not including weekly team nights which are also, not optional no matter what you are being told. The CEO Derek is a perv and if you are a woman, he will definitely make you uncomfortable. Derek will create personal vendettas against other employees and start gossip/rumors. I have NEVER worked for a company where the CEO finds this type of behavior acceptable. The pay is very inconsistent, and while you are training you make a total of $0. This is the reason the turnover rate is so unbelievably high.

Advice to Management

Behave professionally and stop acting like a child with hurt feelings all the time DEREK. Also, be more honest about the time expectations of the job. It IS more that 40 hours a week and Saturdays are NOT a "half day".

Customer acquisition specialist

Current Employee - Customer Acquisition Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Acquisition Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-real life communications/sales/management experience -growth opportunities -good environment with helpful coworkers

Cons

Strong work ethic required, not for the type of people that just want a random job

When the calf becomes a bull

I have been working at SilverFern full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great work environment, peers, growth potential and Transferable skills

Cons

100% focus every minute of everyday

Advice to Management

Showing the benefits of what we do early on in office.

Unlike any company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SilverFern full-time

Pros

Positive energy hydrates the air the minute you step into atmosphere

Cons

I m not there now its the weekend!!!

Advice to Management

Keep dong what you are doing.

RSS Feed </> Embed