Silverleaf Resorts

Silverleaf Resorts Reviews

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014

Thomas J. Morris

Pros
  • You get paid weekly and you get to attend cool events for free (in 4 reviews)

• Supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • pressure to sell, pervy supervisors (in 3 reviews)

• One of the biggest downsides is working long hours in the summertime (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

One of the best places to work

Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Pantego, TX
    Former Employee - Appointment Setter in Pantego, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The pay is amazing.

Cons

People can get angry a lot with you

It's one of the best places to work for

Give Your All - You'll See the Payoff

Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for this company for just about 3 years now and I can honestly say I have developed so much as an individual as well as in my professional career. Silverleaf Resorts has provided me with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the timeshare business from entry level field work to running the marketing office. I have received nothing but compassion and motivation from my Director of Marketing in the NYK market. Scott is an amazing boss to work for and has helped me more than any employer I have ever worked for in my career.

-Flexibility
    -Caring office staff and managers
    -On the job training
    -Not only will you improve your selling skills with this line of work, but the staff does all they can to break you out of your shell and become a stronger, more indepedent individual
    -If you work your butt off you will reap the rewards

Cons

-This job is NOT for everyone. If you are lazy, content with busy work, or otherwise unengaged while at work - this is not for you. This job is for HUNGRY & dedicated individuals that are constantly looking to make more money.

If more low producers & problem employees were weeded out on a regular basis it would improve the reputation of the company a whole lot.

Excellent Company to Work For - Very Happy Working Here

Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Flexible schedules
    - Weekly pay + commission (can make a lot of money)
    - Benefits Offered if Full-Time
    - Small business feel even though working for a large successful company
    - Access to fun events
    - Opportunity for growth
    - Bonuses
    - Great team environment
    -Great Work-Life Balance

As another Recruiting Intern wrote and I agree with her: This company is designed for those that can work at a fast pace and also can overcome moments of boredom. Event Sales Agents and Event Marketing Reps need to be people with lively personalities and people who can quickly overcome their fears. Those employees in these positions need to be outgoing and feel comfortable engaging and speaking with all types of people. As a Recruiting Intern, I face much of the same. I have to be lively and unafraid, in order to recruit quality candidates for my company. Other than that, I love my experiences here, best company, Director, and Field Marketing Recruiter ever!!!

Cons

Although the commission may appear or seem hard to obtain since it is a salary vs. commission pay base, it is actually not difficult to obtain at all if you come to work and do the best that you can.
    Because there is a $12 base rate for Event Marketing Promotion Representatives or if commission accumulated is higher, I do not believe there are any cons to the pay at all.

No advice thus far, the Field Marketing Recruiter for NY Terri Hiltz is my direct supervisor whom I report directly to and she is really wonderful to work for. She is motivating, encouraging, very fair, and has such a positive attitude and energy.

A change for the better!

Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions in Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions in Galveston, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun work environment, outgoing people, communication, flexible schedule and decent pay!

We recently got a new director that has been great and makes working here a blast! She is a great communicator and is very positive and fair! I almost left previously and am glad I stuck around to see the changes she has made.

I currently refer my friends to this job because it is a better pay compared to most places!

Cons

Commute, office location. Some events can be pretty far away from my house.

Maybe a little more training at events and less in the office!

Very Happy Here!

Current Employee - Promotions Representative in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Promotions Representative in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, they schedule me baded on my availability. Great wage, entry level position (promotions agent) stars at $12 per hour. No experience necessary. Easy job, just come to work in a good mood and have fun with your customers. Great bosses. Our Director is the nicest boss ever. Even tho he is upper management he makes us all feel important and we all have his cell phone # if we ever need anything from him.

Cons

If the weather is bad some outside events can get cancelled. (Who wants to work when it is raining anyway)

None so far. I am happy here. .Every step from the day the hr lady called me up til now has been a positive experience. I even have a few friends that I am going to see if they want to work here too .

The Tyler Marketing team is more than a Team but a work family.

Current Employee - OPC Marketing in Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - OPC Marketing in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working with a dynamic and devoted Marketing team. The events in the east texas area are exciting to attend and everyone works hard. Not only do we have full support from our Director, but she also is dedicated and motivated to keep the team strong. The workplace is positive and the money is awesome too. Great place to work if you want to make money and have a blast at work.

Cons

Must have reliable transportation to work here.

Keep improving the team in the Tyler Market. Hire the best.

Work many fun events, opportunity to make great money!

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time

Pros

Compensation Plans, Peers, and Managers

Cons

Management could be better organized

I like coming to work everyday! Says something, doesn't it?

Current Employee - Confidential in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Confidential in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company culture is very friendly and open. We communicate well and work cohesively. We are not made to feel like part of the "corporate machine" and because of that we care about what we do to affect the success of our team and our company as a whole. We all look out for each other and pitch in to help anywhere we can. The com

Cons

We are currently making so many improvements... What are cons now are going to be illuminated with the upgrades going on over the next 6 months...

Continue to appreciate the individual and make progress where progress is due, which we see happening around us everyday!

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts

Pros

Lead generation and Sales/Appointment Setting (both based at events and specific locations, not in a call room) both have a lot of input for scheduling. Pay is great, even if you are only medicor at your job, and is excellent if you excel. Management is nice, helpful and engaged.

Cons

Events can get really, really hot (obviously during the summer), and can drag out when there aren't many people there.

Keep doing what you are doing. Allow more opportunity to grow in positions.

Job that turned into a Career of a Lifetime!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Busy pace, Relaxing down time, Constructive pressure, Great pay, Room for advancement, Fun co-workers, Beautiful work environment.

Cons

It's a Dog-Eat-Dog atmosphere, Survival of the Fittest, but if you can do it then you will be great! There can also be "drama" at times.

Pay more attention to the "little" people. They deserve more appreciation for their hard work.

Silverleaf Resorts Photos