Simonton Windows

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Savan

Great

ProsA great company to work for! I love going into work everyday. My boss is great and so are all of the managers there and at cooperate.

ConsThere is not much to complain about with simonton. Everyone is friendly, and willing to listen to any problems that might occur.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow your associates better

A good employment opportunity

ProsGreat work/life balance for most things. You usually know in advance when long hours are required (e.g. - month end). CEO and other executives are approachable.

ConsNot as much opportunity for advancement in Simonton itself. Potential to advance within a sister company but that involves moving. Not as much time off as prior employment.

Unfair supervisors

Glazing Line (Current Employee) Ellenboro, WV

ProsNot bad pay for the area

ConsSupervisor doesn't treat employees with the same set of rules

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees should have the same set of rules to follow, Smokers should not get more paid breaks than the non-smokers. Non-smokers don't get 3 breaks before lunch and 2 after lunch like the smokers do. We all shuld be treated equal. Group leaders should have to do more work, some of them work and some of them stand around eating and drinking , talking to their friend.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My position was eliminated due to budget cuts but without this company I would not have my Master's Degree or a 401K.

Training Coordinator (Former Employee) Parkersburg, WV

ProsVery good benefits, stock purchase option, 401K match,

ConsStressful and new positions are located in Columbus OH

32.5 years it was good while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a fast growing company that I helped grow, until the last five years. Then market crashed .

ConsIt's was hard to lost a job that you thought you was going to retire at.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the people that take care of your work loads and makes the company look good in the industry.

Very professional company. To the point where people don't matter as much as the bottom line does.

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsFlexibility to create your own schedule.

ConsYearly goals are unobtainable and change each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-Year re-evaluation of dollars vs. territory.

Low pay, Bad management

Production (Current Employee) Paris, IL

ProsHamburgers, hotdogs and chips. You also get a t-shirt.

Consthey don't really care to much about their employess. Pay is a joke, not a whole lot of incentive to stay. That's why you see a lot of new people in the summer.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed all new upper management. Also you are supposed to take care of the people who take care of you and Simonton windows does not. Need to be more competitive in the work force to keep good employess.

Great until Fortune Brands bought it.

ProsMy pay is ok, but other folks pay not very good.

ConsThey are bean counters and don't care abought the people working for them. They would sell there soul to make a buck no matter how many employees the hurt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a heart and a brain. Simonton windows had the best employees and still has some. They have tought me not to trust anyone. So sad. Shame on them.

Former employee

Prosok benefits decent pay wages

Consover worked, no set hours

Fortune Brands - Interested in profit - People are disposable

Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) Parkersburg, WV

ProsWindows are excellent, made-in-America, products. People at the factory and lower management levels are excellent, hard working, and dedicated. At one time, the company acted as a family.

ConsExecutive management doesn't have concern for workers. Decisions are made that negatively affect workers based solely on impact to executive proift and bonuses.

Company moved out of WV to Columbus, OH and let 30% of employees go from corporate HQ to get cheaper labor. Fortune Brands sold the golf ball manufactuing off to Korea.

Some employees had to move to a competing window company in WV to survive.

Known to lay-off people by email and make up reasons for dismissal.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that short term decisions will have long term impact on the Customers, people, product and reputation..
    People are the greatest resource - Listen to their suggestions.

Worked for Simonton Windows? Contribute to the Community!