Silverleaf Resorts

Silverleaf Resorts Reviews

Updated December 17, 2014
Updated December 17, 2014

Thomas J. Morris

Pros
  • You get paid weekly and you get to attend cool events for free (in 4 reviews)

• Supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • pressure to sell, pervy supervisors (in 3 reviews)

• One of the biggest downsides is working long hours in the summertime (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts

Pros

Great income considering how easy the work is, friendly co-workers, beautiful location (like working at a country club).

Cons

Managers are closers but if they fail to close a sale, you get yelled at.
    There are no real opportunities for promotions even though everyone hears "If you do well, you will be a manager!"
    You have to work every Saturday and Sunday.
    The director sometimes plays with the lineup so you may or may not get the tour you are supposed to.

Commission sales is better when management is not always negative about everything. Especially when we have to miss weekends with our kids, try motivating us rather than telling us we did well last week but yesterday we did horrible!

Nothing stays the same.

Former Employee - Collections in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - Collections in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts

Pros

bonus structure is ok, nice trips (when offered)

Cons

Comp structure changes too much, management constantly shuffles people around, schedules can be changed with hardly any notice, goals always seem to be increased to unreachable numbers, unrealistic expectations

Be consistent with bonus structure, quit switching reps team to team. Allow reps reasonable goals to make bonus.

One of the best places to work

Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Pantego, TX
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Pantego, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is amazing.

Cons

People can get angry a lot with you

It's one of the best places to work for

An experience I will not forget

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time

Pros

You can learn many jobs within different departments. There is always training but could use more one on one training to improve individual goals . Company values mean different things depending on the individual.

Cons

Long hours at times. Some managers feel that family is very important if you have personal issues to attend to. Not a lot of promoting.

Promote and advance individuals who do dedicate themselves more than others.

Keep it part-time

Current Employee - Promotional Greeter in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Promotional Greeter in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I make about as much as a minimum wage worker would make within 40 hours in half that amount of time. I also get to meet all kinds of people. Being able to embrace the public is crucial in this position! Being able to work with different sales representatives every day also keeps having to go to the same locations fresh.

Cons

Recognition isn't payed to those who work for quality leads. Instead, Silverleaf Resorts recognizes and gives more hours to those who get a greater amount of leads. And weekends, the most productive times for greeters, are only given to new, inexperienced employees.

Get to know the greeters in a more professional manner, and be a little stricter when it comes to hiring people for certain qualities. If this job is to be taken seriously, hire more people that consider this job seriously.

okay experience

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts

Pros

good pay, diverse, career advancement

Cons

pressure to sell, pervy supervisors

Silverleaf Resorts Response

Oct 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We want all of our employees to feel respected in the workplace, please email us at hr@silverleafresorts.com and we will investigate the matter further.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay if you are selling

Cons

not consistent pay, Commission base pay

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of nice people

Cons

Too much to type so I won't go there

Good luck with the unqualified people

If you like harassing people and will do anything to cheat the system working here is a breeze.

Former Employee - PRP Representative in Pantego, TX
    Former Employee - PRP Representative in Pantego, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working here is great if you are younger to get your feet wet in a call center.

Cons

The hours, the upper leadership, and the bonus structure make working here trying, nothing is ever as it seems.

Learn to listen to your employees and treat them as though you appreciate them. Stop rewarding those who cheat the system and helping them do it because at the end of the day your company will close. Rules are set in place for reasons and should not be bent because you can't lead a successful team.

Give Your All - You'll See the Payoff

Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for just about 3 years now and I can honestly say I have developed so much as an individual as well as in my professional career. Silverleaf Resorts has provided me with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the timeshare business from entry level field work to running the marketing office. I have received nothing but compassion and motivation from my Director of Marketing in the NYK market. Scott is an amazing boss to work for and has helped me more than any employer I have ever worked for in my career.

-Flexibility
    -Caring office staff and managers
    -On the job training
    -Not only will you improve your selling skills with this line of work, but the staff does all they can to break you out of your shell and become a stronger, more indepedent individual
    -If you work your butt off you will reap the rewards

Cons

-This job is NOT for everyone. If you are lazy, content with busy work, or otherwise unengaged while at work - this is not for you. This job is for HUNGRY & dedicated individuals that are constantly looking to make more money.

If more low producers & problem employees were weeded out on a regular basis it would improve the reputation of the company a whole lot.

Silverleaf Resorts Photos