Simon Golub & Sons Reviews

1 Rating

1. I had a great time at simon golub

Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Building Maintenance in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Shipping Clerk/Building Maintenance in Seattle, WA

I worked at Simon Golub & Sons full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I got to do many things there witch I love to do I like staying busy.

Cons

I was laid off do to lack of work.

2. What a horrible place

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Seattle, WA

I worked at Simon Golub & Sons full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. The managment is a joke. I am an executive and took a part within the company at 1/3 of my usual pay just for an opportunity to build and grow a low revenue company.

Cons

All. Who puts a sales person in charge of a company, yes, a sales person as president. It is a face that customers are familiar with but sales people are "yes men/women" and dont get the job done. No room for intelligence. If it requires change then it is too scary and best not upset the"sales people". This pertains to the previous President, I have nothing to comment about on the existing.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Take on new ideas if you want to survive. New owners, suck it up and make room for North American culture. We were not hand fed and taken care of like you and given opportunities that were not deserved. We work, and work with intelligence and drive. We earn our keep, it is not given to us by class status. My previous work experience was Director of International Marketing at DishNetwork and OOjah Marketing as owner. This company was and is minor league, thought there might be something to work with, I was wrong.

3. Not the company it once was

I worked at Simon Golub & Sons full-time

Pros

The long term employees talk about how great this company used to be.

Cons

Employee moral is very low Little to no pay increases No room for advancement Long term employees cannot get out of there fast enough They do not value knowledge. The only thing that matters is who management likes most. That's how you keep your job. Stay quiet, do give your opinion and just say "yes' Not a great place to work which is a shame because it used to be great until they made management changes in 2014 and the original owners were no longer involved.

NO LONGER a good place to work, since aggressive cost-cutting. Major layoffs of experienced personnel

Former Employee - Technical Support in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Seattle, WA

Pros

Many of the staff are talented, industrious, capable workers... the kind employers really need

Cons

Company came under ownership in India, and apparently the executives there simply can't reconcile themselves to the cost of qualified American employees. FAR too much cutting of staff has been done.

Advice to Management

Companies can be destroyed by cutting the staff too much. At present, mid-March 2015, such few competent employees who are left have low morale, no faith in the company's future, and dare not provide any feedback to the company's upper management or ownership... in the belief that doing so will merely result in immediate 'exfoliation'.

It's a good company but the management is changing.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Pros

Flexible hours for accounting, really nice people.

Cons

There are some cultural and value differences with the new owners and the etiquette and behavior of some of the managers can be off-putting.

Advice to Management

Simon Golub invested in their employees above and beyond other companies and built loyalty. An obvious change has occurred causing long time employees to look for other opportunities.

RSS Feed </> Embed