Simon-Kucher & Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

Simon-Kucher & Partners co CEO Dr. Georg Tacke and Dr. Klaus Hilleke

Dr. Georg Tacke and Dr. Klaus Hilleke

A dynamic, fast-growing company with great opportunities for advancement

Cambridge, MA

ProsSmart, energetic, team-based environment makes going to the office every day a truly enjoyable and fulfilling experience

ConsHeavy workload, difficult to maintain a positive work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign base salaries with the rest of the consulting industry

Learn pricing and that's about it

ProsSome useful frameworks for thinking around pricing problems

ConsStilted thinking and sub-optimal assignment of resources to projects

A good place to learn about pricing and market access

ProsOpportunity to gain deep knowledge in pricing and market access; flat corporate structure; global rotation and collaboration opportunities; respecting data and truth in projects; friendly colleagues and great culture (US)

ConsLife style can be good or bad depending on season - usually long working hours during falls and winters when there are more projects than available associates; Overall salary is low compared to other consulting firms; and promotion can be slower than what is claimed on the recruiting brochure

Advice to Senior Management1, It is difficult, but necessary to provide proper internal communications when people are laid off to maintain employees' loyalty to the firm; 2, Provide necessary support for employees hired at senior positions to avoid any potential conflicts between undergraduates who have stayed with the firm for a long time and who have "earned" their titles vs. people who land on the same position without any history with the firm; 3, Invest time (thus money) to seriously focus on expansion into new practices - operating at 100% under fire fight mode is not efficient - it is important to staff people on getting new business opportunities and accept/honor the fact that these people will not be efficient in generating revenue ifor the near term

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Entrepreneurial melting pot

Mountain View, CA

ProsIncredible opportunities for individual professional advancement. Really interesting work.

ConsLong hours on occasion and some travel required

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't let your incredibly fast growth dilute the quality of the product and damage your pristine customer image

Valuable learning experience & great growth opportunities

Mountain View, CA

ProsSimon-Kucher has been a great experience. The focus on pricing means we are experts in a growing field. We help companies make more money, which is a great skill to have, especially in Silicon Valley, The growth trajectory of the company is exciting to be a part of and beneficial in terms of opportunities. Recent investments in training and PR formalize the commitment I feel from leadership to help me succeed. (After all, it benefits both of us if I publish an article or can grow faster in my project work) Additional perk: Every December the entire company gathers in Germany for the World Meeting and Holiday Party. Many of us travel after with colleagues.

ConsOur west coast office hasn't always had the same support in terms of recruiting, HR, & PR. However, this is improving. Pay should be increased 15-20%, especially considering the alternative options at tech companies around the bay area. The commute to Mountain View gets old quick.

Great learning experience

Senior Associate (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsTeam is at the top of its game in terms of knowledge of pricing architecture and strategy

ConsNot many talented folks at the Sr Associate level

Great consultancy that's going places

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, CA

ProsSimon-Kucher has a great work culture, with awesome partners and directors, free snacks in the offices, and a reasonable travel and work schedule. Expect to travel only once or twice a month (on average). Furthermore, many of the directors and partners have families, and are comfortable with consultants balancing family requirements with work schedules. Finally, the company has a great review policy, and is is fair when providing promotions. Oh yeah - we also have an AMAZING holiday party IN GERMANY.

ConsThe major downside to Simon-Kucher is the relatively limited scope of the consultancy. Most projects will center around pricing, although there are many sales and marketing strategy projects as well. Fortunately, pricing is a much broader field than many people expect. the only other con is the pay, which is a bit lower than many competing consultancies.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the high level of involvement and communication with employees; we love it. Raise pay 10-20%; this is a contentious point among consultants today, as we know pay in competing firms outpaces ours.

Great opportunity to learn a lot with an incredible group of smart, down-to-earth people

Mountain View, CA

ProsThe people and collaboration without hierarchy, the flexibility, opportunity to work directly with partners on projects and lead significant workstreams early in your career

ConsThe smaller offices mean not as many formal processes which are structured and followed. As the business grows, this has become more necessary to establish.

Stay away from this company whatever you do.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsWork life balance is very good. Hours are fine. The project work is interesting and the clients are generally very easy to work with.

ConsManagement is terrible and the company is so cheap its unbelievable. There are very few perks to working for this company. Management cuts corners and delivers poor products when cost to the company is too high. On various occaisions, we "fit the data to our recommendations" rather than structure our thoughts based on hard data.

The company is dead set on using antiquated marketing techniques and is giving itself a bad name as a consultancy. In a few years, the company will be widely known as being a farce.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend time and money with your people. Become people managers as well as project managers.

Great company to start working in consulting

Consultant Level IV (Former Employee)
    Brussels (Belgium)

ProsOffice culture, flat structure, great work-life balance, opportunity to travel during projects and to do rotations to other offices

ConsCompensation lower than peers, lack of training, too focused on a niche (pricing) which after a couple of years become quite redundant

Worked for Simon-Kucher & Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Simon-Kucher & Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Simon-Kucher & Partners CEO Dr. Georg Tacke and Dr. Klaus Hilleke. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by Simon-Kucher & Partners employees.