Silverleaf Resorts

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.9

Thomas J. Morris

Pros
  • You get paid weekly and you get to attend cool events for free (in 4 reviews)

• Supportive environment, opportunity for growth, and great work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover rate for a reason (in 3 reviews)

• One of the biggest downsides is working long hours in the summertime (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good job to gain experience.

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts part-time

Pros

Open availability, and great people. Also, chance for commission. The recruiter and secretary in Atlanta were cool.

Cons

the work in the malls and locations get boring but you are able to move up from that, Pay is not really worth gas money to get from place to place every other day.

Give Your All - You'll See the Payoff

Current Employee - Office Staff  in  Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Albany, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for this company for just about 3 years now and I can honestly say I have developed so much as an individual as well as in my professional career. Silverleaf Resorts has provided me with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the timeshare business from entry level field work to running the marketing office. I have received nothing but compassion and motivation from my Director of Marketing in the NYK market. Scott is an amazing boss to work for and has helped me more than any employer I have ever worked for in my career.

-Flexibility
    -Caring office staff and managers
    -On the job training
    -Not only will you improve your selling skills with this line of work, but the staff does all they can to break you out of your shell and become a stronger, more indepedent individual
    -If you work your butt off you will reap the rewards

Cons

-This job is NOT for everyone. If you are lazy, content with busy work, or otherwise unengaged while at work - this is not for you. This job is for HUNGRY & dedicated individuals that are constantly looking to make more money.

If more low producers & problem employees were weeded out on a regular basis it would improve the reputation of the company a whole lot.

Okay for part time job, especially college kids

Current Employee - Event Sales Agent  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Event Sales Agent in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility
    Access to awesome venues and events (6 Flags/Braves/Hawks)
    Commission can be good if sales are approved

Cons

Management is very unorganized and fraternize with inferiors in the most unprofessional manners.
    Having to drive to different job sites 45-60 min away and no gas compensation
    Sometimes sales don't get approved due to bad credit or income and you lose your commission if buyer is unqualified

Don't sleep with your employees. Don't sexually harass your employees. Buy a planner and use it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The Tyler market is the place to be for a EXCITING and incredibly REWARDING place to work!

Current Employee - OPC  in  Tyler, TX
    Current Employee - OPC in Tyler, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to earn an uncapped income is incredibly motivating! If you enjoy laughing and having fun this is the place to work! Most everyone welcomes you with love and support and that's what makes this company stand out from the rest! Did I also mention UNCAPPED commission?! I look forward to going to work daily! I had no sales experience and with the help from everyone in just a month I was doing great! This new director is hands on and right there every step of the way! I'm so happy I found this company!

Cons

I'd traveling sometimes gets aggravating however as soon as I get there and book tours all is GOOD! This job does require working weekends so get ready to record your FOOTBALL games ;)

The best advice I have is make sure "ALL EMPLOYEES" are team players!

Excellent Company to Work For - Very Happy Working Here

Current Employee - Field Recruiting  in  Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Field Recruiting in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible schedules
    - Weekly pay + commission (can make a lot of money)
    - Benefits Offered if Full-Time
    - Small business feel even though working for a large successful company
    - Access to fun events
    - Opportunity for growth
    - Bonuses
    - Great team environment
    -Great Work-Life Balance

As another Recruiting Intern wrote and I agree with her: This company is designed for those that can work at a fast pace and also can overcome moments of boredom. Event Sales Agents and Event Marketing Reps need to be people with lively personalities and people who can quickly overcome their fears. Those employees in these positions need to be outgoing and feel comfortable engaging and speaking with all types of people. As a Recruiting Intern, I face much of the same. I have to be lively and unafraid, in order to recruit quality candidates for my company. Other than that, I love my experiences here, best company, Director, and Field Marketing Recruiter ever!!!

Cons

Although the commission may appear or seem hard to obtain since it is a salary vs. commission pay base, it is actually not difficult to obtain at all if you come to work and do the best that you can.
    Because there is a $12 base rate for Event Marketing Promotion Representatives or if commission accumulated is higher, I do not believe there are any cons to the pay at all.

No advice thus far, the Field Marketing Recruiter for NY Terri Hiltz is my direct supervisor whom I report directly to and she is really wonderful to work for. She is motivating, encouraging, very fair, and has such a positive attitude and energy.

worked there

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

good pay flexibility nice people
    helpful coworkers

Cons

pressure
    too much driving
    they don't always get your paycheck right

Be ready to become a SHARK if going into sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Sales Manager  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Even though the sales positions are strictly commission the compensation is great...If the deal doesn't kick. You get to be a part of some very cool events, have the opportunity to travel and work nationwide at resort locations. If you're entry level stepping into your career you can gain killer experience in the type of people you want to work with and the ones you do not, you can learn to read people and use that to your future career advantage. The money is addictive if you continue to stay at the top of the line.

Cons

Majority of the individuals that work in sales at least management are snakes, unprofessional environment, favoritism, poor leadership and management. If you want to stay focused and motivated then don't talk to anyone to let them vomit their negativity on you. Long work hours, weekends and holidays. If you do not make the in crowd or are not an attractive female consider yourself cut unless your sales are through the roof without kicking. As most sales jobs are you are trained to up sell your product however, selling and lying are two different things and if you do your homework on these programs what you are trained to present and how and what it actually is are very different.

Take some management and leadership classes if you truly want to be a manager so you can motivate your team to reach better goals. Screaming at people doesn't want to make them work any harder. For the most part most of the managers are the only ones that need to be managed themselves.

Great until they close the doors and fire everyone. .

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES  in  Galveston, TX
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Galveston, TX

I worked at Silverleaf Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Weekly pay
    Good incentives
    Insurance
    Spiffs
    Ummm thats it

Cons

100% commission. Too many chiefs not enough indians. The mindset is to tear you down and build you back up how they want you. The silverleaf way. Very hostile environment. Management and reps all sleep around and if you aren't on the inside group your on the outs. If you can handle that then try it out... but beware.. they came in with hr and closed the seaside sales floor. Everyone either lost their jobs or were asked to move cities. They made us work labor day and fired us the next day.

You promote with the wrong intentions. You have some cold hearted people and you promote them?! People who dont care for or about the company. In the meantime you fire so many people that had their hearts in Silverleaf.

Not that Great

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like that it was family based. Some of my coworkers were nice. My manager at the time was very laid back.

Cons

Very many cons. The sales director was rude and so stuck up. They lie to their customers and bribe them just to come out and take a tour. The trips that are given to them are a complete waste of money. There are too many fees, you might as well take your own vacation and do everything yourself. Money is always being stolen and mostly by employees. Favoritism plays a large roll. This company in general is not a good place to work for.

A change for the better!

Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions  in  Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing/Promotions in Galveston, TX

I have been working at Silverleaf Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun work environment, outgoing people, communication, flexible schedule and decent pay!

We recently got a new director that has been great and makes working here a blast! She is a great communicator and is very positive and fair! I almost left previously and am glad I stuck around to see the changes she has made.

I currently refer my friends to this job because it is a better pay compared to most places!

Cons

Commute, office location. Some events can be pretty far away from my house.

Maybe a little more training at events and less in the office!

Silverleaf Resorts Photos

Worked for Silverleaf Resorts? Contribute to the Community!