Silverlink Communications

Updated Mar 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stanley Nowak

A good company to work for, employees and management are very professional and friendly.

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsSane working hours, usually less than 60 hours a week. Nice bonuses and company outings, charity, health clubs etc.

ConsA bit slow on the technology adoption front.

Advice to Senior Managementtime-off could be better.

Great people, good mission, career path options pretty thin

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsThey hire some really solid people. The product / service concept is good.

ConsExec Management not crazy about working from home, but some managers allow it.
    Top out on advancement opportunities pretty quickly
    No 401K matching
    Bonuses are not strongly in sync with quality of work and meeting personal goals; weak employees can get strong bonuses because they have good clients where a strong employees with challenging clients are not rewarded.
    Strong employees carry a disproportionately larger amount of the workload than the weaker employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance the workload for employees. Get rid of the dead wood. Provide real opportunities for advancement rather than just title changes.

Silverlink Communications is a terrible working environment

Program Manager (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsGreat cookies and crackers selection. I advise you to buy your own saltines.

ConsProduct Management was a weakness for years. Analytics is basically Coke-vs-Pepsi A/B testing, nothing more. As others have said here, nobody is friendly or talks. Senior managers are condescending and rude: to each other. A lot of internal discord, i.e., yelling and screaming. The companies’ employees treat their largely contractor workforce very poorly. Silverlink Communications has gone through many rounds of involuntary force reductions. The Java-based infrastructure is from the stone age and the UI is so bad I thought they were showing me a joke web site when I first started using their application. The company cares nothing for its clients or customers, regarding them with utter disdain, which has caught up with them in the marketplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you cannot treat people with decency, they will leave Silverlink Communications, and get a better job. People talk about their former employers on social media. You should show more respect to your employees, clients, and customers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You take the good, you take the bad...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsYou will not be micro-managed if you are a solid performer. There is a strong sense of teamwork and folks are willing to help out those who try. You are working for a company that can make a difference.

ConsToo many warm bodies taking up seats and adding little value. Program/application issues that hinder productivity need to be corrected. Provide training vs. presentations. Long overdue for product documentation. Critically need a technical writer.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team to work on the details. Give employees some credit. Treat them like adults. Take the advice of team members when bringing in new employees. Don't hire folks who are not well rated after the interview process.

Breath of fresh air in a job market that can be less than enjoyable

(Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsNice, friendly people. Good pay. Good benefits. Friendly "work hard/play hard" culture (and boy do they mean it on both sides!). Easy location, resources available, smart/driven people who really seem to want the company to succeed. Not yet ruined with an overbearing corporate feeling. Kitchen with drinks/snacks, etc.

ConsGrowing pains show. Lack of process can be chaotic. Lots of cooks in all the kitchens because of the start-up feeling.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work with the feeling, culture, and good hiring. Tighten up process across departments so that growth can continue without the extreme fire-drill feeling that a lot of projects seem to have right now.

Silverlink is a fun environment with good people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsSmart and experienced coworkers make it a great place to learn
    Approachable managers who are invested in their workforce
    Emphasis on work/life balance
    Frequent social events
    Small but profitable company with start-up vibe

ConsRandom busy / not busy work cycle - fastpaced one day and slow the next
    Infrequent but occasional weekend time is requested (not required, differs by division)
    Issues faced can be challenging and performance expectations are high
    Different teams' experiences may vary from "Pros" listed - i.e. some have less fun than others
    Not a place for people with poor communication skills and lack of initiative

product management

Product Manager (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

Prosstartup environment has the flexibility

Conslimitations of a startup environment!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fair to all

Workplace where no body really talks

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsSmall work environement. Good food.

ConsNo communication with supervisor. All eat lunch alone.

Aloof

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCoffee, snacks, can wear jeans every day, salary

ConsA company with liquor in the fridge = a fun, inviting company usually. Not the case here. It is an odd environment that I hope to never experience again. Only some people talk. Only some are *mildly* friendly. Difficult to assimilate and infiltrate.

Advice to Senior Managementtry to be less aloof

Worked for Silverlink Communications? Contribute to the Community!