Simply Measured

4.8

Adam Schoenfeld

Carpe Opportunity!

I have been working at Simply Measured

Pros

There are tons of pros. Broadly stated, social and data are two of the hottest industries on their own, so it's energizing to come to work at a place that brings the two together. Add the fact that the product is truly differentiated in a crowded market and it's hard not to be excited about the things that are ahead.

The office, work environment and employees are all phenomenal. Employees have autonomy and the successful ones can chart their own growth path within the organization.

The management team shows strength by making hard decisions before they need to. This kind of foresight is often lacking at a startup/growth company and it's something that shouldn't be taken for granted!

Cons

Like any company there are some pains associated with growth, including executive turnover and lots of changes.

Keep thinking big! Progress has been made to make compensation packages more competitive but still room for improvement.

A growing company in a unique space

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Simply Measured full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great location and a growing company. My colleagues were smart and hard working.
    Fast growing and challenging (in a good way) work environment
    I loved the product we were selling.

Cons

Quotas changed more than I would have liked.
    Benefits were adequate but could have been better.

I would offer more training on the sales side. Other than that I was pretty happy at work.

Great product and brilliant passionate people.

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Work alongside brilliant people
    Management encourages and provides career development
    Amazing product with really ambitious plans for improvements and expansion in the future

Cons

No 401K as of yet, but management told company they will implement in 2015

I bit of a rollercoaster: it's meant for some, not for others.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Simply Measured full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working at Simply Measured was a great chance to try new things and grow. For self-starters, there are many opportunities to take on projects and experiment. For those who can self-advocate, there are many opportunities for advancement. Simply Measured has above-average base pay and excellent health care benefits. There are also additional perks, like transportation, food in the kitchen, views of Elliott Bay, a kegerator, and a very real putting green in the office. Simply Measured has company values that leadership strives to live by. I cannot stress how smart and passionate all of the employees are at Simply Measured, and combining this with a fast-paced environment (think Tableau), you will get far more experience in 1 year than you would at any other similarly-sized company.

Cons

Simply Measured has grown very fast and there are growing pains associated with this-- it's a wild start-up in a medium-size company's body that is looking to go big. That's a lot of changes to account for.

I want to note that I would not recommend this place of work to a friend at this time, particularly for the role I was in. However, I do hope to see this return to an environment which is good for most any amazing employee to succeed in and enjoy. Currently, below is what I would consider cons regarding working for Simply Measured:

There is a lot of distraction and stress in this environment at times, and leadership could provide more clarity and professionalism to individual contributors. There continues to be confusion around roles and responsibilities, and I have seen employees be set up to fail in this environment, even those who have a lot of potential. Training for new hires is present in some portions of the org, and completely non-existent in others. I also found that the work-life balance at Simply Measured is very not aligned with my personal style (even as someone who genuinely likes to work), and after some reflection I attribute much of this to the disorganization and lack of clear communication among teams and the leadership. I currently do not see this company living by their values, but I know the intention is there.

Make clear lines of decision-making, and provide employees with the environment and tools they need to succeed. Do not cut corners when it comes to investing in people. Listen to and trust the people you hire, regardless of their place on the org chart.

Hands down the best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are the smartest, most driven, most fun-loving people I've ever worked with. They make me excited to walk into the office every day.

The office environment is a weird combination of relaxed and intense. It's hard to describe, but it's an environment that really facilitates me doing me best work. There's just kind of a special feeling in the air.

The market opportunity we're tackling is a big, exciting, challenging one. We all recognize it, and it's part of what drives us. It's very fun to be on the cutting edge of our space.

Cons

The breakneck growth the company has experienced has come with its own set of challenges. Everything from our processes to our infrastructure to our culture to our physical office has to scale. There are always some growing pains that come along with the insane growth we've experienced. But I consider this a good problem to have.

Keep being accountable and transparent. The people here really look up to Simple Measured's leadership, with good reason.

Awesome place to work

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone cares about the work they are doing and how it can help the company succeed, endless encouragement, lots of perks!

Cons

Can be slightly cliquey, but with a little energy it isn't hard to make friends

Summer camp with your smartest friends.

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Choose your own adventure! It's a quickly growing company jam-packed with the sharpest tools in the shed, so opportunities are available in every nook and cranny. It's challenging, but you have the potential to make a real difference in not only the company, but the industry.

Bonus: everyone genuinely likes each other. Everyone in the office is so happy and aligned with the company vision that it sometimes feels like you're stepping outside of rainy Seattle and into an alternate reality.

Cons

Too many openings, not enough qualified candidates!

In all seriousness, there aren't a lot of cons. The company does an amazing job of identifying problems and working to resolve them quickly and effectively. The leadership is outstanding.

Stick to our values (with the potential addition of #winning?) and keep hiring folks that share them. A company growing this quickly is bound to encounter some growing pains, but keeping these at top of mind will ensure we continue on the path to success.

The most fun I've ever had at work

I have been working at Simply Measured

Pros

I don't even know where to start. I love going to work every day! It's a great group of people who work hard because they're passionate, and play hard because they enjoy being around each other. I feel challenged and I love that effective processes have been put into place that allow my voice to be heard. My supervisors are great mentors and I learn so much through working with them. I feel well compensated and we have great office perks. Our founders and leadership are incredibly accessible and approachable.

Cons

There is not much to report. Standard growing pains that you would expect from a start up.

Keep on keeping to the company values.

Great company, awesome co-workers, innovative

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time

Pros

Awesome products that customers love
    Great sense of community among the "Simply Fam"
    Opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the tech industry
    Effective executive leadership in CEO Adam
    Fun, encouraging environment and company culture
    Promising long-term vision

Cons

Some growing pains associated with quickly-growing company
    Lots of shifting around and some occasional confusion around who-handles-what

Keep on keeping on!

Working with the smartest, most passionate people around

Current Employee - Director of Professional Services in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director of Professional Services in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Simply Measured full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people here are amazing - from the longest-tenured to the newest addition. We have a ton of different roles here, but everyone loves their particulate role and you can see that in how they attack work every day. I think it says a lot when you see people not just working together, but having fun and actually relating - and that's what happens here.

Everyone has a good idea of how what they do here makes the company a better place and makes our clients love the product/company. That's something that definitely sets Simply Measured apart from other companies - a direct line between what each individual does and the success of the company.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any cons here, but i'm sure others may have areas they might want to see improved. We have an open communication plan that helps people share their frustrations and suggestions for solving them.