Silverleaf Resorts

Silverleaf Resorts Reviews

Updated October 26, 2014
Updated October 26, 2014

Thomas J. Morris

Pros
  • You get paid weekly and you get to attend cool events for free (in 4 reviews)

• Supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • pressure to sell, pervy supervisors (in 3 reviews)

• High turnover rate for a reason (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

okay experience

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts

Pros

good pay, diverse, career advancement

Cons

pressure to sell, pervy supervisors

Oct 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We want all of our employees to feel respected in the workplace, please email us at hr@silverleafresorts.com and we will investigate the matter further.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good pay if you are selling

Cons

not consistent pay, Commission base pay

If you like harassing people and will do anything to cheat the system working here is a breeze.

Former Employee - PRP Representative in Pantego, TX
    Former Employee - PRP Representative in Pantego, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working here is great if you are younger to get your feet wet in a call center.

Cons

The hours, the upper leadership, and the bonus structure make working here trying, nothing is ever as it seems.

Learn to listen to your employees and treat them as though you appreciate them. Stop rewarding those who cheat the system and helping them do it because at the end of the day your company will close. Rules are set in place for reasons and should not be bent because you can't lead a successful team.

Give Your All - You'll See the Payoff

Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for just about 3 years now and I can honestly say I have developed so much as an individual as well as in my professional career. Silverleaf Resorts has provided me with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the timeshare business from entry level field work to running the marketing office. I have received nothing but compassion and motivation from my Director of Marketing in the NYK market. Scott is an amazing boss to work for and has helped me more than any employer I have ever worked for in my career.

-Flexibility
    -Caring office staff and managers
    -On the job training
    -Not only will you improve your selling skills with this line of work, but the staff does all they can to break you out of your shell and become a stronger, more indepedent individual
    -If you work your butt off you will reap the rewards

Cons

-This job is NOT for everyone. If you are lazy, content with busy work, or otherwise unengaged while at work - this is not for you. This job is for HUNGRY & dedicated individuals that are constantly looking to make more money.

If more low producers & problem employees were weeded out on a regular basis it would improve the reputation of the company a whole lot.

Good job to gain experience.

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts part-time

Pros

Open availability, and great people. Also, chance for commission. The recruiter and secretary in Atlanta were cool.

Cons

the work in the malls and locations get boring but you are able to move up from that, Pay is not really worth gas money to get from place to place every other day.

Oct 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry you felt that some of the locations were boring! We try to ensure that all of our staff gets equal opportunity to earn great pay at various events.

Be ready to become a SHARK if going into sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Even though the sales positions are strictly commission the compensation is great...If the deal doesn't kick. You get to be a part of some very cool events, have the opportunity to travel and work nationwide at resort locations. If you're entry level stepping into your career you can gain killer experience in the type of people you want to work with and the ones you do not, you can learn to read people and use that to your future career advantage. The money is addictive if you continue to stay at the top of the line.

Cons

Majority of the individuals that work in sales at least management are snakes, unprofessional environment, favoritism, poor leadership and management. If you want to stay focused and motivated then don't talk to anyone to let them vomit their negativity on you. Long work hours, weekends and holidays. If you do not make the in crowd or are not an attractive female consider yourself cut unless your sales are through the roof without kicking. As most sales jobs are you are trained to up sell your product however, selling and lying are two different things and if you do your homework on these programs what you are trained to present and how and what it actually is are very different.

Take some management and leadership classes if you truly want to be a manager so you can motivate your team to reach better goals. Screaming at people doesn't want to make them work any harder. For the most part most of the managers are the only ones that need to be managed themselves.

Excellent Company to Work For - Very Happy Working Here

Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Flexible schedules
    - Weekly pay + commission (can make a lot of money)
    - Benefits Offered if Full-Time
    - Small business feel even though working for a large successful company
    - Access to fun events
    - Opportunity for growth
    - Bonuses
    - Great team environment
    -Great Work-Life Balance

As another Recruiting Intern wrote and I agree with her: This company is designed for those that can work at a fast pace and also can overcome moments of boredom. Event Sales Agents and Event Marketing Reps need to be people with lively personalities and people who can quickly overcome their fears. Those employees in these positions need to be outgoing and feel comfortable engaging and speaking with all types of people. As a Recruiting Intern, I face much of the same. I have to be lively and unafraid, in order to recruit quality candidates for my company. Other than that, I love my experiences here, best company, Director, and Field Marketing Recruiter ever!!!

Cons

Although the commission may appear or seem hard to obtain since it is a salary vs. commission pay base, it is actually not difficult to obtain at all if you come to work and do the best that you can.
    Because there is a $12 base rate for Event Marketing Promotion Representatives or if commission accumulated is higher, I do not believe there are any cons to the pay at all.

No advice thus far, the Field Marketing Recruiter for NY Terri Hiltz is my direct supervisor whom I report directly to and she is really wonderful to work for. She is motivating, encouraging, very fair, and has such a positive attitude and energy.

The Tyler market is the place to be for a EXCITING and incredibly REWARDING place to work!

Current Employee - OPC in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - OPC in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The ability to earn an uncapped income is incredibly motivating! If you enjoy laughing and having fun this is the place to work! Most everyone welcomes you with love and support and that's what makes this company stand out from the rest! Did I also mention UNCAPPED commission?! I look forward to going to work daily! I had no sales experience and with the help from everyone in just a month I was doing great! This new director is hands on and right there every step of the way! I'm so happy I found this company!

Cons

I'd traveling sometimes gets aggravating however as soon as I get there and book tours all is GOOD! This job does require working weekends so get ready to record your FOOTBALL games ;)

The best advice I have is make sure "ALL EMPLOYEES" are team players!

Oct 29, 2014

We are happy to know you are having a great experience with Silverleaf Resorts!

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Conroe, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of nice people

Cons

Too much to type so I won't go there

Good luck with the unqualified people

worked there

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

good pay flexibility nice people
    helpful coworkers

Cons

pressure
    too much driving
    they don't always get your paycheck right

Oct 29, 2014

Thank you for your feedback! It is always great to hear about the experiences our employees have with their coworkers. If there was an issue with a paycheck we would love to investigate the matter ... More

Silverleaf Resorts Photos