Silverline

CEO
1 Rating

Inspiring and Intelligent Coworkers

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Office in Union Square is awesome! Comfortable with lots of amenities as others have mentioned.
    - Perks and benefits are generous. In-office massages occasionally, financial advisor with the greatest ROI my 401k has ever seen (seriously!), unlimited PTO, work from home, etc.
    - The emphasis on learning and development is really strong and constantly pushes me to grow my own skillset as well as teach others when I can
    - The solutions we build are creative and innovative, very often transformative for clients
    - Many of my coworkers are totally brilliant and I love to collaborate with and learn from them

Cons

- As with any growing company or start-up, lots of organizational change happens quickly as we evolve. Definitely need to be flexible and patient to work here.
    - Consulting workload can be heavy at times
    - Career path development is currently a little shallow, but I know people are trying to work on this

Career path development needs to be a priority, especially for younger employees, to prevent disillusionment and turnover. Internal operational changes should be openly discussed / transparency is key. Less emphasis on billables / metrics and more emphasis on organizational contribution.

Great Perks, Amazing Co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Silverline is a company that truly puts their employees first. We have amazing perks including: working from home, a super cool new office in Union Square with tons of food and drinks, unlimited PTO, partially paid maternity leave, killer 401k matching with a complementary Financial Adviser, company lunches, retreats, and happy hours.

With all that, you can tell the founders really do care about making the employees happy and feel like part of the team. Silverline is a really flat organization, even as it grows, and it’s great to have access to the entire executive team.

The people who work here, however, really make this company great. They are all smart, driven, and team players who make sure our clients are happy and the job gets done.

Cons

As a company that is growing and hiring on average of one employee a week since inception, there has been a decent amount of turnover, which is always a bummer to see. I don’t think it’s more than other Consulting firm I’ve worked at though. Management has been addressing this through surveys to the team on areas to improve, which is nice.

Growing at the pace Silverline has been, there of course will be growing pains. Keep working through it and taking the pulse of employees, as you have been, to make sure things are moving in the right direction.

Fantastic Consulting Firm

I have been working at Silverline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I joined Silverline a little more than a year ago. I joined the firm based on their reputation in the market for implementing Salesforce.com. My experience with Silverline to date has been great. What I like the most is really how dedicated people are to helping each other build their salesforce.com and consulting skills. They are both valuable in the market and to be able to find a fun environment in which to grow them was a big win for me. Besides that, it is just a great group of people to work with. Strong connections in the Salesforce community and what seems to be a great pipeline of new clients coming in every month.

Silverline represents a great compromise between a small "mom and pop" consulting firm and a large "Accenture like" environment. It's also great that for the most part work is done for clients from head quarters and the main office as opposed to onsite at clients for weeks at a time

The founders of the company lead by example and are always available to roll up their sleeves and help with the sales, delivery and learning & Development efforts. They appear to be dedicated to ensuring a positive culture remains top priority.

T

Cons

I do not have too much to complain about. I have worked at other consulting firms before and they all have their fair share of complexities. If anything I would say they need to keep focusing on building skills. No one likes to work on projects with week links

Keep bringing in great people and make sure you take care of the ones that brought you to where you are.

My friends envy where I work

I have been working at Silverline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- The New York office is amazing and my friends who have visited are all jealous. In the middle of Union Square, beer on tap, unlimited snacks, free meals, massages, and the list goes on and on.
    - The company is growing fast and has built a solid reputation within the Salesforce community. The culture has changed since I started but what company doesn't during periods of fast growth.
    - The benefits are good, profit sharing, good insurance coverage, education reimbursement, internal training, annual company ski retreat, etc. Things I expect from a larger company but are available at Silverline.
    - The company's founders is intent on making Silverline a good place to work and I appreciate their efforts.

Cons

Consulting is not for everyone. The company has grown quickly and we've delivered good results to our clients. This has led to more and more business signings. There is never a lack of challenging work to do at Silverline and most of my colleagues are great to work with. That said, the talent in this space is fairly constrained. Silverline initially brought on some people who were not fit for consulting. They either left or were let go, but not without some heartache. I see improvements in this area and I know management is trying hard to bring more qualified people to the team.

Keep up the effort of making this company a great place to work. Don't get bogged down by a few disgruntled employees, every company has them. Focus on the rest of us that enjoy working here.

Great people, good perks, great culture

I have been working at Silverline full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Opportunities to learn and grow.
    - Good people in terms of skills and being nice to work with.
    - Relaxed culture.
    - Management that seems to care about employees and does something about it like investing in their professional growth, good perks and working to maintain a good culture and atmosphere.

Cons

- like any company that works in the financial sector, some clients can be demanding.

Great company that cares about its employees from the top down

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Silverline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Very good benefits
    - Amazing office and perks, e.g. food, ping pong, keg in the office, good workspace, any equipment you need
    - Very smart employees who are competitive in a very positive way
    - Supportive Management Team
    - Really interesting projects

Cons

- Growing company so some growing pains.
    - Lots of work to do (I consider this a pro and con)
    - Consulting can be demanding

Encourage employees to take advantage of perks they may forget about such as Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation Policy, Work from Home policy

Great Company, Great Growth, Team and Fun!

Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Silverline as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I work with a lot of companies and have to say I am very impressed with SL. The open and collaborative culture, the dedication of such a supportive team is incredible! Really like the way the company ensures the employees are happy at work - awesome office space, team events, ping pong, camping trips and after work activities!
    Company is on a great upward trajectory with great leadership and there is a lot of opportunity for career growth and learning.

Cons

Wish I lived closer to work in the office more!

Keep recruiting the way you are!

Supportive, growing organization

I have been working at Silverline full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has a really supportive culture across the board- everyone seems really invested in helping their colleagues grow and develop. There are a lot of learning opportunities available and a lot of transparency. The executive team is really committed to maintaining the culture while improving processes to grow and scale the organization and it shows.

Cons

Since we are a rapidly growing company there is a lot of work to do, and sometimes we're short handed. Also a lot of the processes and policies are new so there are some growing pains while we see what works and what areas need improvement.

Leadership could delegate more.

Horrible Career Progression. Okay Perks, Bad Management

I worked at Silverline full-time (more than a year)

Pros

"Perks" (outings, lunches, ping pong, office location etc)
    Can work from home/remotely
    Good PTO (very few people actually take advantage of this)
    Smart people

Consider this an okay place to start a career but don't stay here for too long. Build your skills and leave!

Cons

Career progression is non-existent.
    Company culture and management is too skewed in one direction of gender and race and it shows.
    Pay is all over the place but management constantly points out they "couldn't have done it without you"
    Nepotism is alive and well here.
    Work will get boring very quickly.
    Managers lie about pay, mobility, benefits.

Stop patting yourselves on the back. As another reviewer pointed out, many of the people in the "team" photo shown above no longer work at this company and that is not a good sign. The only people still excited to work here are newer employees and that will fade as they see how things are run. Try to encourage more honest feedback and you will be surprised what you hear.

Management seems to think people are "lucky" to work there and should act like it. They have no problem mistreating employees because they really believe everyone is replaceable. This doesn't encourage much loyalty. Almost weekly someone was leaving or being fired. Not a good sign.

If you are expecting a "cool" tech company you will be in for a rude awakening. Management is overly sensitive to any negative feedback and will take it personally, making you a target. Contributions are not welcome and you have no influence in the company's direction unless you "hang out" with management. The amount of money spent on irrelevant things instead of employee salaries will shock you. Everything that happens now seems to be driven by the needs of Salesforce and very little else.

Great company. Cohesive team. Heavy work load!

I have been working at Silverline

Pros

If time is permitted, everyone helps each other out when needed. Great team environment and attitude. Cool new office. Awesome start up culture. Creative and innovative thinkers with hard work ethic.

Cons

Work load. Be prepared to work extended weekdays and potentially weekends. 55+ hours per week. Management can be unaware of employee work load.