Silverado Reviews in Belmont, CA

3.5

Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook

Pros
  • you get the opportunity to make a difference every time you go to work (in 6 reviews)

• The atmosphere with the kids and pets is incredible (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • The only word that perfectly describes the Home Office atmosphere is (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management with no knowledge of marketing becomes involved in the sale process (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Worked full time for 4 years

Current Employee - Staff in Belmont, CA
    Current Employee - Staff in Belmont, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time

Pros

There are no pros that I can think of.

Cons

High staff turn over. Management fires an average of 10-15 care staff a year. Its all for profit and severely understaffed, not enough caregivers for Dementia residents that requires more care and attention.

Live by your motto.

Silverado Response

Jan 17, 2014Human Resources

As a current associate with more than four years of service, we want to thank you for your dedication to enriching the lives of our residents, clients and patients in the Belmont/Bay Area community ... More

Residents give you lots of love, but management treats you very poorly.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Belmont, CA

I worked at Silverado full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents are the reason you work there. The smiles on their faces and the love they reciprocate towards you is the best feeling! It doesn't feel like work when you're spending time with people you love.

Cons

The senior administrator is cold, unfriendly, unapproachable, intimidating, and never smiles. Not the qualities you would expect from someone in such a position. The management really does not demonstrate appreciation for the hard work you do. That appreciation comes from the residents and their families.

I would advise the management to concentrate on their community, instead of sending half the management teams to help out other Silverados.