Simon Property Group Reviews

Reset

1. I am not sure how a company could be run worse than SPG

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Simon Property Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flex hours (I have to write 5 words for pros, but I don't have enough pros to fill the requirement, so that is what this is)

Cons

Pay Vacations Sick time Upper management Field employees are disposable

Advice to Management

The worst experience I have had with a job. Unless you are in upper management you are not important. The funny thing is, you have to do the dirty work for upper management to receive their bonuses. Pay raises are no existent, but they want you to continue to add to your work load. Goals are unreachable and there is virtually no training. Holidays are required for Guest Services. For such a big company, they pay awful. My advice would be to refuse a job offer and to go elsewhere.

2. Lease Administrator

I worked at Simon Property Group full-time

Pros

Fun surroundings, Diverse clientele, Convenient shopping,

Cons

Demand or size of property does not allow employees to work efficiently

Assistant Marketing Director

Former Employee - Assistant Director of Marketing in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Director of Marketing in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

Variety of tasks, organizing different fun events through out the year, working with different stakeholders: retail tenants, sponsors, short term tenants, and visitors

Cons

Sometimes long hours, weekend hours. Unfortunate to have just one bad apple at the office, but that can happen anywhere

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular

Marketing Intern

Pros

Was given the opportunity to take charge of different projects and get involved in the planning and distribution process of signage, social media, and organizing events. Office employees become like family, you get to make many contacts and connections with organizations and retail tenants, you are included in meetings, conference calls, in-mall and external activities. You learn a lot about different marketing strategies.

Cons

Top management is way too over their heads and can be too authoritative and demanding, they lack communication with employees, expect you to be as immersed and addicted with work like them telling you this is "the real world", many do not know how to prioritize and give the interns busy work and meaningless tasks.

Advice to Management

Lower your expectations with interns and learn how to be better leaders without having the need to belittle others

6. Local Leasing Rep

Pros

Being able to see the latest in retail trends and working closely with other field reps in other territories made working the long hours tolerable. This job was interesting and creative. I was proud to work for this company for over 12 years.

Cons

The company really only cares about the bottom line. "How much money can you squeeze from your tenants before they have to leave?" Management can be clique-ish and sometimes backstabbing. It really depends on how well you are meeting your numbers and if you kiss butt.

7. Office Administrator

I worked at Simon Property Group full-time

Pros

Great company. Executives are personable and positive. Pay was competitive and benefits were good. Lots of cross training for other departments.

Cons

Always work the day after Thanksgiving. Dealing with tenants can be challenging at times.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible with requests for time off. Strict rules for scheduling vacation time. Sometimes makes it difficult to deal with an emergency.

8. Co-manager, Sales Associate

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Simon Property Group (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a lot of great products that I have the benefit of using. I've used everything that the sell and everything really works.

Cons

They only pay 8$ an hour, its also a family owned business so they are never really checking up on the store or caring at all.

Advice to Management

Raise the pay so that they wouldn't have to keep hiring different people, also to organize the store better so we can get more customers in.

9. Maintenance Techinian

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Simon Property Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Work isn't hard,The boss is easy to get along with,a lot of team players work there,a good atmospher to work around.

Cons

Not nothing wrong working there.

Advice to Management

Just keep treating employs like they dispose to be treated and will always come to work.

10. good for students

Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Palm Coast, FL
    Former Employee - Guest Services Representative in Palm Coast, FL

I worked at Simon Property Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job, good if you really want part-time hours

Cons

low pay, can be boring bring a book, part-time hours only, no advancement, uniforms suck, holidays, nights and weekends mainly.

Advice to Management

streamline paperwork

11. Dixie heritag

Current Employee - Store Manager in Ocala, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Ocala, FL

Pros

I love this store so unique the best merchandise servic and prices

Cons

Best servic best prices very nice people come to the mall just for this store

Advice to Management

Try to have one store in all Simon malls

RSS Feed </> Embed