Simplex Healthcare

Updated May 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Douglas (Doug) Hudson

Good people, in a state of change due to CMS.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere and interior design of the office.

ConsThey got bought and are no longer a company.

interesting

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsHelping people purchase with their diabetes supplies, Learning, and perfecting telesales, co-workers were very friendly. The section of town that the company is located in is very convenient.

ConsTowards the end the company experienced layoffs frequently. Simplex would be a great company to work for if there was some advancement opportunities. the company towards the end was very un-stable.

Advice to Senior Managementset a career track in place for existing employees. Reward performance with monetary incentives, not field days, or game days. No one that earns a paycheck would rather have a "game day," than a raise or bonus.

Blended Team Agent

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsLots of Autonomy in day to day activities.

ConsClosely monitored on call metrics

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a job, not a career

Sales (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsSometimes has flexible schedules.
    You can leave work, at work.
    Casual dress code.

ConsIt's not a place that you would have a career at.
    Limited advancement opportunities.
    Some promotions are determined not by merit at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome are great, and others are incompetent.

OK If you are on the cool team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun place to work sometimes

ConsQuick turnover - change the rules all the time

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is not a click

The worst company I have ever worked for (I'd give them half a star if I could)

Patient Care Blended Representative (Former Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsNice office building, good hours of operation. Fun Co-workers. Pay decent for work, but fluctuates dramatically.

ConsThey are outsourcing American jobs overseas and there is no job security. Decreasing pay and dishonest management and HR. They tell you one thing and then when they change their mind they don't tell you and make you seem stupid for not knowing. They pretend they care about you and your work life balance but if you don't work overtime when it's available it affects your quarterly review. Lying cheating and stealing are the norm for the top performers. The billing and document procurement are a hot mess. Senior Management are more worried about lying to protect the company and the company claims to be compliant but they aren't. Every mistake is blamed on IT.

Advice to Senior ManagementTell the truth and stop trying so hard to pretend it a good place to work and you help people. You only help yourselves. Get a new IT department or outsource them to India, they rock at IT.

Much of your experience here will depend on what department you work in.

Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsFast growing new company with opportunity for growth.
    Friendly staff and casual environment.
    Company has set up a vast resource of information which makes it nearly possible for patient account reps and billers to self - manage effectively without too much confusion

ConsRules often change without notice and proper notification for all people in teams as small as 15.
    High turnover rate which does effect morale.
    Arcane quota system which diminishes quality of work done by patient account reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would leave the competitive production to sales department. It leaves many reps feeling as if they don't have the time to problem solve effectively. Implementing QA was a good idea, but go with that idea to gauge the complexity of the problems being solved versus claim count to have a true and balanced view of production level amongst individuals.

I like working at Simplex

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsOverall your job duties are pretty clear. The 2 week onboarding class let's you learn what is expected. But you do have to follow the rules since healthcare is highly regulated. A lot of caring people work there. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Accumulated PTO. The office is very nice.

ConsTurnover is common - but I think that is because some people dont follow the rules. They do measure how productive you are with real time reports. So if you think you can just slide by - this is not the place for you.

Don't Be Fooled

Enrollment Agent (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsThe other agents are friendly and helpful. The office is very clean and offers things such as free coffee, tea, and filtered water. All agents gets access to a gym and cafe.

ConsTerrible management. There is no clear vision with the company, and the upper level management could be confused for entry level employees. They have no idea how to run a business. Another big complaint is the questionable sales tactics they use to sign on patients. Very deceptive. The company probably fires on average about two people per day thoughout the departments. I've seen people work only a week and get let go. It almost seems like they hired too many people, change their mind, and start a round of firings. A day without hr escorting an employee upstairs with a box is unusual. If I had been aware of the cold calling duties I would be performing, I would have made a run for it. Unfortunately like everything else in the company, the interviews were deceptive as well. They said we would only be calling people who were interested in diabetic testing supplies, but in reality we are calling people who took a survey online or over the phone to win an iPad or gift card. Unless you desperately need a job, run for the hills!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees and make an effort to raise morale. Treating people like expendable items is not a good way to promote unity. Also don't be so deceptive in the interviews. Might save some money in the hiring process and lower turnover. Strive for more ethical business practices and treating customers with respect. Last and not least, stop playing favorites with your employees.

Turnover is a normal business practice

Inside Sales - Enrollment (Current Employee) Franklin, TN

ProsThe pay is decent and you don't have a strict dress code.

ConsPeople are fired all the time for little to nothing. The smallest issue will get you terminated and I would not recommend working here under any circumstances. The management fires it's top performing employees for the smallest issues. I did not get fired, but quit for a better job because I saw everyone around me get let go. DO NOT WORK HERE and definitely DO NOT LEAVE ANOTHER JOB TO WORK HERE. It is the exception to work at Simplex for longer than a year and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on reducing turnover and revamp the entire human capital dept.

Worked for Simplex Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!