Simmons Bedding

1.9

Gary T. Fazio

Very laid back

I have been working at Simmons Bedding

Pros

Easy fun good managers nice schedule

Cons

None the job was great

Please avoid the Customer Service- Home Delivery Department...

Former Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Simmons Bedding

Pros

leaving early on Fridays was awesome

Cons

no training and no advancement

Coming into this position I was very excited to display my skills and contribute. However, it became apparent that this isn't the place for you to be if you aren't full-time. Temp treatment is horrible. There have been several instances when it almost seemed like one of the full-times wanted me to get in trouble for absolutely no reason...you have "team leaders" who barely do their work..temps carry the load. Come in to work every day not know what you're going to get in trouble for not doing pertaining to the job when there isn't any training. I knew it was the end for me when the manager told me the only reason i was on the team was because i was "an asset" I'd never been treated like that at any job. It was also suggested in a meeting that the reason we can't get work done is because of long lunches..mind you temps get 30 min, full-time one hour. I even witnessed one of the full-time staff go and get her nails done when manager wasn't there and came back two hours later..also their regular lunches always exceed an hour...Meetings were always directed towards temps when the other staff is part of the direct problem...scary..From that moment on I savored all of my skills and strictly did what I had to do to get by. If you land here please keep looking for other work while working here.

Morale is LOW

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are great! Salaries trend higher than competitors.

Cons

Poor management that shows no interest in growth of employees. No continuing education. Moral is low in all departments. The pay is great which lures people in, buy once here many regret their decision to join the company. As a result, many have left or are trying to leave. Company culture is horrible.

Production supervisor

I worked at Simmons Bedding

Pros

Job security - decent pay for unskilled hourly workers
    decent pay for salary as well

Cons

Long hours 12-14hrs a day, 5-6 days a week. Didn't know your working Saturday until Thursday or Friday. So you couldn't make plans for the weekend. In the summer always 6days a week.good if your hourly. bad if your salary.

Once Great Company Destroyed by Arrogant Fear Mongering Upper Management

Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Territory Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Nothing was a 'Pro' when I exited the company in 2013. Long hours, meaningless reports and a constant state of fear. If I could give this company zero stars I would.

Cons

Horrible management not only in Atlanta, but also on the West Coast. Management was willing to sacrifice their workers and throw them under a bus in order to protect their poor decisions. Having left almost 2 years ago and now have the luxury to look a Simmons from the outside, I should have left when Gary Fazio and Tony Smith took over. Very bad people.

Learn some people skills. The bottom line is important in every company, but having more Vice President's than workers is a horrible business model. Protecting upper management's bonuses at the expense of the 'Real' workers is no way to run a company. Wake up! Half of your sales representatives have resigned in the last 2 years and have gone to work for your competition.

Great coworkers

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Surrounded by a great team

Cons

Only concerned with bottom line

An

A once "Fortune Magazine 100 Best" Now is Miserable To Work Here

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is good and co-workers can be great friends

Cons

Really bad management in Atlanta. No real people skills, extremely poor strategic planning (spreadsheets due next day, short-term conf calls, etc. They think a company culture can be dictated in a PowerPoint and regional meetings called "vision" and don't have a clue how very bad moral is because everyone is afraid to say anything. There is no open and honest communicating. One thing they know is bottom line dollars. The people working at Simmons are not even an after-thought.

You are way too much micro-managing everything. If you have the right people in place, let them thrive. Grown adults don't need "daddy" babysitting everyday. If you don't have the right people who can handle their jobs, then why have you kept these people for years?

A good experience with good people, but long hours.

I worked at Simmons Bedding

Pros

Management was open to new ideas, good pay, chances to move up in the company, management and coworkers were friendly, job allowed employees to move around during their shifts.

Cons

Employees tended to work very long hours, hot working environment. Jobs can be physically demanding. Organization was somewhat lacking.

I would try to reduce the average amount of hours employees worked.

If I could give 0 stars I would!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None I can think of .

Cons

Management is so focused on getting things done quickly that they don't care how it gets done. The only thing they care about is the bottom line. Everyone here is overworked and tired of feeling unappreciated. They're very unorganized and don't have their stuff together but when a deadline needs to be met they expect you to just pick up their slack and work extra hours and weekends to get it done. You have no work like balance because work is your life.

Learn how to show your employees you appreciate them, don't just say it because you think it's what they want to hear.

Horrible - good gone bad

Former Employee - Accounts Receivables/Credit in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivables/Credit in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Simmons Bedding full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Getting to leave at 3:00 on Fridays
    2 days off on major holidays
    That is all the Pros I can think of...

Cons

Employees are treated like robots, if you have a legitimate concern or complaint you are told you can give your notice. Very high turn over.
    HR is useless. Should change their name to CR (Corporate Resources) They are only concerned with legally protecting the company.
    Pay is unfair - Employees who do the exact same work as other employees at higher job grades are paid less.
    I worked in Credit/Collections department. Incompetent management.
    There were millions in past due invoices dating back years. Millions in deductions/claims dating back years that were never worked or handled. Simply ignored.
    I have no idea how profits are reported considering what a train wreck their accounting is.
    Benefits diminished greatly over the years I worked there.
    If you are an employee who doesn't care about quality or doing a good job you will succeed here. If you do care you will not be able to tolerate it.

Hire leaders who have experience in the industry not incompetent managers. Treat employees like human beings. Get rid of the lazy employees.