Simpleview Inc. Reviews

Ryan George

1. One person's

Current Employee - Developer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Developer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

This not something I normally do, but after being alerted to a few negative reviews by someone I interviewed, I felt it necessary to write down my thoughts.

It is obvious that management does what they can to treat employees well while also running a business. Sure, it's a job and "hard work" is #1 on the core value list, but in the many years that I have been here, I have seen things ebb and flow. Sometimes morale is down, often times it is very high, which is how I see things today.

As one person put it, we are treated like adults, the benefits package is very strong, and I've always been able to talk to the CEO, COO, my manager or any Director about anything that was on my mind. Who knows where they may lead, but they even awarded stock options this year to every single employee... They didn't have to do that.

I also work with some extremely talented people and I doubt there is a better collection of this kind of intelligence anywhere in Tucson. It can be hard to keep up at times, but it feels good knowing that you are surrounded by good people.

Cons

One person mentioned "70 hour work weeks." This is simply untrue. I am not an early riser by any means, but I'm often one of the last ones at the office at around 7:00pm (the company allows for flex schedules) and there are rarely more than one or two people here that late. In fact, in looking in our projects database, only one person averaged more than 50 hours a week for the year (a sales person who travels constantly), two people approached 50, the programmer that had the most hours averaged 44 for the year, and all employees combined averaged 42. Again, the expectation is that people work hard and work smart, but there is no pressure to work any more than is required to get the job done. This occasionally means working extra hours, but this happens in short stints and resources ultimately get added to spread the load.

One knock would be culture related... Generally, it's awesome, but it's not for everyone. The company is fiercely competitive, not internally, but in wanting to win business and grow. I personally like this, but there is a bit of a disconnect when they try to "soften things up" or get "touchy feely." It does seem fake at times, but this is a small complaint and is something I see as an attempt to relate to the more sensitive and culture-minded in the group. Part of me wishes the CEO would just let loose and say what's on his mind, but given the content of some of these reviews, I am not sure that everyone could handle an even more intense environment....

Keep doing what you're doing. I personally haven't seen much change since the private equity investment and have actually never worked for owners who work as hard as our management team does. I would like to see the return of 360 reviews, which have been talked about many times, but only done once.

If you can find another job take it

I have been working at Simpleview Inc.

Pros

it's a job
    you get a paycheck

Cons

I wrote this after reading the one persons review posted on this site because I thought I needed to. Many people here work way over 50, 60, 70 hours a week and this is AMs, CRM, Dev, Sales, everyone, What are you talking about OP? you get in at 11? I think this is either a fake review or sorry to say, one of the upper management wrote it. The use of the word awesome is giving away who wrote it because I think that is stretching the truth a lot. I won't write about how it is fake and everyone has to kiss butt as it is written about and also confirmed by the management (one persons post). This is true.

Is this a great job? No.
    Is it a good job...some days
    It is an OK job that you wish you could find a better one - YES
    Is it the worst decision of my life - No but I know that this is not where I see myself for long and everyone I know feels the same way I do.

I am looking at other jobs tonight actually.

Don't post fake reviews. The staff read them and it makes it obvious how stupid you think we are. Some don't want to post because they are afraid you will find out it was them but paranoia is not one of my problems, so here is my post, Some of the management are so obnoxious. Our clients don't seem as impressed with us as they used to. It was a good company but like so many it is not any more.

Pretends to be laid back and cool, but it's not...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time

Pros

You can expect free food and coffee, but there is a reason or that...they never want you to leave work. It is frowned on to work less then 70 hours a week. If you can kiss the behind of the right person, then you are ok, but otherwise, watch your back. It's a job, so just leave it at that. One other thing, the turnover here is high but you will never hear anyone talk about it. One day a person is there, the next day, gone. Of course, you can't talk about it or you will be gone too.

Cons

Fake office culture, long long work hours lots of sickness and butt kissing to ensure job is secure

Some of you need to retire now and some need to just stop doing coke but the CEO will probably read this at the next company meeting and make jokes and then resort to making threats to the person who wrote this. You will never know its me. The CEO will make it mandatory for all the employees to log on to this site and leave 5 star reviews and get them signed off to show that everything is great and this will also be the next company meeting point

5. Destination Marketing Technology Company

Current Employee - Account Executive in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Simpleview Inc. full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with great managers and they treat you as adults. VPN access to work after hours and if sick can work from home so you don't miss deadlines (still have to take PTO, ugh). Ability to make decent commissions. They have a stocked kitchen to keep you energized and your blood sugar steady. They ENCOURAGE the use of your continuing education Money, its not dog and pony

Cons

ok Base pay for Tucson but low for industry, especially with same paying jobs down the road in Phoenix making 12-15 k more in base plus com. Cost of living isn't so different to justify the means.

need to create hybrid positions that can sell cross platform deals.