Silverleaf Resorts

Updated August 20, 2014
Updated August 20, 2014

2.7

Thomas J. Morris

Pros
  • You get paid weekly and you get to attend cool events for free (in 4 reviews)

• Supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and great work/life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • In other words, if you work 8 hours in a day, they expect you to have 3-4 sales minimum (in 3 reviews)

• One of the biggest downsides is working long hours in the summertime (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Very Happy Here!

Current Employee - Promotions Representative  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Promotions Representative in Albany, NY

Pros

Flexible schedule, they schedule me baded on my availability. Great wage, entry level position (promotions agent) stars at $12 per hour. No experience necessary. Easy job, just come to work in a good mood and have fun with your customers. Great bosses. Our Director is the nicest boss ever. Even tho he is upper management he makes us all feel important and we all have his cell phone # if we ever need anything from him.

Cons

If the weather is bad some outside events can get cancelled. (Who wants to work when it is raining anyway)

None so far. I am happy here. .Every step from the day the hr lady called me up til now has been a positive experience. I even have a few friends that I am going to see if they want to work here too .

The Tyler Marketing team is more than a Team but a work family.

Current Employee - OPC Marketing  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - OPC Marketing in Tyler, TX

Pros

I enjoy working with a dynamic and devoted Marketing team. The events in the east texas area are exciting to attend and everyone works hard. Not only do we have full support from our Director, but she also is dedicated and motivated to keep the team strong. The workplace is positive and the money is awesome too. Great place to work if you want to make money and have a blast at work.

Cons

Must have reliable transportation to work here.

Keep improving the team in the Tyler Market. Hire the best.

Summer Job/ Sales experience

Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The people are great at Silverleaf, I looked forward to seeing my co-workers everyday. Work schedule was also very flexible.

Cons

This is not an easy job. The premiss is simple enough but the execution is difficult. Be prepared to fail 90% of the time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for the right person!

Current Employee - Field Recruiting  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Atlanta, GA

Pros

- Flexible schedules
    - Open door policy (can sit down with management - Atlanta office)
    - Weekly pay + commission (can make a lot of money)
    - Small business feel (no corporate environment)
    - Access to fun events
    - Opportunity for growth
    - Bonuses
    - Great team environment

This company is designed for those that can work at a fast pace and can overcome moments of boredom. Event Sales Agents and Event Marketing Reps need to be people with lively personalities and people who can quickly overcome their fears. As a Recruiting Intern, I face much of the same. I have to be lively and unafraid, in order to recruit quality candidates for my company. Other than that, I love my experiences here, best company and Director ever.

Cons

- No clear steps from PT to FT
    - Training programs and some management need help
    - Competition

Aside from the HR Management and Director of Marketing, the other managers could use some help. The managers aren't the best at coaching or developing their teams (Event Sales Agent/Event Marketing Rep). If you are a person that is able to work despite being given clear instructions then, go for it.

Accept responsibility for your short comings and develop a strong team to make this a place where people want to work. Lead by example.

Growing company with room for individuality

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

*Great work/life balance
    *Support and trust from Upper Management
    *Interact with people daily
    *Relaxed office culture
    *Bonuses for good performance
    *Contest and incentives

This is the first company I've been employed at that I had the opportunity to think outside of the box and for my ideas to be accepted. Corporate supports my decisions and encourages new ideas. I am happy to go to work each day and love the ability to be mentally creative.

Cons

*Lack of structure with management
    *Communication is inconsistent between Management

There needs to be more policy and structure communicated to the employees. There also needs to be a stronger training program for the Event Marketing Promo Reps. It sometimes feels as if they are being thrown into the field prematurely.

Good place to earn money quickly, bad work environment.

Former Employee - Phone Reply  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Phone Reply in Dallas, TX

Pros

Paid weekly and somewhat of a fun atmosphere . There were also fun contests and events. Fridays were casual.

Cons

All employees had a bad work ethic, including the management. There was too much gossip. Also, there was too pressure put on the reps, especially if there was little to no production. The lead sheets were rigged to where only the favorites were able to book sets.

A great sales experience

Current Employee - Opc Sales Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Opc Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

Flexible hours
    High commission
    excellent sales experience

Cons

Commission determined primarily on what events you are scheduled for
    Long commutes

try to have some more training before letting reps into the field

Intergrity

Former Employee - Lead Generator  in  Middletown, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Generator in Middletown, NY

Pros

Free Polo
    $12 starting
    Good college job

Cons

No training at all
    Expected to lie to make a deal
    Terrible managers / supervisors
    Management has no integrity
    Favoritism
    Long commutes to events.
    No fuel reimbursement
    Canceling shifts half way through to save the company money.

I understand this type of direct marketing and outside sales. If management would take the time to educate everyone on their roles, they wouldn't have such a high turnover rate. Also management should take a step back and reevaluate their moral's as telling lead generators and sales reps to lie is just down right disgusting. Take employee's locations into consideration when scheduling events as an hour and a half commute is a tad bit ridiculous.

Also don't wrestle with employees and exchange sexually proactive material while working at the sales table. It is sexual harassment and simply unprofessional. Don't lie to employees about the leads and sales generators, we are smarter than the average bear.

Develop an effective training program that will educate Lead Generators and Sales Representatives on their assigned tasks and duties. Make sure all the information that you provide during the interview process is truthful an accurate.

College student job

Pros

Decent money for someone who is in school

Easy money

Cons

Terrible hours
    No weekends off
    Lack of communication
    Management is horrible, there is no structure
    Use a lot of gas driving to events an hour to an hour and a half away to get there and have to pay for parking. No reimbursing!! Straight out of your own pocket.
    High turnover rate for a reason

Communicate better

Outside sales rep

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

Pros

You can make some money if you send a whole bunch of business in. You can expect to get paid on less than half. But you can make a decent buck.

Cons

Past experiences with silverleaf taint current sales opportunities. Shark pit, every man for himself. Male dominated management. Sexual harassment prevails among the troops, even from management. Mysterious credit scores and other "reasons" to cancel business you send in seriously affect paycheck.

Change the culture. Expect something more than numbers from your employees - and don't treat them like a number.

Worked for Silverleaf Resorts? Contribute to the Community!