Simply Hired

James Beriker

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Good Company

Data Science (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsVery nice managers. Good pay and you can also have a great surf in data science.

ConsNothing much to say about this. There are not good resturants near this location.

Proud to be a part of this team

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros-As everyone says.. free lunch every day!
    -Collaborative environment with motivated employees
    -Managers who care about getting to know you as a whole person, not just a worker
    -Decisions are made quickly and the pace of work is FAST
    -Cross-functional work; you don't have to stay within your own purview
    -The energy in the office is contagious!

Cons-Tends towards reactive work, and need to get better at proactively determining issues and prioritizing
    -Internal communication could be better, sometimes we're all working so hard that we don't work smart (this is improving and a work in progress)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep the lines of communication open, so we all work towards the same goal. Keep up the great work!

Visionary CEO, Solid Executives, Talented Employees

Marketing (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsI joined Simply Hired shortly after James Beriker, the new CEO, took the helm. I can't say much about what the company was like prior to James. However, I can say that now with James and lots of new execs and employees, this is an awesome place to work. Lots of growth, innovation, and all-around good vibes.

Management cares about employee feedback and satisfaction, and there's a palpable energy that pervades the office. The vision for success has been clearly communicated, and everyone is motivated to get there.

I love Simply Hired!

ConsNone. Again, this is an awesome place to work with lots of career and financial opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company ready to change and transform.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros- Employees are energized and excited to get things done with a single focus in mind: to make Simply Hired the best it can be
    - Encouraging and collaborative environment
    - Superstar management team who is highly in touch with the rest of the company
    - Fantastic talent across all departments; some of these people are the most intelligent and savvy individuals I've come across

Cons- Lots of work to do, but not enough resources to do it
    - The company is still going through some growing pains and adjusting to the influx of many new employees and a rapidly changing outlook

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to continue to communicate to the company as a whole and be as transparent as possible!

A completely different company, than just a year ago.

ProsAtmosphere-
    No Cubicles, No offices, an open collaborative environment.

New Leadership-
    More than 1/2 the employees have not been with the company more than a few months. The new CEO is less than a year in, and the company is not only reaching for new goals, but attaining them.

Positive Energy and Momentum-
    HR has been re-stacking the talent deck with topic experts. Its a collection of MVP teams.

Free Lunch-
    Economists say there is no "free lunch", but SimplyHired challenges that Maxim, and collaboration from random outdoor picnic table meetings is priceless.

MacBook Air's for all- No lugging that 10lb behemoth of a laptop around. Get hip! (of course you can have a PC if you wish.)

Flexible Work Schedule-
    Yahoo's done away with the WFH policy, Simply Hired values a balanced lifestyle.

Competitive Pay-
    The website has a salary calculator, so it would be a bit hypocritical if they were not offering competitive salaries. Luckily they are offering competitive salaries.

ConsExcellence is expected-
    With teams of MVP players, there is little room for mediocrity. Which is a PRO if you are an MVP, or a con if you are not.

Free lunch- comes with impromptu lunch meetings, if you want. Great for impromptu collaboration but you will be tired by the end of the day. It is really helpful to hash projects out, and have input from people who might not be directly related to a project.

The industry is competitive-
    Which requires the bar is set high.

Free Food/Snacks/Drinks-
    This is a huge "benefit" for some, but it can be bad for the "freshman 15lbs" you might gain, if you let yourself run wild in the kitchen.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlong with the new CEO, many new experienced VPs have morphed the team in the past year.

My advice to Management is to keep ALL the Pro's above. They are substantial considerations for your young and tech savvy employees. Being in touch with the future of job/life balance is more important than most companies know. Many talented people would happily take less salary, for flexibility and fringe benefits. If they are talented, they probably have other priorities than just money.

Luckily they have not tried to change these values which were set in the companies "startup" days...8 years ago.

Diamond in the Rough

Director (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

Pros- CEO is consummate strategist and a genuinely nice person who is passionate about success
    - Industry renowned product experts on board
    - collaborative work environment
    - hot space - pay per performance is just starting to impact recruiting, and Simply Hired is there to help

Cons- Marketing team is awesome, but leadership is new. Lots of opportunity, but waiting is sometimes hard
    - Like every company, engineeers!! While the ones we have are awesome, there are just never enough.

Worse company ever

Sales (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA

ProsPeople are smart
    Open work environment

ConsPay is very less compared to market
    Looks like they are trying to see off the company because they reduced the Sales team workforce

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clear on what you are doing with the company.

Worked for Simply Hired? Contribute to the Community!