Silverpop

Updated Jun 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Nussey

Pros
  • work-life balance -- that's about it really, this is a 9-5 job that discourages employees from trying to work outside of the box(in 5 reviews)

• Great culture, growing industry, competitive product(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Good people get out after 3-4 years because there's nowhere to go(in 3 reviews)

• I'm hearing things are improving but product development has been notoriously dysfunctional (upper management)(in 2 reviews)

Overall, Great place to work

Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople are great and seem content with day-to-day activities. The pay is very fair.

ConsNo opportunity to grow across departments even if "over" qualified

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not force good people out by not promoting them based on thier skill set.

Very High Turnover. Let me Repeat Very High Turnover

Sales (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFree snacks and travel
    Great training
    A lot of good people
    Nice offices
    Management stability
    Avg Product, no real niche'

ConsInept Sales Management across the board. Either comprised of lifers that are just collecting a paycheck or failed sales reps or both. It starts right at the top, as SVP is way out of his league. He replaced the former SVP that had a marketing background and no sales.
    Micromanaged from incompetent management, silly processes just to fill check boxes
    Management very stabile, never leaves or gets let go. Sales constant churn rate, go figure.
    Count on one hand people making unrealistic quota numbers
    Constantly looking for sales reps weekly
    Culture is great as Lipstick to Pig
    Nobody is happy
    There are other bogus reviews on here that are obviously written by sales management or executive team.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement arrogance on display 24x7. Won't waste my breath giving them any advice.
    Advice to any sales applicant, dont waste your time.

Poor Sales Leadership

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsAt first you will experience a family type of atmosphere that is comforting. CEO is forward thinking in software development.

ConsThere are to many to name unfortunately. Worst sales leadership I've experienced in 18 years of sales. If you are a sales person and thinking about working at Silverpop, first ask them what percentage of the sales people made their number, then ask them what percentage of their sales people were below 50% of their number, then ask them why their top sales people and sales leaders continue to leave every year for the last four years.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange compensation plan where your sales people can make money. Don't change sales and marketing leaders again. Wait till someone acquires your company and then look for an established sales leader to take over.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mediocre across the board

Proswork-life balance -- that's about it really, this is a 9-5 job that discourages employees from trying to work outside of the box.

ConsCo-workers disinterested in innovating or improving performance since no raises are ever in sight
    Product management doesn't do due diligence to understand user requirements and expects engineers to design the product for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop looking at companies like IBM to acquire you and focus on improving your business strategy. This company constantly adds more bureaucracy to an underfunded engineering staff instead of improving engineering.

Great place to work, better place to build a career

Partner/Channel Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat product with a visionary road map, outstanding industry position and reputation, solid leadership team with long term continuity, wonderful people and a family feel still exists in a company with close to 600 employees.

ConsThe winds of change are forcing Silverpop to "grow up" in some regards. Some new added processes and bureaucratic elements have been added to almost every job in the organization, the results of which remain to be seen. This is a highly competitive space with a number of players, all of whom seem hellbent on driving the same story. Makes it difficult to differentiate at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey have done a good job all things considered...I wish we would be more aggressive in our efforts to drive top line growth.

Excellent employer; some politics; good benefits

IT Operations (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDynamic mid-sized enterprise with good management team. As usual, some politics but as with any company, it's hard to avoid that. CEO is personable and has a real open door policy.

ConsGetting external training is difficult and you need a very good business case for it. Hours can be long for operations folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou seem to be on the right track - employee satisfaction seems high and morale is generally good. Management openness is an asset.

Silverpop

Senior SQA Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat development enviroment with Agile teams and development processes.

ConsSilverpop should invest more in training opportunities for personal development.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to try new ideas.

If you are looking for Beer drinking, poor MANAGEMENT, and a pay check? Then this is the place for you

Associate (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosfree healthy snacks and .25 sodas and CEO attends/facilitate company monthly meeting.

ConsUnbearable Micro-management, management speak to employees in a LOUD degraded manner in front of other employees, for a company that sell software their internal software programs are 1999 when the started (behind time), if you're not drinking with management then you're not apart of the clique and therefore do not get any of the special projects, Relationship Managers sell products they have no knowledge about which in return cannot explain to their the contract they are selling. Management talk poorly about their employees with their subordinates, in meetings, and even in the interview... High turn over in most the department except IT/MIS.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on leadership and better management which will help each employee drive the company goal.

Good Culture, Very Good Product, Management is "hit or miss"

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFlexible schedule, good people, very good product, good benefits. Leader in Behavioral Marketing encompassing B2B & B2C marketing capabilities. Solid architecture though UI needs some refreshing which is underway.

ConsManagement changeover under former VP Sales & Marketing who caused upheaval to lose a number of good people. Rebuilding sales teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer attractive comp packages to sales to get the best the market has to offer.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany takes care of employees
    Good benefits
    Still a fairly good culture although starting to grow up as company size is increasing
    Great technology if you are able to get hired into a position to work with it

ConsNo training for upward career growth
    No real paths for extending your career here...you will pretty much stay where you were hired in at unless you wait a long time.
    Lots of cliques and office politics

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease company paid training
    Increase career growth
    Although Sales and Marketing make the money, dont forget who keeps the products running

Worked for Silverpop? Contribute to the Community!