Silverado Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.4

Silverado President, Chairman & CEO Loren B. Shook
Loren B. Shook

I feel like I make a difference

I have been working at Silverado

Pros

The people are great! Everyone is friendly and supportive and I really feel like I'm making a difference. Leadership encourages personal growth and well-being. Love how Home Office associates are encouraged to visit communities and other locations.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Be open to new ideas

Most rewarding and fulfeeling job

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company of Integrity
    Really imbrace LOVE > fear:
    Silverado aligns with my core values are
    Allows you to be who you are
    Company that listens
    Believe in growing you in your carrer

LOVE: Allows you to love all you incounters: Able to have true conversations
    INNOVATION: Listens to ideas to Make Silverado the best of the best: Truly World Class!
    FAMILY: Very important to have family involved and support family, from our resident's family to all associate family
    ENGAGEMENT: Allow you to engage with our residents to give them a more quality of life and associate are engaged with what they do & how they do it. True sense of pride and ownership.

Get/Give: Silverado wants you to get more than you have to give.

Truly allows you to make a difference

Cons

Not a thing! Keep it up!

Keep doing what you're doing!

I have a sense of pride working for a company who believe in what we do and believe in me.

Best job I have ever had

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The home office, the residents, and the engagement. The communities are beautiful and the residents lives are changed. Lots of growth opportunities and support.

Cons

Getting too close to the residents and patients and seeing their disease progress. Compensation is more than fair given all of the food and engagement but this could always be an area of improvement.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

I am so glad to hear that this is the best job you have ever had! Thank you for your 5+ years of service to those we serve.

If there are any specific areas of improvement you would like to
    ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my job and the company - glad to be doing something good in the world!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

The biggest perk of this job is helping families and this is by far the best job I have ever had. I look forward to going to work everyday and I appreciate the very high standards that are expected of every associate. The culture is amazing and I see it being practiced all the way to the top. Hard workers are rewarded and if you want to grow in your career, there are programs and support available. I feel that I am valued as a part of the team and I can always talk to my manager if I have issues. It is a friendly and loving environment.

Cons

Some of the operations and systems could be improved or updated, but I think that will happen over time and as the company grows. The benefits are a bit pricey.

401K could be improved and vacation time could be increased or maybe have a couple more national holidays added to time off. Make decisions sooner about associates that are poor performers. Sometimes these people are kept in their job for a long time which puts more work on others and causes frustration and resentment.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for your service to our residents, client, patients and their families. I believe we all come to Silverado for more than just a job. We come here for the opportunity help families in need ... More

Home Away From Home

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alhambra, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family Oriented, Great Benefits! Room for Personal Growth, You go home feeling good, knowing you've made a difference in the lives of others. You definately get more than what you give working at Silverado.

Cons

No Challenges. Every day is a blessing.

Yearly Town Hall Meetings are a great way to stay connected Sr. Executives.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

It is so great to hear that you are getting so much out of being a Silverado associate. There are very few companies out there that take the time to allow associates to connect to the executive team ... More

Used to be a better company to work for prior to all it's growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Silverado part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The residents, the families and most floor staff.

Cons

Expect you to work long hours and not great with compensation with time off if you work over your 43.86 hours a week that is expected of leadership. They used to really be a company with high morals, that lived by its standards and Love over fear, but that is no longer the case. It all comes from fear and if you do contact HR thru the 800 number and tell them your name or even if you do not they record your voice and report it to your supervisor and then they find some reason to get back at you. It is so sad because there are so many associates that really care for the residents and families but corporate only cares about making money and the census and not the residents or families or its associates. As much as it says it does, and that you can talk freely at town hall or to leadership, you can not with out retaliation. It is best to just do your job, love the residents and family and keep your thoughts and opinions to yourself, because if you voice any concerns you are on their black list and will not last long.

Walk the walk and do not always just trust your leadership team members word for it, but interview the whole team when a situation arises. Follow your company values and live the LOVE>fear motto, because when you come down for announced visits all it is prior to the visit is fear fear fear for days. make pop in visits and at off times and weekends and talk to floor staff and families. Then also talk to leadership one to one and not just floor staff during town halls. Surprise visits would really open your eyes to what your communities really feel like. Your panned HR responses to this is funny we will see if you really take any of my suggestions.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

We absolutely agree that the best part of working at Silverado is helping those we serve, their families and our associates. I would like to address a few of the comments that you made in your post ... More

Great place to work

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Silverado is a company that really gives as much to their associates as they do to our clients/residents/patients. I have had the opportunity to impact their lives and the lives of their families. I have had so many opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally.

I enjoy every member of the team. They are always available to talk to and help me out.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for leaving your review. When we look back at our leaders, 75% of the leadership team at Silverado have been promoted from within. We have found that supporting our associates to become ... More

Like a family!

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture here is one of the best I have been a part of. The people I work with are like family and truly care about each other. The atmosphere with the kids and pets is incredible. Many Senior executives have started out in the field and have not forgotten what it's like to be there. It's a culture of storytelling which allows everyone to feel connected to what we do in each service line.

Cons

I'd like to see more focus around training in the Home Office. I know there is a training done in the field on dementia and other areas that we service and I think that people in the Home Office could benefit from that as well.

Sep 8, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Being a family one is one of many things that makes Silverado a great place to work. At the Home Office, the leadership teams take every opportunity to work in the field and understand the different ... More

Compassionate, caring company

I worked at Silverado full-time

Pros

Company leaders are truly passionate and dedicated to company mission of "enriching lives." Company culture is supportive and enriching for employees and customers. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and engaged with residents and families. Employees can bring their children to work to interact with the residents. Interacting with the Alzheimer's and dementia residents is very rewarding.

Cons

Work-Life balance can be hard to achieve in a business that is open 24/7. Stress can be very high, it is a very demanding job both physically and emotionally.

Aug 19, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

Thank you for sharing your story. It is always so rewarding to hear about our associate’s stories and how they were able to live out our mission during their time at Silverado.

Work-life balance
    ... More

I love knowing that we are improving the quality of life of our residents every day.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Silverado full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone is passionate about what they're doing no matter what role they're in, as it results in the quality of care for our residents. The culture is very unique and special. It is a supportive, and team and family oriented workplace. We have an open door policy, and we have kids and pets in our workplace. I love the fact that after I started working here, I was able to refer Silverado's At Home services to my grandfather who is now under their care part time. It makes me happy to know that I was in the right place at the right time to help him find the care that he needs.

Cons

I would like to see us get paid if we get called for jury duty.

Aug 19, 2014Sr. Director of Employee Relations and Recruiting

No matter what your role at Silverado, at the end of the day we are all supporting the love and care we provide to our residents, clients and patients. Hearing a child laugh and having a pet approach ... More

Worked for Silverado? Contribute to the Community!